Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Murray signs for palace

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Exactly this. What on earth could the Palace owners offer him during negotiations? Playing for a top manager? No. Playing with better players? No. Playing in a decent stadium? No. Playing in front of bigger crowds? No. Oh... must just be the better wages then. No self respect and no ambition, just greed. Muzza, you are going to regret this one, your loss.

I'm not a Queen fan but the playing of "Under Pressure" prior to Palace at Home seems appropriate

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
its like west street on this thread!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
there giving it the large calling us faggots etc....its the only abuse there tiny brains under stand

You want to be careful though Vulture, as some of them Palace lads like ArdPalace are well Ard..... I think I'm to scared to go to Selhurst :D

:tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to my sources (aka various NSC members who "have reliable sources")

We were offering him 3.5k per week, 6K, 8k and 10k

Palace were offering him 6K 8K, 12K and most recently 15K.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Palace have been ripped off. 15k a week :lol::lol::lol:
We where only paying 3.5k a week
Incorrect. Nowhere near 15k a week.

The wages being paid are not a huge amount above what was offered by Millwall or yourselves. Our Signing fee was more than Millwall's and Brighton disagreed with paying a Signing-On fee for a player that was already yours.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The biggest risk for Palace is Murray's mentality. If he does not get off to a good start and starts to think he is going to get found out at that level, he could go off on a big sulk. Frankly he is dour northern git and his mood will be compounded if he finds himself dropped to the bench and not starting games.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
The biggest risk for Palace is Murray's mentality. If he does not get off to a good start and starts to think he is going to get found out at that level, he could go off on a big sulk. Frankly he is dour northern git and his mood will be compounded if he finds himself dropped to the bench and not starting games.
We suffered a season of that with Alan Lee. We dealt with that by letting him travel in from Ipswich and it worked wonders for his mood and confidence. And now he's become a Chuck Norris superhero-type.

But, different manager now, so we'll see. There were very few strikers I would have wanted out of League One, and Murray was one of them so i'm delighted. Will be interested to see how Hoskins does with you. We were the front-runners, but pulled out late in the week when Murray agreed provisionally to sign.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We suffered a season of that with Alan Lee. We dealt with that by letting him travel in from Ipswich and it worked wonders for his mood and confidence. And now he's become a Chuck Norris superhero-type.

But, different manager now, so we'll see. There were very few strikers I would have wanted out of League One, and Murray was one of them so i'm delighted. Will be interested to see how Hoskins does with you. We were the front-runners, but pulled out late in the week when Murray agreed provisionally to sign.

That Paul is Bullshit..... We have tried to sign him twice already in the last season and the player has made it clear all along the ONLY club he wanted to join was Brighton.

But if it helps you, then fire away with a few more bullshits

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hoskins who wanted to leave Rovers as soon as we came in with more money but couldn't (no replacement) then left at the earliest chance? :jester:

That's a very silly comparison to try and make. Rovers have just been relegated-we've just been crowned as Champions. The two moves couldn't be more different. The Albion offer a much better career path to those that want to be an instrumental part of moving the club forward. Hoskins can see that-Murray clearly doesn't. Thanks for the goals Murray but I hope you have a miserable three years in Croydon-I wonder if you'll put in 2 transfer demands whilst there?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Front runners to sign Hoskins and you have no money for transfer fees?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here