Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Away Scheme member......

Irrelevent. Any agreement, especially one involving a transfer if money is a contract.

I payed them a tenner, in return they offered me the ability tio buy away game tickets for life.

That's a contract, whatever else you want to call it.

Irrelevent, I already has a contract with them. I should need to do anything to keep it.

That's how contract law works.

Fork Me

I know how contract law works, but these are scheme rules, which are completely different. There is no contract regardless of how much you paid.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There's no difference in law.

If you pay for something and are told what you are getting for it, then it's a contract.

Fork Me

No, it's not. A contract is signed by both parties.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
If you have a contract, then you will have a signed copy of it.

Scan it on here.

Why will I?

Not all contracts are signed. The notice in the club shop telling yuou what you are getting for your money is enough in law.

Come to that, if you can prove it (for example with reliable witnesses or a recording), a verbal agreement is enough in law.

Fork Me

Fine, I see where you're coming from, but there is a difference and you know it.

Scheme rules fall under contract law as laid down by the company administering the scheme. I don't have the details of the previous AMS but I would be very very surprised if there is not something within the T&C's that says that the club reserve the right to blah blah blah...

If the need arises then the club are obliged to publicise changes that it is making, in this case closing the AMS and opening a new membership scheme and giving a suitable period of notice for people to transfer across, usually in my experience 90 days. If after that notice period is up then the previous scheme is closed and any members that have not transferred are deemed to no longer be members (in this case, or whatever the default eventuality laid out in the advertised notice of intention is).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to me that even the one-off 'big' match ticket-buyers already got stung for a questionable tenner surcharge on their tickets. Just seems a bit iffy to then sting them again, no matter what you might feel about glory-hunters, cherry-pickers and the like. And to do the same to regular away fans is just rubbish. Apply it going forward to new applicants by all means, but anybody who was AMS registered before the the first week in September 2007 should not be made to pay again. Cos they all played their part in keeping the Albion afloat. IMHO like.

Seems to me that even the one-off 'big' match ticket-buyers already got stung for a questionable tenner surcharge on their tickets. Just seems a bit iffy to then sting them again, no matter what you might feel about glory-hunters, cherry-pickers and the like. And to do the same to regular away fans is just rubbish. Apply it going forward to new applicants by all means, but anybody who was AMS registered before the the first week in September 2007 should not be made to pay again. Cos they all played their part in keeping the Albion afloat. IMHO like.

But that defeats the object in trying to clear out all the dead wood in the first place. If these "regular" away fans hadn't somehow managed to stumble upon the fact that the membership scheme had changed and they had to do something to continue to be an away member, despite the fact that it was advertised heavily on the official site, discussed endlessly here, published in the argus and match programmes and announced at home games then f*** them. I refuse to believe that none of them ever look at the offical site, even if they don't look here, or don't get to home games now and again, or more to the point don't go away with someone that does!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But that defeats the object in trying to clear out all the dead wood in the first place. If these "regular" away fans hadn't somehow managed to stumble upon the fact that the membership scheme had changed and they had to do something to continue to be an away member, despite the fact that it was advertised heavily on the official site, discussed endlessly here, published in the argus and match programmes and announced at home games then f*** them. I refuse to believe that none of them ever look at the offical site, even if they don't look here, or don't get to home games now and again, or more to the point don't go away with someone that does!

I can't argue with any of that. But to clear away the 'dead wood', the club should have at least written to each AMS member at their registered address, or email address, and then given them a suitable amount of time to reply. Like over the close season maybe. Then they could genuinely have drawn a line under the 'dead wood'. Just seem to be a lot of folks aggrieved over the current policy, is all.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I can't argue with any of that. But to clear away the 'dead wood', the club should have at least written to each AMS member at their registered address, or email address, and then given them a suitable amount of time to reply. Like over the close season maybe. Then they could genuinely have drawn a line under the 'dead wood'. Just seem to be a lot of folks aggrieved over the current policy, is all.

A lot of folks? There's about four having a go on Nsc.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

I couldn't agree more. I tried my best to warn people as well.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
No, it's not. A contract is signed by both parties.

Legally that's not so.
A contract is formed when 1 party pays another for goods or a service whether it is a written or verbal agreement is irrelevant,money changed hands and a service was provided,therefore that's a contract that would stand up in any court in the country.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Legally that's not so.
A contract is formed when 1 party pays another for goods or a service whether it is a written or verbal agreement is irrelevant,money changed hands and a service was provided,therefore that's a contract that would stand up in any court in the country.

Quite. There was a shitload of Terms & Conditions that the AMS member had to abide by also. Else, they'd be in, what, breach of contract?

Sounds pretty much like a contract to me.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Legally that's not so.

Go on then. Test it.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Go on then. Test it.

Why would I want to test it??
I couldn't give a monkeys if they charge another tenner of not.
I wouldn't use it either way.
For what it's worth I DO think they're taking the piss but that's irrelevant.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Why would I want to test it??
I couldn't give a monkeys if they charge another tenner of not.
I wouldn't use it either way.
For what it's worth I DO think they're taking the piss but that's irrelevant.

You made a statement saying it would hold up in a court of law. I thought you could back it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here