Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear police force..... Not good

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Swagger Jagger is to blame.. and simon cowell....makes sense to me.

Well, there's a new theory - it's all Cher Lloyd's fault. I suppose what this inarticulate oaf is trying to say is that this talentless X-Factor loser epitomises the money-for-nothing ethic which spurred on the looting spree. She is being portrayed in the press as a superstar and if that is done often enough, then the gullible will believe it and buy her records. Indeed, that has happened. Hers was the no 1 song during the riot season. Moreover, her rise to fame was manufactured by the redundant and equally talentless Cheryl Cole, herself manufactured in a reality TV programme. Nothingness is begetting nothingness.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
How did this help bring the riot under control. 5 policemen 1 kid is hardly a good use of police resources.

I am not suggesting they got it wrong this time. What about the next time? If yo are happy for the police to dish out beatings who is to say that they will not get the right person in the future. That is what the judiciary system is for, innocent until proven guilty.

There were 3 kids on bikes all pedalling as fast as they could on spotting the police. Some police chased the other two cyclists and the one in the video was hit with a police truncheon two-and-a-half times. Two hits and a tap. How does that make it a beating?

And as Westdene Seagull says, from the clip, we don't know what went on before. If these cyclists were completely innocent, why did they start pedalling so fast once they saw the police? Had other police seen them committing offences previous to the clip? Had the police, for example, seen them torching a building containing residential flats, or had they seen them beating someone up and robbing them? People who don't want to be caught struggle violently. Were these officers just supposed to stand by while he flailed out at them until they let him go? No, they wanted to restrain him and bring him to justice. That's what their truncheons are for. If they'd been armed, like the French or American police, he may well be dead by now. It's all relative and we don't know all the facts.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There were 3 kids on bikes all pedalling as fast as they could on spotting the police. Some police chased the other two cyclists and the one in the video was hit with a police truncheon two-and-a-half times. Two hits and a tap. How does that make it a beating?

And as Westdene Seagull says, from the clip, we don't know what went on before. If these cyclists were completely innocent, why did they start pedalling so fast once they saw the police? Had other police seen them committing offences previous to the clip? Had the police, for example, seen them torching a building containing residential flats, or had they seen them beating someone up and robbing them? People who don't want to be caught struggle violently. Were these officers just supposed to stand by while he flailed out at them until they let him go? No, they wanted to restrain him and bring him to justice. That's what their truncheons are for. If they'd been armed, like the French or American police, he may well be dead by now. It's all relative and we don't know all the facts.

Actually looks like he is about to walk off at the end of the video. So whether they were intending to detain him is up for debate, you can't really tell from that video. What you can see from that video is that the police used more force than was necessary, It looks like a few whacks with the truncheon and then putting the boot in while he is on the floor to me and he didn't look much like he was struggling violently after the first whack.

This video is one very small aspect of the situation and one that I have commented on too much, I have said all I want to say. thank you all for the discussion but i am done. See you on another thread.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
there you go Mr Shameron one of the reasons we have a broken Britain
and he is going to bring over the guy who sorted the LA riots ...stated with an incident just like this

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Oh dear hand wringer PC twat, what else were they meant to do in carrying out their duty and protecting the public and their property eh. Give 'em a £5 Mc Donald's voucher and say 'now, now''
Go bury your head in a tub of arsenic, it's great fun I hear, and don't forget to ingest deeply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here