Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Away Scheme member......

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But not all the away games covered by the lifetime AMS scheme surely will be?

True, but surely a decent principled fan is just as happy to go to Hartlepool away as Spurs away, after all, it's the Albion we go to see. So if they miss the odd glamour tie, so what?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
True, but surely a decent principled fan is just as happy to go to Hartlepool away as Spurs away, after all, it's the Albion we go to see. So if they miss the odd glamour tie, so what?

The games that arn't covered by any membership scheme obviously arn't a problem for anybody as tickets will be available - that's obvious of course.

It's the games that are covered by this new scheme which are the issue.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I didn't go to either Spurs or West Ham...the so called big games...I was however at Bristol City for the JPT...all things are relative.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Which is why, if you're one of those who likes to make the big games, you should keep an eye on what is happening with the club and as such would have known that you have to reregister, or pay your tenner now and not risk being in the scramble if we make the 3rd round of the cup this year.

Spot on, and i think the whole point of the new scheme.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
OK that's fair enough I suppose.

Actually that raises an interesting question if we get to Wembley this year or next in the playoffs. Surely they will insist on these Cardiff goers purchasing another 'lifetime' membership. Why not just be honest and drop the lifetime claim?

Although I'm sure many don't agree, my view is still that what has happened is wrong and I actually expected them to honour previous commitments. The club needs the fans at times, as shown by their mailshots, perhaps they should show a bit of loyalty back.
The Cardiff-goers aren't the issue. It's the Spurs and West Ham-goers that are. With Cardiff, there was enough to go round, as there would be at Wembley.

What I'm guessing at here is that there is a certain amount of 'clearing out the dead-wood', and endeavouring to properly track those who do go to away games. It is then often undone by clubs saying you can pay on the gate.

No system is ever perfect, but what the club are trying to do is to now prioritise those who are seen to be the most loyal (in whatever form) to the club.

As for the cost, these things need administering, including updates on ticket details via email, web and post, the cost of the card itself, the administration of ticket applications (ensuring golds, blue and whites apply at the appropriate time) and so on. For whatever reason, too many people were unhappy with the previous system, so the club felt they kind of had to 'start again' with the AMS. I'm sure they didn't really want to have to charge us, but, any changes do cost. And, for the sake of a tenner, I certainly don't feel I've been fleeced or the victim of a con.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
If it only took 6 years to accumulate 40,000 pieces of dead wood, each paying (only) a tenner, then surely it will only be a matter of time before another cull is needed. After all we can't possibly expect a club to be able to cope with 40,000 names on a database can we?

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
have you come accross this problem:

My mini does this all the time!

Re: Purchased songs won't play
Posted: Jun 30, 2007 7:39 AM in response to: tepperleen Reply Email

I am having the same problem. Sometimes the songs I purchased are there. Usually when it's fully charged and right after syncing. But after a while when I try to play a purchased song you see the title and artist, click on it time it looks like its going to play and after about 1 second it skips to the next song.

I have to add the support page is not very helpful. Or at least it's not easy to find the help I need.

PC Windows XP

The Apple people dont know why this is happening either

Unfortunately I've not encountered this problem as i've not got a mini and i've never purchased anything from iTunes as all the songs on my iPod have been ripped from my CD collection. And I don't use Windows at home.

Try the following:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
And discussed extensively on here. And in the Argus.

The scheme has changed so they had no obligation to the old scheme at all really. It was pretty good of them to give that opportunity, they didn't have to at all.

Again, not right.

A contract can't just be cancelled and replaced by a new one by one side.

When we paid that tenner we were told it was for life. Changing the scheme doesn't in any way release them from that obligation in law.

At the end of the day (and I donate more than that tenner to the club anyway for no return) it is a shoddy way to treat fans.

Fork Me

Fork Me

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
There doesn't need to be. I assume the club doesn't employ a psychic so they couldn't possibly have known that they would want to change the AMS. They have closed the old scheme completely,

You clearly know nothing about contract law.

You can't just "close" a contract that has been paid for.

You don't have a leg to stand on with your legal challenge, you've got less of a case than Falmer Parish Council FFS.

Wrong. If anyone took it to court (and tbh, I hope nobody does) they would win.

Fork Me

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Excuses excuses.

What was the club suppose to do....spend a fortune sending all 40,000 members a letter ?

It could, as has been said in here several times, have automatically transferred them all to the white scheme. That would have taken seconds and cost nothing (assuming they know how to use a computer). As the whuite membership is basically the same, they wouldn't have even needed to inform people.

Fork Me

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It could, as has been said in here several times, have automatically transferred them all to the white scheme. That would have taken seconds and cost nothing (assuming they know how to use a computer). As the whuite membership is basically the same, they wouldn't have even needed to inform people.

And end with thousands of people who have only been to a couple of 'big' matches just as entitled to tickets as those who go to every home game but buy their tickets as they go along?

I posted a thread and asked for it to be stickied warning people to transfer to the new scheme free of charge. It said the deadline was 31st August.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
And end with thousands of people who have only been to a couple of 'big' matches just as entitled to tickets as those who go to every home game but buy their tickets as they go along?

I posted a thread and asked for it to be stickied warning people to transfer to the new scheme free of charge. It said the deadline was 31st August.

But they wouldn't have just as much chance of a ticket as anyone else. They would be in the 3rd tier of a scheme at the same level as all those who had paid the same as them.

You clearly know nothing about contract law.

You can't just "close" a contract that has been paid for.

Wrong. If anyone took it to court (and tbh, I hope nobody does) they would win.

Fork Me

But they can as it wasn't "a contract" it was membership of a scheme, a scheme that has now closed. They gave notice of the closure of that scheme and gave notice of the need to re-register to the new scheme within the desired timeframes to be eligible for the new scheme at no cost.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
But they wouldn't have just as much chance of a ticket as anyone else. They would be in the 3rd tier of a scheme at the same level as all those who had paid the same as them.

It vastly reduces the number of people who can apply. In the old scheme there were 28,000. That's how many went to Cardiff in 2004.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here