Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear police force..... Not good

Seagull Stew

Why? It's a genuine question, albeit a made up scenario, to find out what people actually want from their police? Are you saying that people want one rule for suspected looters and another for suspected football hooligans?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why? It's a genuine question, albeit a made up scenario, to find out what people actually want from their police? Are you saying that people want one rule for suspected looters and another for suspected football hooligans?

You can make up ANY scenario to suit your argument. Stick with facts huh?

Seagull Stew

You can make up ANY scenario to suit your argument. Stick with facts huh?

Like I said, forget the clip itself, we don't know the facts from 30 seconds of shaky film. I am just trying to ascertain how people would want their police force to act in a certain situation. This is because the impression that I'm getting is that people on here want the police to adhere their own form of punishment on people who have not yet been convicted of the crime that they are being punished for. If that is the case, do they accept that such an attitude may also be taken at football matches?

Believe me, I'm not a sympathiser who is in any way defending these toerags.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Like I said, forget the clip itself, we don't know the facts from 30 seconds of shaky film. I am just trying to ascertain how people would want their police force to act in a certain situation. This is because the impression that I'm getting is that people on here want the police to adhere their own form of punishment on people who have not yet been convicted of the crime that they are being punished for. If that is the case, do they accept that such an attitude may also be taken at football matches?

I think you need to see the sort of direct action afforded to our large European neighbours like France and Spain. How English football thugs get treated when they think they can trash other countries and put this into perspective. And these countries watch our action and laugh at us, we become a laughing stock. We seem to be the only country in the world that are scared to use strong tactics against toerags that want to bring our society down. I prefer to see it like this as opposed to scenarios. I don't care how they treat these people so long as they get them off our streets and from the strong words spoken from Westminster today, cross party, they are beginning to follow the public sense of outrage. And in answer to your no.1 question, yes the law abiding citizens in the affected areas definitely want to see the strong armed tactics!

Seagull Stew

I think you need to see the sort of direct action afforded to our large European neighbours like France and Spain. How English football thugs get treated when they think they can trash other countries and put this into perspective. And these countries watch our action and laugh at us, we become a laughing stock. We seem to be the only country in the world that are scared to use strong tactics against toerags that want to bring our society down. I prefer to see it like this as opposed to scenarios. I don't care how they treat these people so long as they get them off our streets and from the strong words spoken from Westminster today, cross party, they are beginning to follow the public sense of outrage. And in answer to your no.1 question, yes the law abiding citizens in the affected areas definitely want to see the strong armed tactics!

Thank you.

No, you are wrong. The two cannot be placed in the same question.

What we have seen recently is a complete breakdown of the laws of socity as a whole within inner city areas, not isolated incidents of mindless violence between two sets of persons with alliegance to a certain football club.

I will always support the police forces of this country to have a measured and appropraite response, even if this means a couple of wrongfull beatings.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Poor Old Bill, they don't / not allowed to had out strong law and order and they get slated, next day they are allowed to have some heavy handed policing as that is what the majority of the population want to see and some liberal minded folk think it's wrong.

My opinion is that the police should have had the numbers from day one and given these looters a bloody good hiding, they dont understand law and order so play them at there own game. Humiliate the looters that's all they deserve.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.

It would appear that many people on here want the police to be above the law. Thankfully in this country it is not the case and we 'are innocent until proved guilty.' Which I hope the majority of this country still believe in....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Poor Old Bill, they don't / not allowed to had out strong law and order and they get slated, next day they are allowed to have some heavy handed policing as that is what the majority of the population want to see and some liberal minded folk think it's wrong.

Sadly the minority PC brigade always seem to have the loudest voice when they bleat about human rights. Was interesting hear Cameron in the HoC today say something like they can forget their human rights if they want to bring our society down. That is encouraging, but I'll wait to see words become actions, but it's good to see that cross party politics are actually listening to the huge majority of law abiding people now.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
If a looting thug gets a smacking...do I care...NO!
If a rioter and arsonist gets tasered..do I care...NO!
If a mob get water cannoned do I care.............NO!

If a person gets attacked and robbed..Do I care...YES!
If a family get burnt out of their house..Do I care..YES!
IF a business loses all it's stock...Do I care...........YES!

If you bleeding hearts feel sorry for these thugs...go and dry their tears and give them a pat on the back while their scummy mates rob you.

End of rant

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sadly the minority PC brigade always seem to have the loudest voice when they bleat about human rights. Was interesting hear Cameron in the HoC today say something like they can forget their human rights if they want to bring our society down. That is encouraging, but I'll wait to see words become actions, but it's good to see that cross party politics are actually listening to the huge majority of law abiding people now.

I'm not sure the "PC Brigade" have the loudest voice. It may seem that way because some people are prepared to move past the knee jerk reaction and think through the implications of what they see and is being suggested. While watching one of the little fuckers getting a slap makes us feel better. Does it actually do any good?
Does it change the behaviour of the rioters or does it give them more reasons to hate the establishment and more excuses to behave in such a way? Should it be implemented as police policy in similar or other situations and what are the implications of that?

If thinking things through makes you part of the PC Brigade then thank f*** for them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm not sure the "PC Brigade" have the loudest voice. It may seem that way because some people are prepared to move past the knee jerk reaction and think through the implications of what they see and is being suggested. While watching one of the little fuckers getting a slap makes us feel better. Does it actually do any good?
Does it change the behaviour of the rioters or does it give them more reasons to hate the establishment and more excuses to behave in such a way? Should it be implemented as police policy in similar or other situations and what are the implications of that?

If thinking things through makes you part of the PC Brigade then thank f*** for them.

I bet Geelong, Australia is a hive of unrest... I commend your feelings for the poor disaffected youth of inner city England that feel they can try to bring down society because they are bored. Try thinking of the victims, because that's precisely what i try to do.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If a looting thug gets a smacking...do I care...NO!
If a rioter and arsonist gets tasered..do I care...NO!
If a mob get water cannoned do I care.............NO!

If you bleeding hearts feel sorry for these thugs...go and dry their tears and give them a pat on the back while their scummy mates rob you.

End of rant

Is police brutality going to stop any of these things

NO.

And I don't feel sorry for these thugs. But if you listen to the people who work with them, who listen to them. ONe of the things that has caused this situation is a feeling that the government and the police are against them (the stop and search thing is ringing out through these riots). Does beating one on the floor improve this? NO

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I bet Geelong, Australia is a hive of unrest... I commend your feelings for the poor disaffected youth of inner city England that feel they can try to bring down society because they are bored. Try thinking of the victims, because that's precisely what i try to do.

how about trying to think of solution. Think of a way to stop riots like this happening again.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
how about trying to think of solution. Think of a way to stop riots like this happening again.

That is exactly what our MP's discussed in Westminster today and fortunately they are on our side, not yours. Once we see action from the words we shall hopefully see a gradual change from the thuggery in this country. The MP's have basically listened to the law abiding citizens of this land of ours and have decided the best way to rid our society of this scum is to face them head on. That, by the way, is cross party, not as you'd like to believe and in your words the 'tory right'. We have had enough of you pc people defending criminals. We were told human rights will not come into play anymore for the liberal faction supporting these thugs. I guess it'll be bleat time for those that see nothing wrong with our society trying be brought down by bored thugs. I'll enjoy watching it, you probably won't.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Is police brutality going to stop any of these things

NO.

And I don't feel sorry for these thugs. But if you listen to the people who work with them, who listen to them. ONe of the things that has caused this situation is a feeling that the government and the police are against them (the stop and search thing is ringing out through these riots). Does beating one on the floor improve this? NO
The people who work with these drugged up thugs are do-gooders trying to justify their existance,if they did'nt do these things then the police would,nt be against them,the rioters alienate all decent people and authority and as for the government,it was not a protest against them...did you see any anti government banners...no! You worry about a thug getting a beating...what about 250 police sent to hospital,what about the people who lost everything,people having to jump out of burning buildings...I find your sympathy for a thug very strange. The thing that caused this was tweets by gang leaders,causing a riot so they can loot to satisfy their greed,lack of discipline from parents...wonder how many of them will shout about their human tights...what about the victims human rights?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That is exactly what our MP's discussed in Westminster today and fortunately they are on our side, not yours. Once we see action from the words we shall hopefully see a gradual change from the thuggery in this country. The MP's have basically listened to the law abiding citizens of this land of ours and have decided the best way to rid our society of this scum is to face them head on. That, by the way, is cross party, not as you'd like to believe and in your words the 'tory right'. We have had enough of you pc people defending criminals. We were told human rights will not come into play anymore for the liberal faction supporting these thugs. I guess it'll be bleat time for those that see nothing wrong with our society trying be brought down by bored thugs. I'll enjoy watching it, you probably won't.

They are on nobody's side but their own.

If they ignore the reasons behind these riots then they will occur again.

Was police brutality, beating people with sticks something that was discussed to bring about this gradual change?

You mentioned Geelong, Australia. well as i am sure you are aware there is a lot of people struggling in Geelong, there are also many benefit scroungers who are too lazy to work. BUT there is also access to apprenticeships and meaningful work that has a clear career path. Does everyone choose to take it? no, but it is their as a viable choice for young people. Will we have riots as seen in London? No because the frustration and resentment are not so prevalent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here