Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear police force..... Not good

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I have 2 very good friends who were there last night.

3 EDL bods turned up, they were given the benefit of the doubt for the first 3 hours, then they tried to flyer the lads there.

This didnt go down to well with the locals, they were asked to leave, one threw a pint glass and took a few digs. They then f***ed off.

Dont believe the spin that gets put on all this, NICK GRIFFIN IS A **** FOR DOING IT, AND SO ARE THE FAR LEFT.

Eltham looked after Eltham last night, the only far right had to do with it is to stick there shitty spin on it after the event.

There deluded not patriotic. f*** em.

so the video of the lads in Eltham trying to smash there way on to a bus to attack 3 black kids was a fake :/

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
i take it you lot agree with the EDL being in Eltham last night, attacking 3 black kids that were sitting on a bus.

And I take it you agree that the rioters have every right to loot,burn and kill...you are stating 3 black kids hurt...I'm stating 250 police hurt,4 killings,destroyed burnt out buildings,peoples livehoods and homes lost...there is no comparison...they want to act tough in gangs...then show them what tough means.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hahahaha the two pikeys who run into each over! brilliant, i first though a copper took a running jump and smashed one of them in full riot gear.

Glad they went in hard, these kids think they can get away with it and wont get caught... you will get caught and you will get 'Merced' have a taste of your own medicine

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The police were originally devised as a crime prevention force. That is still their primary function, so it goes without saying that they, too, should uphold the law and not go beyond what they are legally entitled to do.

However, Britain has changed since the days of Robert Peel, a time when severe punishment and even police brutality were commonplace. Nowadays, our police force must follow a code of practice, which, on the one hand, ensures they do not go beyond their remit, but which, on the other, makes it exceedingly difficult for them to work on their own initiative, based on the circumstances in which they find themselves. Because of this, they have had to be very careful in what they do, for fear of internal and external inquiries into their behaviour. Some will go the extra mile to apprehend their suspect. Others think of the brownie points they will lose.

And so it has come to this, when considerable numbers of the young people of England realise that they are more in numbers than the police, that there is very little the police can do without being brandished as racist or violent, and, that should they go to court, they are very likely to get off. Then they are free to start the whole cycle all over again.

Because of the current danger to life and limb, because livelihoods have been destroyed, because lives have been lost and because the nations' youth are out of control, the police have been instructed to use their full powers, and that includes force as a last resort. If, under the current circumstances, suspects are not brought to book, parts of the nation remain in peril. The people want this stopped. Most of them are supporting the police in this, so if a suspect looks like he may escape, a policeman doing his job may feel that to hit him with his truncheon may make it quicker and easier for him to arrest him, so that he can then do his best to prevent the hundreds more who are waiting for him, many of them armed with missiles.

But they have gone beyond what they are legally entitled to do - the video shows that.

If you think the Police should be allowed to do what the video shows them doing - then fine, that's your opinion. But currently, they're not.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars" – Martin Luther King, Jr

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
so the video of the lads in Eltham trying to smash there way on to a bus to attack 3 black kids was a fake :/

How do you know they were EDL fella?

Why did they flip at the lads on the bus?

Was it just 3 black blokes on the bus?

Or was it cos 5 youths spat out of the bus at them for being 'do gooders'?

you tell me, you seem to the score about last night.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
was just on Channel 4 news, sad thing is it took the police away from areas that needed it.
Ah ok well regardless of political stances & skin colour if they were on the rob or smashing stuff up then they deserve it, if not .... Well then they don't, I just think if you are going out to wrong people & even endanger people's lives then youve got to expect you might get hurt yourself & from me they'll get no pitty

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Should send them to Afghanistan in the Army and prove how hard they are...waste of DNA if you ask me and deserve all they get!! FACT

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
And I take it you agree that the rioters have every right to loot,burn and kill...you are stating 3 black kids hurt...I'm stating 250 police hurt,4 killings,destroyed burnt out buildings,peoples livehoods and homes lost...there is no comparison...they want to act tough in gangs...then show them what tough means.

what by beating up kids seating on a bus, yeah lets show them, people seem to be condoning violence by the police so why not the EDL. I am not defending these scum that go around rioting but im also not defending the police when they clearly overly step the line.

Its appears to be this weekend that the police are soft one min then going totally ape shit the next on a small group of kids that i guess they realised they could get one over on.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nope, completely disagree. Hitting someone DOES teach them a lesson. I'm from the generation that was brought up that way. NOT teaching someone the difference between right and wrong (using a short, sharp slap) is what makes them angry, withdrawn and more prone to violence themselves, because they have not been shown what the boundaries are. Reasoning with someone who is violent, sulky or in a dark mood has no effect. It just makes them darker and more moody. A short, sharp slap is more surprising and is more likely to make them stop what they are doing, or slow them down, and change the pattern of their actions. In the case of the police, then you can arrest them. In the case of a small child who would have run out into the road, he will remember the suddenness of the slap in relation to the danger of the road, and the cuddle which resulted from the necessity of the slap.

What generation is that your talking about then, I was bought up in the '70's and my parents never hit me, and their parents never hit them. I don't ever remember any of my friends getting hit either, and we all seem to have learnt right from wrong just fine thanks. You're obviously from a family that was brought up that way, not 'the' generation. You can have your opinion, but don't dress it up like an entire generation is in agreement with you.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Should send them to Afghanistan in the Army and prove how hard they are...waste of DNA if you ask me and deserve all they get!! FACT

What good are they gonna be in Afghanistan you f***ing lunatic?

That would help our boys wouldnt it. :rollseyes:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 s117:

117 Power of constable to use reasonable force.

Where any provision of this Act—

(a)confers a power on a constable; and

(b)does not provide that the power may only be exercised with the consent of some person, other than a police officer,

the officer may use reasonable force, if necessary, in the exercise of the power.

Whether the force in the video is reasonable is up for debate I suppose (I don't think it is). As to whether it is necessary - I do not think there can be any doubt, it was absolutely not necessary - the end result would have been exactly the same whether the force was used or not.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Enjoy your cosy Newhaven armchair commentary life buddy. I would imagine, without figures, that well over 90% of law abiding citizens from London will agree with the full force shown by the police last night, in whatever part of the country it happened. The warnings of heavy handedness were repeated throughout the day from the police and it kept the cowardly scum off the streets of London last night. The people defending their communities kept the cowardly scum off the streets of London last night. Law abiding citizens in the affected areas will be overwhelmingly happy for the police having their hands untied and allowing us to live a more normal life. It is just sad we have to read and/or listen to armchair punditry from a safe house spouting liberal views, the very people that have caused the problems we have by telling us what we can and cannot do in our lives. If anyone is to blame for the mindless thugs we now have on our streets, it is those like you [MENTION=19717]newhaven gull[/MENTION], who don't believe we can be protected with the full force of our police.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars" – Martin Luther King, Jr

I'm not sure HovaGirl is going to be a great follower of Martin Luther King! Richard Littlejohn perhaps...

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
well the fact they corner a lad on his own and beat him when his on the floor would say theres alot wrong with it.

BOLLOCKS THE POLICE SHOULD BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM, if this happened on the continent at the first bit of trouble riot police would baton charge the little shits no questions asked ... we need to follow their lead

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I have to be consistent in my views. I've been calling for a more heavy handed approach to deal with the scum that are looting our streets, so I have to say I'm quite pleased rto see this. Far from making the situation worse, I think the sight of this and the thought of getting a bit of a hiding if you get caught may just make potential looters think twice. It certainly seemed to deter looters from attacking Eltham High Street last night.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Enjoy your cosy Newhaven armchair commentary life buddy. I would imagine, without figures, that well over 90% of law abiding citizens from London will agree with the full force shown by the police last night, in whatever part of the country it happened. The warnings of heavy handedness were repeated throughout the day from the police and it kept the cowardly scum off the streets of London last night. The people defending their communities kept the cowardly scum off the streets of London last night. Law abiding citizens in the affected areas will be overwhelmingly happy for the police having their hands untied and allowing us to live a more normal life. It is just sad we have to read and/or listen to armchair punditry from a safe house spouting liberal views, the very people that have caused the problems we have by telling us what we can and cannot do in our lives. If anyone is to blame for the mindless thugs we now have on our streets, it is those like you [MENTION=19717]newhaven gull[/MENTION], who don't believe we can be protected with the full force of our police.

I am still waiting for him to answer my questions.

Mate i'm sitting here thinking how much people live in a little bubble, and comment on things with such assumption, and naivety.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Get in coppers, scroat got what he deserved. If he insisted on being in a rioting crowd, then all bets are off.

Waiting for the first hand wringing human rights lawyer to sue some shop keeper coz his client cut his leg kicking their window in!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
How do you know they were EDL fella?

Why did they flip at the lads on the bus?

Was it just 3 black blokes on the bus?

Or was it cos 5 youths spat out of the bus at them for being 'do gooders'?

you tell me, you seem to the score about last night.

yawn, like i said i see it on the news. Clear as day 3 lads sitting on the bus and these thugs in Eltham who think there doing the police a favour but actually arnt as there racist knob heads and the police had to actually be called in to police them are making a great difference.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

'us', 'we'....just wondering what group of people have elected you to be their spokesperson?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I think Newhaven Gul is forgetting that the riots have killed four people and a firewoman was threatand with a gun. Theses kids are carrying weppons. And the police do not know who has them and if they will use them. Which is why the full force of the law is being used to regain control of the streets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here