Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear police force..... Not good

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Erm, arrest them without beating the shit out of them? What is presribed by law is 'reasonable force', clearly the video shows force which is not reasonable in the circumstance.

Where did I say that the Police should have let them go?

Because in order to arrest them, you have to stop them running away. If the only way to stop them running away is to disable them with the truncheon, then so be it. It's what the country has been begging for.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
if any people on here think that they can do a better job than the police are doing at the mo then your just not in this world. trying having to watch your back and your mates backs when theres a hail on bricks, poles, bollards being thrown at you. aswell as petrol bombs. try it- you'll shit yourself.

the lad shot had a loaded gun who was out looking for revenge for his cousin being killed months earlier in a gang related feud. he wasnt out delivering pizzas to earn a bit of pocket money !! he was out to get his cousins killer.

stay indoors and you wont be in the wrong place at the wrong time or face the consequences

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Only among those who do not think.

Are you thinking?

I repeat: this is a country which adheres to the rule of law: that is, broadly, everyone is subject to the law and no one is above it.

If the Police start departing from that fundamental principle of our constitution, then the flames will be rising to the clouds - and rightly so.

The Police cannot take the law into their own hands and breach their statutory and common law powers which they are conferred. If they are to be granted additional powers, then it is for Parliament to do so; not the Police, not us.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
How do you know they wern't ?

Whoever they were, they were told not to be out on the streets that night, for the simple reason that if they were on the streets, it would be assumed they were rioters. If they weren't rioters/looters, they should have stayed at home.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sorry mate but are you serious? They have the kid, he's fallen off his bike. They arrest him get him to a cell and if they have evidence they charge him.

I think you doth protest too much. The bottom line is that the majority of people are heartily sick of these yobs, What was that kid doing there ? Sight seeing ? Frankly his parents deserve a slap too. This violence has been described as mindless, it's anything but. It's planned with a view to robbing as much as they can and f***ing anything the can't. You will not get much sympathy here.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Because in order to arrest them, you have to stop them running away. If the only way to stop them running away is to disable them with the truncheon, then so be it. It's what the country has been begging for.

So, looking at the video, you think the only way to arrest them is to beat the shit out of them?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Nothing wrong with it at all, they shouldn't be looting and out at that time. They're sending out a message that they're now taking no shit at all.

This is the problem, we want more of a zero tolerance approach yet when it comes, people are like "Woah, this is a bit too much". People need to stop sitting on the fence.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I don't want to be associated with people like you, apologists for rioters/looters/arsonists. You're an embarrassment. How do they know if they are rioters? They ask them politely and when the rioter denies it (hardly likely to say 'yes officer' is he?)... ok son on you go, but don't turn left there is a full blown riot on you may not have heard about. You lilly livered liberals make me f*cking sick!
Yep exactly this !!!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
and you think these dicks on the streets THINK

I was thinking of people like you, who do not think of the consequence of letting these types of people go. Again. The Great British Public has had enough. They want these people dealt with. Now. And if this is the way to do it, so be it. Even you said you got out of London because it was a shithole. These thieving gangs have had their way for far too long.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As I said yesterday, why not adopt a policy of a complete curfew for under 16s between the hours of 10 PM and 6 PM ? I think once a few parents have been woken up and been forced to drag their sorry arses down to a Police Station in the small hours to take their kids home it might make a few of them try to act like parents.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
put yourself in the place of a copper on the streets right now , a few months ago the public wanted to hang draw and quarter the copper who shoved the guy in the back who shortly after the incident passed away.

no doubt from that day police forces were instructed to take a softly softly approach as much as they could in the case of public disorders , then overnight they are beiong told to go in hard , i would'nt want to have to do their job at the best of times let alone now .

without knowing the full extent of the video footage its hard to make any kind of rash judgement right or wrong but sooner or later innocent people will be killed for the price of a telly so i for one can understand what takes place in that video without the need to fully understand the circumstances .

its easy for us to sit and criticise others from behind the safety of keyboards but this simply has to stop and stop now .

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I was thinking of people like you, who do not think of the consequence of letting these types of people go. Again. The Great British Public has had enough. They want these people dealt with. Now. And if this is the way to do it, so be it. Even you said you got out of London because it was a shithole. These thieving gangs have had their way for far too long.

Im with you on that, i just dont agree with what them coppers did at all, there is one thinking wacking rioters with asps, but beating one guy on his own is bang out of line.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
At the risk of getting involved in this too deeply, what do you think they may have been doing in that street at that time of night when the riot police were no more than 100 yards away fully kitted up and forming a line?

Have you ever been in a riot? I have, through no fault of my own.. One minute we were driving along peacfully, the next we were in the middle of several hundred angry young men waving machetes and setting fire to buildings and anything they could get their hands on.

Do I think these kids were involved in the riots, yes probably, but I don't know they were and i dont know if they were setting fires or looting or attacking the poice or just one of the spectators that inevitably turn up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here