Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear police force..... Not good

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Why should i be ashamed that i'm not a blood thirsty arm chair vigilante?

You should be ashamed because you do not support our police force when they are doing their job in the way the people want them to do their job. They've been hamstrung for too long by the attitude of people like you. Appeasement was found not to work.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Are you thinking?

I repeat: this is a country which adheres to the rule of law: that is, broadly, everyone is subject to the law and no one is above it.

If the Police start departing from that fundamental principle of our constitution, then the flames will be rising to the clouds - and rightly so.

The Police cannot take the law into their own hands and breach their statutory and common law powers which they are conferred. If they are to be granted additional powers, then it is for Parliament to do so; not the Police, not us.

You forget, the Police are (a branch of) The Law. It's even their nickname.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The police here is laughable and its not their fault its all the regulations they have to obied by, most countries by now would have had the tear gas and weapons out the 2nd day....

albionite

May 20, 2009
Best put the water cannon back if everyone is going to get upset about the police using their truncheon.

Watching buildings burn to the ground, shops looted, innocent people beaten up, police struck on the head by a rock and peoples lives ruined = makes me sick
Watching some kid on a bike get hit by a policeman = karma

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Thats the whole point, you dont.

You and I have watched a 10 second clip . We don't know the facts . However ,although not being a betting man myself , those policemen were not jogging and then suddenly came across suspicious looking perps . They were running to cut them off , because they knew a lot more about them than you or I. Therefore if I was a betting man , I would bet they knew who they were chasing and why they were chasing them , and as Judge Dredd says 'Justice is served'.
I rest my case M'lud.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
As I said yesterday, why not adopt a policy of a complete curfew for under 16s between the hours of 10 PM and 6 PM ? I think once a few parents have been woken up and been forced to drag their sorry arses down to a Police Station in the small hours to take their kids home it might make a few of them try to act like parents.

Problem is, a lot of the rioters are much older than 16. A fair few have been arrested in their 40s. If you're gonna enforce a curfew, it has to be for everyone.

Whoever they were, they were told not to be out on the streets that night, for the simple reason that if they were on the streets, it would be assumed they were rioters. If they weren't rioters/looters, they should have stayed at home.

I'll get ont thing straight first. If they are rioters/looters they got everything they got as they are scum. I appreciate that the police may have good reason to know that and I have no problem with that

But are you saying that purely because they were out at the time, for whatever reason, they should be attacked with batons? They could have been out for any number of reasons apart from committing a crime. If the police will attack anyone on sight purely because they were out (not saying they actually did) then they need to publicly make that clear beforehand.

Last edited:

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Im with you on that, i just dont agree with what them coppers did at all, there is one thinking wacking rioters with asps, but beating one guy on his own is bang out of line.

How can you brandish a Supporting The Metropolitan Police logo as your avatar, and then disagree with the way they go about doing their job? I don't understand it.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
im not upset there using there asps, im upset there beating a lad that is on the floor as his fallen of his bike, if he had been involved then arrest him, wont be that hard his on the floor ffs, why then wack him multiple times with the asp, its abuse of there power.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I see some of these laws are obviously the new eu laws etc etc....so how come if you go to italy,spain,greece etc etc do you get clobbered without a fuss:wrong:

I presume is a mixture of EU laws and our own laws???

Last edited:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
im not upset there using there asps, im upset there beating a lad that is on the floor as his fallen of his bike, if he had been involved then arrest him, wont be that hard his on the floor ffs, why then wack him multiple times with the asp, its abuse of there power.

You have never seen 'Road Wars' have you. Police always do that to restriane the person, until they have cuffs on them.

PFJ

Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Best put the water cannon back if everyone is going to get upset about the police using their truncheon.

Watching buildings burn to the ground, shops looted, innocent people beaten up, police struck on the head by a rock and peoples lives ruined = makes me sick
Watching some kid on a bike get hit by a policeman = karma

Best comment on here by a mile:thumbsup:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ if we had it your way there would be no law,its because the little shite deserved it.

Talk about over protecting youths these days:glare:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
How can you brandish a Supporting The Metropolitan Police logo as your avatar, and then disagree with the way they go about doing their job? I don't understand it.

well considering it was greater Manchester police that did it, but thats not the point, there not doing there job in that video there being no worst than the thugs. Like i have said my best mates work in the met, my best mate was in Woolwich i had to stay up till 2am talking to his partner who was shitting her self. But that does not mean i want them to go in other the top.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Erm, arrest them without beating the shit out of them? What is presribed by law is 'reasonable force', clearly the video shows force which is not reasonable in the circumstance.

Where did I say that the Police should have let them go?

Someone else who thinks Utopia exists.

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

PFJ

Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I see some of these laws are obviously the new eu laws etc etc....so how come if you go to italy,spain,greece etc etc do you get clobbered without a fuss:wrong:

I presume is a mixture of EU laws and our laws???

I used to go to England away games in the eighties . In most of Europe you would get whacked for just wearing the shirt ! Spain 82 , OB not only had cattle prods , they were standing in front of tanks with their cattle prods !!!:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here