Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear police force..... Not good

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The people who work with these drugged up thugs are do-gooders trying to justify their existance,if they did'nt do these things then the police would,nt be against them,the rioters alienate all decent people and authority and as for the government,it was not a protest against them...did you see any anti government banners...no! You worry about a thug getting a beating...what about 250 police sent to hospital,what about the people who lost everything,people having to jump out of burning buildings...I find your sympathy for a thug very strange. The thing that caused this was tweets by gang leaders,causing a riot so they can loot to satisfy their greed,lack of discipline from parents...wonder how many of them will shout about their human tights...what about the victims human rights?

Saw this on the news did you?

i don't worry about a thug getting beaten but i do worry about the effects of a thug getting beaten. Remember what happened when a criminal got shot?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They are on nobody's side but their own.

If they ignore the reasons behind these riots then they will occur again.

Was police brutality, beating people with sticks something that was discussed to bring about this gradual change?

You mentioned Geelong, Australia. well as i am sure you are aware there is a lot of people struggling in Geelong, there are also many benefit scroungers who are too lazy to work. BUT there is also access to apprenticeships and meaningful work that has a clear career path. Does everyone choose to take it? no, but it is their as a viable choice for young people. Will we have riots as seen in London? No because the frustration and resentment are not so prevalent.

Oh dear, paranoia has set in, a typical trait of a pc'er, it'll be abuse against me next.

I have no idea about Geelong, it is half a world away, but I don't stick my nose into their politics, mandates or policing, I wouldn't want to be told to mind my own business and/or I don't know what I'm talking about.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes.. we must look at the deeper problems that have led such a hard core of young people to decide to carry out such criminality.

We already know, it is the lefty liberal types poking there noses into every aspect of our society. Parents cannot discipline their kids, teachers cannot discipline the kids, police are to afraid to go anywhere near them. I sincerely hope this is a new dawn where kids are taught to respect what they have around them. Not rip it up at the expense of people that do respect their surroundings. And may i just add, although the majority of those causing havoc in our country this week were kids, they are still a minority of the youth that should still be respected for going about their lives in a decent and proper way. This was pure thuggery, that's all you need to learn.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I would normally be horrified at this kind of police brutality.

But in this instance,.. I can't bring myself to care. In fact I'm pleased that at least one of these thugs has got a kicking.

As well as the 186 Metropolitan police officers who were injured during the looting spree.

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
We already know, it is the lefty liberal types poking there noses into every aspect of our society. Parents cannot discipline their kids, teachers cannot discipline the kids, police are to afraid to go anywhere near them. I sincerely hope this is a new dawn where kids are taught to respect what they have around them. Not rip it up at the expense of people that do respect their surroundings. And may i just add, although the majority of those causing havoc in our country this week were kids, they are still a minority of the youth that should still be respected for going about their lives in a decent and proper way. This was pure thuggery, that's all you need to learn.

What do you define as liberal here? Liberal Democrats? Or 'favorable to progress or reform'? Or have you altered the meaning of this word?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh dear, paranoia has set in, a typical trait of a pc'er, it'll be abuse against me next.

I have no idea about Geelong, it is half a world away, but I don't stick my nose into their politics, mandates or policing, I wouldn't want to be told to mind my own business and/or I don't know what I'm talking about.

Where i live doesn't stop me from having an opinion about what is going on in communities where i have friends and relatives.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What do you define as liberal here? Liberal Democrats? Or 'favorable to progress or reform'? Or have you altered the meaning of this word?

You make your own mind up mate... pedantic and patronising, an ever growing list of affections.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
London Blue, I have read this thread right through. You have many valid points, put across succinctly and to the point and I certainly agree on a lot of what you say. However I feel a complete knee jerk reaction is taking place. Full force of the law and strong justice?, I agree. 'Lefty liberal types poking their noses in' and therefore cast as irrelevant opinion, no! You have that wrong, without discussion, disection and understanding of incidents you only have a government who shares the same princibles as the rioters and vigilantes!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well to be fair to me, if I can, I didn't even mention the PC brigade until this was posted on another thread earlier this night...

Anyone attempting to explain the reasons behind things is branded a whooly liberal. Asking question and listening to what people have to say is apparently handwringing. That said it is (imho) preferable to knee jerk reaction which is the branding of the tory right.

So it prompted me to be justified in believing (which I do but have tried to sidestep) that the PC lot feel they are aggrieved by those of us that disagree.

This is NOT Government, if you watched the full three hour debate in the Commons today, this was cross party resolution. This was MP's from all denominations LISTENING to the voters. They have been out on the streets and seen how sick to death we are of this lawlessness. So I guess you can call all of us that are resolute behind ridding our streets of thugs as bad as them, so be it... I'm not ashamed to see the full force of the law on top of the scum element in our country.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
London Blue, neither am I. We all want to see hard policing and hard justice. I think what a lot of people are saying (& if you like, the so called 'lefties') is that we not only accept that a hard sentance needs to be imposed but, that a sound rational, intelligent discussion take place about the causes.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Saw this on the news did you?

i don't worry about a thug getting beaten but i do worry about the effects of a thug getting beaten. Remember what happened when a criminal got shot?
You are still going on about a thug getting a beating but at no time have you stood up for the victims of this carnage...I'm sure your bleeding heart is well appreciated by the little thug.."Look I've got street cred" .it's people like you that gives these thugs licence...as much as I disagree with your view you are entitled to your view but I hope you never end up as a victim of this feral youth.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
London Blue, neither am I. We all want to see hard policing and hard justice. I think what a lot of people are saying (& if you like, the so called 'lefties') is that we not only accept that a hard sentance needs to be imposed but, that a sound rational, intelligent discussion take place about the causes.

I'm just listening to QT on the Beeb and it seems the majority, so far, are saying the same as the majority on this thread. Police the streets with discretion. I don't mean police them 24/7 365 days a year with a rod of force, I mean at times of heightened violence.

I support the victims and not the perpetrators.

I believe I will have a cross party mandate to support in the near future and I will back it 100% so long as they are not talking the talk and walk the walk. And as far as I'm concerned, if it is backed by those voted in by the electorate, this is the law of our land. I make no apologies for that.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
You are still going on about a thug getting a beating but at no time have you stood up for the victims of this carnage...I'm sure your bleeding heart is well appreciated by the little thug.."Look I've got street cred" .it's people like you that gives these thugs licence...as much as I disagree with your view you are entitled to your view but I hope you never end up as a victim of this feral youth.

Seagull on wing, maybe you are missing the overall point of Bad Fish's post. we all want to see robust police and justice agreed but, discussion and 'rationalle' of incidents and reasons for causes do need to be addressed.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
London Blue, forgive me because I am a passionate historian. I remember researching what the sugar plantation owners said when the abolition of the slave trade was trying to be repealed here in England. The objectors voiced their concerns in this manner.
'And as far as I'm concerned, if it is backed by those voted in by the electorate, this is the law of our land. I make no apologies for that.'
Hmmmm

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
London Blue, forgive me because I am a passionate historian. I remember researching what the sugar plantation owners said when the abolition of the slave trade was trying to be repealed here in England. The objectors voiced their concerns in this manner.
'And as far as I'm concerned, if it is backed by those voted in by the electorate, this is the law of our land. I make no apologies for that.'
Hmmmm

The world has changed immensely in the past 120 years, I cannot comment.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The world has changed immensely in the past 120 years, I cannot comment.

Why not?, should not the lessons of the past not be a useful guide to how we should be progressing? Or do you see fit to repeat the mantra and mistakes of the past?, just wondering not attacking.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why not?, should not the lessons of the past not be a useful guide to how we should be progressing? Or do you see fit to repeat the mantra and mistakes of the past?, just wondering not attacking.

You have just given me a subject i know nothing about, I am not hypocritical enough to comment on something that may or may not be true, or that i know nothing about, sorry that is not my argument. But as far as I am concerned, in a democratic country if you believe in the majority (or minority) that is my civil right. And anyway instead of just quoting snippets, comment on the whole post. It is far to easy to try and catch someone out on something they have already admitted to knowing nothing about. I will not comment on something I have little knowledge about. Simple as that.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Hmmmm
Hi Rivet,Badfish has gone on about this feral youth getting a beating as if it's the biggest crime of the century,if the youth had not been out there looting then he would not be in trouble,at no time has he shown any concern for the victims. As you rightly say,"And as far as I'm concerned,if it's backed by those voted in by the electorate,this is the law of the land." Is not rioting,looting,arson,killing, breaking the law of the land?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here