Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear police force..... Not good

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Those coppers were fully trained riot police who are experts in dealing with riots and not your average bobby.

Surely images like that will only fuel the flames?
I doubt it tbh
Couldn't get much worse...... Well unless you just let them carry on what they're doing Wich is what most of you lot are seeming to suggest

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
So what are the police supposed to do, then? This, apparently, was the group who set fire to Miss Selfridge. Do you know more about his group of people than the police on the spot do? Do you actually believe the police should have just let him go? That is precisely the attitude which has led to the country being so out of control today.

Erm, arrest them without beating the shit out of them? What is presribed by law is 'reasonable force', clearly the video shows force which is not reasonable in the circumstance.

Where did I say that the Police should have let them go?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't the police shoot looters in the USA ?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Restrain then arrest them.

One extreme to the other with these coppers.

And how are you supposed to restrain them if they are running away or won't hold still? "Ooh, sorry ossifer love, I'll stand still so you can cuff me now, innit."

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
If the thugs, thieves and arsonists want to go "warring" then they're gonna get a kicking when the opposite side get a hold of them. Pity the extendable didn't get cracked across their head a time or two.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Well first, is there any evidence these kids are rioters? Second, if the police have reasonable cause to suspect their involvement then they have the kid entirely under control, beating him with truncheon is counter productive. In this country the courts dispense punishment not the Police.

First, you have to get them to court, but before that, you have to catch them and restrain them. This is how its done, particularly when the alleged robber/arsonist is reluctant to be restrained.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
So how do you get the fuckers to court if they are lashing out then ffs !!
Ask them nicely ?
Some people really don't live in the real world.... What a joker

Sorry mate but are you serious? They have the kid, he's fallen off his bike. They arrest him get him to a cell and if they have evidence they charge him.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'd like to buy that policeman a drink.

Too f***ing right. They won't take this shit no more. Get the batons, tear gas, plastic bullets and the tanks out then we'll see how f***ing brave these rude boys are. Imagine how ther wives or husbands and kids feel every night when they're on the streets wondering if they're going to come back alive.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
[MENTION=19717]newhaven gull[/MENTION]

You seem to have something against defenders. First you whine like a girl about Brighton's and now the publics defenders.

Enjoy your safe little 'haven' (pun intended) whilst us that get caught up in it worry about what will happen to our properties, livelihoods, families, selves. But just f*** off please with your bullshit view about how they deal with this pure scum. You're as bad as them while you try to uphold their f***ing rights! Come and live in London... knob!

really you clearly are a cock, i lived in London for most my life you dick, see the area was clearly becoming a complete shithole and got out.

What has Brightons defence got to do with the police being heavy handed.

So how do you know they were rioters?

At the risk of getting involved in this too deeply, what do you think they may have been doing in that street at that time of night when the riot police were no more than 100 yards away fully kitted up and forming a line?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Got what they deserve. Can't see any problem with this.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Nothing wrong with this , our police are the tamest (sp) in the world. So they hit a few looters with a batton. Feckers deserved it and some

You and I are on totally opposite ends of the political spectrum, but I agree 100% with you. When I worked at the Home Office under Labour, we actually had decent hardline Ministers, such as Blunkett and Blears, who wanted to crack down on criminals, but were held back by liberal twits in their own party. Blears wanted to name and shame young thugs, but was prevented from doing so by people claiming it would label them, and prevent work to rehabilitate them. What a complete and utter load of nonsense. I wish we had someone like Blunkett in government now. Yes he fell from grace, but was an excellent Home Secretary.

Meanwhile, here are people on my manor cleaning up the streets, from all classes and races (this is about ten minutes from my flat). The little kiddy at the end made me melt. This is a lovely area - it may have looked rough on TV the other night, but apart from some areas the other side of the railway it is not. I thought in the wake of the riots of giving it all up and coming back full time to Sussex, but I like it too much and have loads of friends in London.

It is notable the number of young black people who have come out to condemn what happened - most are thoroughly decent people, some of whom will suffer when trying to get on.

BBC News - Clear up begins in Clapham after riot

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry mate but are you serious? They have the kid, he's fallen off his bike. They arrest him get him to a cell and if they have evidence they charge him.

I don't want to be associated with people like you, apologists for rioters/looters/arsonists. You're an embarrassment. How do they know if they are rioters? They ask them politely and when the rioter denies it (hardly likely to say 'yes officer' is he?)... ok son on you go, but don't turn left there is a full blown riot on you may not have heard about. You lilly livered liberals make me f*cking sick!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
really you clearly are a cock, i lived in London for most my life you dick, see the area was clearly becoming a complete shithole and got out.

What has Brightons defence got to do with the police being heavy handed.

You're an embarrassment, simple as.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here