Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Murray signs for palace

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He fully deserved the abuse at Brentford.

Absolutely, the witty fans who had been singing 'ditch the bitch' and 'she's a northern slag' about the break up of his relationship during the game must have warmed the cockles of his heart.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Absolutely, the witty fans who had been singing 'ditch the bitch' and 'she's a northern slag' about the break up of his relationship during the game must have warmed the cockles of his heart.

Funny how people forget this isn't it ? Personally I was surprised that he was so polite about the fans, although most of us didn't approve of the above behaviour the fact that some did (and judging by some recent posts, still do) makes it not hard to see why he wasn't bothered about leaving.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Maybe they have realised that they can't afford what they think he's worth, or maybe they've realised there are other options with youth or Championship football on their side.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Exactly, I think a lot of people haven't grasped the meaning of the word 'Professional'. What it means is that you get paid for what you do. Murray knew that he would not be likely to be part of a team in the Premiership. He served out his contract and then went looking for the best pay day he could. At his age there won't be many more. Nobody would be that bothered had he not spoken to Palace but at the end of the day all he's doing is exactly what anybody else would do, get the best money he could for a job that won't last that much longer. He's not even confirmed that he's signed for Palace in any case. To be honest I too think that Gus got the best out of him.

He's gone now, get over it.

This. Loyalty in football is very rare these days since Bosman etc.... Hart and Kuipers aside (and I don't recall too many teams coming in for them when their contracts were close to expiry), players do not have the same degree of loyalty as the fans.

I'll support whoever plays for Brighton.....

I am sorry Murray is gone, but that is about it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
For me the worse thing about all this is the Palace factor. For 20 years they have been top dogs over us (bar the victory at selhurst). This season it was heralded as the time we will come of age and finally get ahead of them again. New stadium , level playing field etc..........and then the fuckers (in their eyes) nick our best player and pretty much upset most the fans.

For anyone that cares about the rivalry this IS a kick in the teeth. Bastards

Longer term then we will be ok.

This anger about the Palace thing could of been prevented by Glenn which may or may not of been a realistic option , but for that fact he is going to cop it and so he should.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Exactly, I think a lot of people haven't grasped the meaning of the word 'Professional'. What it means is that you get paid for what you do. Murray knew that he would not be likely to be part of a team in the Premiership. He served out his contract and then went looking for the best pay day he could. At his age there won't be many more. Nobody would be that bothered had he not spoken to Palace but at the end of the day all he's doing is exactly what anybody else would do, get the best money he could for a job that won't last that much longer. He's not even confirmed that he's signed for Palace in any case. To be honest I too think that Gus got the best out of him.

He's gone now, get over it.
He saw out his contract because nobody wanted him after he handed in his transfer requests:D

Injury prone for 2 1/2 years and a weird atittude,but had a superb season strangly last season just before his contract expired:annoyed:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This anger about the Palace thing could of been prevented by Glenn which may or may not of been a realistic option , but for that fact he is going to cop it and so he should.

He has not been confirmed as signing for them. On the plus side, if he doesn't sign for Palace their gobby fans will spend a long time wiping the egg off their faces.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
This. Loyalty in football is very rare these days since Bosman etc.... Hart and Kuipers aside (and I don't recall too many teams coming in for them when their contracts were close to expiry), players do not have the same degree of loyalty as the fans.

I'll support whoever plays for Brighton.....

I am sorry Murray is gone, but that is about it.
Just sums it up nicely...but now he has gone I'm a little concerned that we have no height in the forwards,will GM be replaced by a good header of the ball who is OVER 6',suppose we will have to trust in Gus on this one.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
We don't need a Hoskins type player, especially as he was tripe in the Championship for Watford. Murray will be a perfect foil for our academy sprint merchants!

Hope his hernia flairs up or he "can't settle" as he is a sulky little sh*t. This seasons success in a very good POYET side raised his profile enough to get him his "money" move... I hope you see the real side to Murray :lol:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Its clear from all this that Bloom is being relatively tight with the money he has earmarked for this season and wont spend it on all and sundry just to get or keep any player, muzza is a good player, but the fact the club wouldnt be held to ransom on his wage demands is great for the long term future of the club from a financial point of view, palace may be above us in the league at various points of the coming seasons but at least we can say that every player, every tax bill, every other bill has been paid and we wont be going into administration to give us a false clean start, unlike some!

The consequence of this may be that on the pitch, we may not be as good as we want to be or even as gus and tony would like us to be, but we wont ever make the mistake of spending money we havent got and basically cheating.

If tony seriously wants us to be challenging for a playoff place he may/will have to find some extra pennies in the seasons ahead for us to achieve that, but if/when he does, we can be sure it will be money we can afford to spend. If we cant afford it, we wont spend it.

I spoke to a palace fan recently who knows a good few of their players to talk to and he is confident they are gonna have a much better season this time and this was without buying muzza, i think theyre trying to sign some premiership player at the mo, he reckons they have some really good youth players coming through too and that the new owners have money to spend.

This is all great for them, but what is different and could be a serious long term problem for them is they can get 1 adult and 1 teenage kids season ticket for just £550 in total and theyve only sold 7,000 so far, prob end up with 9-10,000 with average gates of say 15-17k, but if they are prepared to pay the amounts of wages and signing on fees they are reported to be doing, the money must be coming from the owners pockets and not their annual income, because it doesnt add up otherwise.

This is all fine all the time the owners keep digging in to those pockets which always get deeper as you progress, but if they stop for whatever reason the club is f***ed again. At least theres no chance of that happening with us and this is the real point of all this stuff with muzza.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is all fine all the time the owners keep digging in to those pockets which always get deeper as you progress, but if they stop for whatever reason the club is f***ed again. At least theres no chance of that happening with us and this is the real point of all this stuff with muzza.

I think TB is right to have a wage cap at the Albion, and Palace are taking a calculated gamble if they sign, Muzza, but no more than we have with Hoskins. If Palace hold onto their decent players they will probably have a good season, whether we like the thought of that or not.

What we should be asking if what happens if TB decides he wants back his £91m for stadium, and £15m for the training facilities, plus bankrolling the operating losses we have endured since moving to Withers.

It's not quite as black and white as we'd like it to be.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We can only compete to a level-last season we had the 5th highest playing budget? all based on 6,000 averages no doubt & a touch extra.

This season we will have a mid table budget? all based on an average of(who knows)& a bit extra.

Even with Falmer we can't expect to compete top end straight away,but as revenue streams increase from off field activities and kick in say 2 years from now,then we can expect to genuinely compete.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
sort of source.... but he wanted 10k and the most was offered here was 7.5k

Does not mean(and all is mere speculation)that we could not afford 10k-just the clubs valuation i suspect-

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Rat in a drain ditch, caught on a limb, you know better but I know him.
Like I told you, what I said, Steal your face right off your head.

Now he's gone, now he's gone, Lord he's gone, he's gone.
Like a steam locomotive, rollin' down the track
He's gone, gone, nothin's gonna bring him back...He's gone.

Nine mile skid on a ten mile ride, hot as a pistol but cool inside.
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Now he's gone, now he's gone Lord he's gone, he's gone.

Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.
Lost one round but the price wasn't anything,
A knife in the back and more of the same.

Same old, rat in a drain ditch, caught on a limb,
You know better but I know him.
Like I told you, what I said,
Steal your face right off your head.

Now he's gone, now he's gone Lord he's gone, he's gone.

Ooh, nothin's gonna bring him back.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Does not mean(and all is mere speculation)that we could not afford 10k-just the clubs valuation i suspect-

Don't think it's suspect, I think that much has been confirmed by the club, he would not accept the offer made to him, nothing to do with how much we can afford. In reality I imagine we can afford far, far more than he was asking (thinking about the Chairmans wealth) but if he and Gus think he is not worth it, and someone else is worth the big money, then it's tough luck for Glenn.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Last big contract, Palace have given him what he wants I would guess...whats the issue?

Have faith in Poyet....Albion will be still here in 20 years...where will Murray be?

Ahhhh the smell of common sense

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here