Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear police force..... Not good

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Here we go....... Everyone complains they don't do anything but when they do all these do gooders start complaining....

To be fair, there are more on here opposing the OPs comment than supporting it.

For the record, well done Manchest OB.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
How can you brandish a Supporting The Metropolitan Police logo as your avatar, and then disagree with the way they go about doing their job? I don't understand it.

Don't agree with this. You can support the police in their extremely difficult job without supporting their right to hit people in the street just because they suspect they're looters. Even if they knew for a fact they were looters they shouldn't have done that. All this talk about teaching them a lesson is bollocks - hitting someone doesn't teach them a lesson, it makes them angry, withdrawn and more prone to violence themselves. Criminal justice needs to include punishment but only for people properly convicted.

GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD
The little shit got what he deserved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
You forget, the Police are (a branch of) The Law. It's even their nickname.

You don't understand: the Police enforce the law based upon the powers they are legally prescribed, they do not create it, and are not allowed go beyond what they are legally entitled to do.

Do you think the Police should be allowed to depart from the rule of law?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
if they were young teenagers wouldn't you think there parents would make sure they stayed in, especially with what's been going on of late?.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Looters, rioters, arsonists in brought to justice shocker!

Couple of days ago some of you were calling for the Army and live rounds, they beat up a scumbag and it's wrong... take your liberal thoughts elsewhere.

End of rant!!
This

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
well considering it was greater Manchester police that did it, but thats not the point, there not doing there job in that video there being no worst than the thugs. Like i have said my best mates work in the met, my best mate was in Woolwich i had to stay up till 2am talking to his partner who was shitting her self. But that does not mean i want them to go in other the top.

Well, it looks like a lot of people on this thread don't think they went over the top. Just doing their job.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
If they resist arrest by running away and this is the only way, then yes.

The video clearly shows a guy (standing still, not so much as walking away let alone running) made to fall to the ground and hit with a batton several times and kicked a couple.

It also shows another guy on the floor who appears to be kicked quite hard.

I would suggest these actions were not at all necessary to make the arrests.

Here's the full YouTube video:

[yt]i1b74BdPfSQ[/yt]

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Just think you do-gooders,limp wet liberal idiots...hope your watching the Tonight programme now...if these people were to attack your house,smash and loot it, your view would be different,that kid was out to rob and cause violence,catch them take them home and take all their tellies,game boys,x boxes then trash their house and see them whine at that. Tell the student who has been in this country 4 weeks who has been beaten up and on the pretence of helping him rob his backpack that it is OK we will be nice to the rioters. It's all these do-gooders saying "Oh! you can't do that" to these scum that have let down society. I hope anyone who is caught gets a severve thrashing.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Don't agree with this. You can support the police in their extremely difficult job without supporting their right to hit people in the street just because they suspect they're looters. Even if they knew for a fact they were looters they shouldn't have done that. All this talk about teaching them a lesson is bollocks - hitting someone doesn't teach them a lesson, it makes them angry, withdrawn and more prone to violence themselves. Criminal justice needs to include punishment but only for people properly convicted.
what would you like to do give them a Cuddle? I think you'll find the vast majority of this country has had a belly full of liberal minded people like you.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Yes it does. It sends a firm message that you have to respect authority. The film A Clockwork Orange illustrates that. They couldn't make films like that these days though, could they? So how did we get to this rioting? By their parents giving them a good hiding if a fiver went missing? Yeah right. They've never been disciplined in their lives for anything.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
For what it's worth, good on you Newhaven Gull, Seagulls4Ever and others who are arguing that if you allow the Police to beat up people who are lying defenceless on the floor (no matter how much we all think they deserve it) you are going down a very dangerous path.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
f*** off giving them the benefit of the doubt. Police have had plenty of chances to steam into the groups of scum, but they have just backed off and shit it. It aint like they've been confronted by thousands of people its been smaller pockets just doin what they want and taking the piss out this nation.

Same old, same old plod...Jumping on one lad on his own.

f*** the little scroat, and f*** the old bill for melting time after time.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

Nope, completely disagree. Hitting someone DOES teach them a lesson. I'm from the generation that was brought up that way. NOT teaching someone the difference between right and wrong (using a short, sharp slap) is what makes them angry, withdrawn and more prone to violence themselves, because they have not been shown what the boundaries are. Reasoning with someone who is violent, sulky or in a dark mood has no effect. It just makes them darker and more moody. A short, sharp slap is more surprising and is more likely to make them stop what they are doing, or slow them down, and change the pattern of their actions. In the case of the police, then you can arrest them. In the case of a small child who would have run out into the road, he will remember the suddenness of the slap in relation to the danger of the road, and the cuddle which resulted from the necessity of the slap.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think Scampi is on a wind up here,either that or he hasn't got a TV and hasn't seen what's been going on.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Yes it does. It sends a firm message that you have to respect authority. The film A Clockwork Orange illustrates that. They couldn't make films like that these days though, could they? So how did we get to this rioting? By their parents giving them a good hiding if a fiver went missing? Yeah right. They've never been disciplined in their lives for anything.

You've hit the nail on the head there in your last sentence. However, as satisfying as it is to see, I'm not sure giving them a good beating will teach them to respect authority. Unfortunately, these sorts of people are beyond the stage where you can give them a quick slap on the wrist and expect them to learn the lesson next time. These people despise police and if one of their number gets beaten up by one, they will respond with more anger, and in numbers.

I'm not saying I know the answer, as I don't. But these people aren't just mischievous kids, they are scum and are past 'learning a lesson'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here