Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear police force..... Not good

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Cheers Tezz, we'll chat soon, wife says to get some clothes off so have to go! All the best mate, maybe see you at the ground one day who knows......lol

Cheer Rivet thanks for giving us some insight.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Agreed, but the link to the topic is...how does battering this kid help? Well i guess it makes the eye for an eye, retribution brigade fell a bit better (but lets face it one kid out of thousands up and down the country is hardly justice). But it also fuels the resentment and hatred of the police along with the feeling that they are the enemy (lets not forget the spark of these riots). That kid is hardly going to repent his sins with each blow of the truncheon.

Even more so though looking at the video there are five police around this kid while he gets whacked. Surely their time would be better spent apprehending the kid then finding others to apprehend (which is surely their job) rather than taking the time to dish out their own justice for which we have a judiciary system as inadequate and ineffective as it is. I think those in charge of keeping law and order have to be seen to be doing the right thing otherwise once again resentment and anger of the authorities is justified and reinforced.

I can agree to a certain extent. I was apprehended after an 8 mile police chase, knocking a policeman off his motorcycle and breaking his leg, I was half way across a corn field, helicopters buzzing when a fit cop running in my 'field wake' caught me. I was brutalised, punched, kicked and verbally abused, the handcuffs actually caused cuts they were so tight and the police put pressure on those hancuffs the whole 13 miles back to the nick. I was bleeding so bad they had to call a doctor! Was I angry then, hell yes, 25yrs later after learning my lesson, no I dont blame those coppers then. They did what my parents failed to do. Truth

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I agree. I also think it is worth considering whether we at that age would have been involved in these riots? I would not have been looting but I think I would have been there (maybe not all the way to London when there was a bong to be smoked)
Good point & if you decide at that age you would have got involved then do you think (looking back in hindsight) you would have deserved a bit of whack in the legs to calm you down because I can't claim to have been beaten by the police but Definetly given the odd dig & kick..... Now do I think I deserved it ?
Yes I did 100%

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Good point & if you decide at that age you would have got involved then do you think (looking back in hindsight) you would have deserved a bit of whack in the legs to calm you down because I can't claim to have been beaten by the police but Definetly given the odd dig & kick..... Now do I think I deserved it ?
Yes I did 100%

It that situation yes (depending what i was doing). I have felt the whack of a baton twice once while peacefully demonstrating at the live exports thing (also watched a girl get punched in the face for asking a copper why his number was covered up)

The other was on the way to Selhurst (5-0 and you can't go home) I was walking with my mates have a bit of a sing and a bit of a laugh when I felt the baton across the small of my back (f*** it hurt!). did i deserve that? no, i have never been involved in football violence and certainly was doing nothing wrong at that time. Ironically the lady copper who asked me to stop pissing up against Selhurst was very polite!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I can agree to a certain extent. I was apprehended after an 8 mile police chase, knocking a policeman off his motorcycle and breaking his leg, I was half way across a corn field, helicopters buzzing when a fit cop running in my 'field wake' caught me. I was brutalised, punched, kicked and verbally abused, the handcuffs actually caused cuts they were so tight and the police put pressure on those hancuffs the whole 13 miles back to the nick. I was bleeding so bad they had to call a doctor! Was I angry then, hell yes, 25yrs later after learning my lesson, no I dont blame those coppers then. They did what my parents failed to do. Truth

The point is that it took you to learn your lesson through the courts and prison system and your experience with the old lady. Did what the police did help to reform you or did it just make them feel better because of all the agro you caused them?

Wasn't going to reply but saw you were still online.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The point is that it took you to learn your lesson through the courts and prison system and your experience with the old lady. Did what the police did help to reform you or did it just make them feel better because of all the agro you caused them?

Wasn't going to reply but saw you were still online.

Oh BadFish you really are getting my wife frustrated..........:))) I was never reformed by police or prisons or any sort of authority BEFORE I got into trouble, after I got into trouble being in prison wasn't so much of a penalty, other than you couldn't *** the g/f or wife, or have a beer. I am ashamed to say that I had 5 sentences, I guess thats proof the 'system' is crap, I guess I had an epithany and I am so glad for it, although I am still not an angel, just law abiding.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
It that situation yes (depending what i was doing). I have felt the whack of a baton twice once while peacefully demonstrating at the live exports thing (also watched a girl get punched in the face for asking a copper why his number was covered up)

The other was on the way to Selhurst (5-0 and you can't go home) I was walking with my mates have a bit of a sing and a bit of a laugh when I felt the baton across the small of my back (f*** it hurt!). did i deserve that? no, i have never been involved in football violence and certainly was doing nothing wrong at that time. Ironically the lady copper who asked me to stop pissing up against Selhurst was very polite!

No it dont sound like you deserved it at all & neither did the girl who was punched if that's all she did.
I think you misunderstood my question though, you said we should consider if we were are younger selves (youths) then would we have gotten involved in the riot, my question was, if your answer to that was yes then looking back at the age you are now, do you think you would have deserved a whack on the leg to calm you down ?
If I was looting shops and being an arse I most certainly think I would have deserved it

I'm not saying you deserved any violence you've experienced at the hand of the police

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh BadFish you really are getting my wife frustrated..........:))) I was never reformed by police or prisons or any sort of authority BEFORE I got into trouble, after I got into trouble being in prison wasn't so much of a penalty, other than you couldn't *** the g/f or wife, or have a beer. I am ashamed to say that I had 5 sentences, I guess thats proof the 'system' is crap, I guess I had an epithany and I am so glad for it, although I am still not an angel, just law abiding.

Fair play rivet have some rep I have things to do. Nice talking with you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No it dont sound like you deserved it at all & neither did the girl who was punched if that's all she did.
I think you misunderstood my question though, you said we should consider if we were are younger selves (youths) then would we have gotten involved in the riot, my question was, if your answer to that was yes then looking back at the age you are now, do you think you would have deserved a whack on the leg to calm you down ?
If I was looting shops and being an arse I most certainly think I would have deserved it

I think i would have deserved it, i think that lad that got whacked probably deserved it. What i am questioning is whether it actually does any good, just deserving a punishment doesn't make that punishment have the desired effect.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I think i would have deserved it, i think that lad that got whacked probably deserved it. What i am questioning is whether it actually does any good, just deserving a punishment doesn't make that punishment have the desired effect.
Ah ok
They wernt heavy handed in London though & look what happened
Plus I bet that little shit didn't cause anymore agro after that

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
"Newhaven Gull" You Sir are a Plum! Ive spent 4 nights dealing with these f***ing twats and am rightly pissed off for missing the Gillingham Game. If these bunch of pricks were in your street would you have the same view! Get a f***ing life, You have failed to show the other hundreds of videos of Police having all sorts of shit thrown at them for hours on end! If you like i'll take you on my next public order training and see if you have the same view afterwards! Just because they look young don't mean they don't have the ability to seriously hurt you! What a tool...................................................... Awaiting the O/B comeback?

And cheers for the overtime..................................................

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
"Newhaven Gull" You Sir are a Plum! Ive spent 4 nights dealing with these f***ing twats and am rightly pissed off for missing the Gillingham Game. If these bunch of pricks were in your street would you have the same view! Get a f***ing life, You have failed to show the other hundreds of videos of Police having all sorts of shit thrown at them for hours on end! If you like i'll take you on my next public order training and see if you have the same view afterwards! Just because they look young don't mean they don't have the ability to seriously hurt you! What a tool...................................................... Awaiting the O/B comeback?

Fair play.

He called me racist because i backed the action from the locals, he does seem to forget that i supported the turks that were out 50 handed, and the sikh community out in force.

Glad you are ok.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009

Genuine question, and hoping not to restart the binfest... As a professional, does the level of force used in this particular piece of footage fall within the definition of 'reasonable'?

To me, it looks like a guy lying on the floor was beaten repeatedly and unnecessarily; I think it goes beyond enforcing the law and into dishing out summary punishment which is not the job of the police. But obviously I'm not directly involved in policing this and do not have detailed knowledge of this individual case.

To emphasise, I have no doubt that the vast majority of police have behaved admirably in the face of extreme provocation. I also have sympathy with the view that sometimes robust policing is needed in these circumstances. But I'm just asking about this particular example, and whether in your professional view it's acceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here