Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear police force..... Not good

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
BBC News - Video shows police beating suspect

I understand they have been under alot of stress but this seems bang bang out of order. :facepalm:

I live in a town pretty much destroyed by the riots and I wish the Met had the balls to do this Tuesday night. Everyone knew it was going to kick off. There were groups of kids hanging round looking ready to kick off and a bit of this might have put them off. Instead loads of normal people have lost their livelihoods. i could sleep at night knowing some little scrote got a bloody nose, maybe a broken arm, because he thought he was above the law.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
what would you like to do give them a Cuddle? I think you'll find the vast majority of this country has had a belly full of liberal minded people like you.

There's quite a few options between giving people a cuddle and hitting them. Punishment mixed with rehabilitation (getting them to change the way they think and making them consider other people) seems like the way forward for me. But punishment's only justified if it's society's punishment - handed down by the process of the law - not by a policeman's truncheon.

What really pisses me off about these riots is the selfish stupidity of the people doing it. In Syria people are literally dying to try and get a measure of freedom, these tossers are "rebelling" for a free telly. In Syria of course the police really go in hard - but I don't suppose even those of you who are sick of "liberal-minded" people would advocate Syrian-style policing?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
i take it you lot agree with the EDL being in Eltham last night, attacking 3 black kids that were sitting on a bus.

If they were sitting there laughing about the stuff they had that they had just looted then yes.If they were sitting there minding their own business then no.Do you know the story?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
"And I have this very clear message to those people who are responsible for this wrongdoing and criminality: you will feel the full force of the law and if you are old enough to commit these crimes you are old enough to face the punishment."

001.png
002.png
003.png
004.png
005.png

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
If they were sitting there laughing about the stuff they had that they had just iooted then yes.If they were sitting there minding there own business then no.Do you know the story?

could say the same about this lad on the bike

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
f*** off giving them the benefit of the doubt. Police have had plenty of chances to steam into the groups of scum, but they have just backed off and shit it. It aint like they've been confronted by thousands of people its been smaller pockets just doin what they want and taking the piss out this nation.

Same old, same old plod...Jumping on one lad on his own.

I was thinking the same thing. The police have stood by and watched shops get looted and burnt to the ground for 4 days, they manage to grab what looks like a 14 or 15 yr old kid with 6 of them and their riot gear and suddenly they are the big hard men.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
You don't understand: the Police enforce the law based upon the powers they are legally prescribed, they do not create it, and are not allowed go beyond what they are legally entitled to do.

Do you think the Police should be allowed to depart from the rule of law?

The police were originally devised as a crime prevention force. That is still their primary function, so it goes without saying that they, too, should uphold the law and not go beyond what they are legally entitled to do.

However, Britain has changed since the days of Robert Peel, a time when severe punishment and even police brutality were commonplace. Nowadays, our police force must follow a code of practice, which, on the one hand, ensures they do not go beyond their remit, but which, on the other, makes it exceedingly difficult for them to work on their own initiative, based on the circumstances in which they find themselves. Because of this, they have had to be very careful in what they do, for fear of internal and external inquiries into their behaviour. Some will go the extra mile to apprehend their suspect. Others think of the brownie points they will lose.

And so it has come to this, when considerable numbers of the young people of England realise that they are more in numbers than the police, that there is very little the police can do without being brandished as racist or violent, and, that should they go to court, they are very likely to get off. Then they are free to start the whole cycle all over again.

Because of the current danger to life and limb, because livelihoods have been destroyed, because lives have been lost and because the nations' youth are out of control, the police have been instructed to use their full powers, and that includes force as a last resort. If, under the current circumstances, suspects are not brought to book, parts of the nation remain in peril. The people want this stopped. Most of them are supporting the police in this, so if a suspect looks like he may escape, a policeman doing his job may feel that to hit him with his truncheon may make it quicker and easier for him to arrest him, so that he can then do his best to prevent the hundreds more who are waiting for him, many of them armed with missiles.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
i take it you lot agree with the EDL being in Eltham last night, attacking 3 black kids that were sitting on a bus.
Have not heard anything about it but I fail to see what that has to do with this & why I/we would agree with it...... Silly comment really wasn't it

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Have not heard anything about it but I fail to see what that has to do with this & why I/we would agree with it...... Silly comment really wasn't it

was just on Channel 4 news, sad thing is it took the police away from areas that needed it.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I bet he wasn't out to get a pint of milk.

I agree - the ovewhelming likelihood is that they were out causing trouble. But the police didn't KNOW that for certain. And even if they did they could have arrested them without attacking first. God knows it must be hard being a cop but those are the standards they set themselves.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom

No, because racially motivated violence and giving someone a slap for beign a criminal are not one and the same thing. You're comparing two completely different things because peopel don't agree with your viewpoint. Simple fact is that people are sick of this and if violence is the only language these little ***** speak then they're going to have to live with it. Generally, I don't condone violence in any form and I don't think that if the police were to go all out like this on everyone that it would help. However, if one or two of the little sods anger a police officer enough to get a few bruises then so be it, I would rather that a few not particularly innocent people got a kicking then entire communities of actually innocent people got their homes and businesses destroyed.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
This is like someone in Afghanistan saying "Look at these Royal Marines Shooting at those Taliban, disgusting!" Thing is, Police should have been doing this days ago and is all thats wrong with this country!

Little Fuckers should be at home anyway, doubt the parents even bothered or even down the bingo hall with their professional dabbing pen!

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011

I have 2 very good friends who were there last night.

3 EDL bods turned up, they were given the benefit of the doubt for the first 3 hours, then they tried to flyer the lads there.

This didnt go down to well with the locals, they were asked to leave, one threw a pint glass and took a few digs. They then f***ed off.

Dont believe the spin that gets put on all this, NICK GRIFFIN IS A **** FOR DOING IT, AND SO ARE THE FAR LEFT.

Eltham looked after Eltham last night, the only far right had to do with it is to stick there shitty spin on it after the event.

There deluded not patriotic. f*** em.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
full force of the law like a 18 year old being detained for 21 hours, then going to court and being told he didnt have to pay the £100 fine he was given and was allowed to walk away scot free.

Wow the law in this country is amazing, i just dont agree with beating a lad on the floor, its as simple as that, why show pictures of distressing situations still dont change anything lets just hope you lads are not out one night hey and happen to bump into oldbill while bad shit was going on, i mean then ya deserve getting a kicking just for being there, fact is they didnt even arrest the lad.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
as i said yesterday, why not adopt a policy of a complete curfew for under 16s between the hours of 10 pm and 6 pm ? I think once a few parents have been woken up and been forced to drag their sorry arses down to a police station in the small hours to take their kids home it might make a few of them try to act like parents.
correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here