Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Murray signs for palace

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
That Paul is Bullshit..... We have tried to sign him twice already in the last season and the player has made it clear all along the ONLY club he wanted to join was Brighton.

But if it helps you, then fire away with a few more bullshits

This. Hoskins was a done deal a long time ago.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
That Paul is Bullshit..... We have tried to sign him twice already in the last season and the player has made it clear all along the ONLY club he wanted to join was Brighton.

But if it helps you, then fire away with a few more bullshits

Be realistic mate. I take any statement from a footballer with a pinch of salt. They will say things that you want to hear.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
We suffered a season of that with Alan Lee. We dealt with that by letting him travel in from Ipswich and it worked wonders for his mood and confidence. And now he's become a Chuck Norris superhero-type.

But, different manager now, so we'll see. There were very few strikers I would have wanted out of League One, and Murray was one of them so i'm delighted. Will be interested to see how Hoskins does with you. We were the front-runners, but pulled out late in the week when Murray agreed provisionally to sign.

Dont be stupid. Here's a couple of quotes from the lad himself to start you off on how wrong you are:

"As soon as I knew the club were interested I really did have my heart set on moving to Brighton.

"Normally players and clubs hold out on transfers like this, making it a waiting game, but as soon I became aware that Brighton were interested I just wanted it all done and thankfully Brighton did as well.

"I played against the team last season and I could see why they were going to win the League One title, and why they are going to move on to bigger and better things."

"You realise there is a real aura about this team and that's something I was really impressed with."

Not forgetting he'd packed his bags ready to come to us in March but Rovers couldnt get a replacement. And supposedly we're the ones getting too big for our boots!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yes mate, i will be up for it, though being an away member only i think i've got NO CHANCE :down: Won't stop me trying though.

Hopefully will have better luck with games in east mids and north.
What a shitter mate. No Palace/Pompey or Hammers for you then.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What a shitter mate. No Palace/Pompey or Hammers for you then.

I want to go to all those games... but if push came to shove I would sacrifice Pompey, West Ham and even Saints away just to be guaranteed a ticket to Palace.

Sep 1, 2010
Still, The local rag seem dodgy.........Sicko's

news.png

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
That is spot on. Brentford away season before last he stropped off without acknowledging us. Every other player and Russell Slade were applauding. Let him go to shite stripes and have his payday with a club in difficulties.

And the mountain made out of that molehill might well be part of why he felt no loyalty towards the fans and to the club as a result. - He got abuse for most of his stay with us so why would he want to stay with such fickle fans who would most likely turn on him again if he struggled next season?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Likewise faggot, at least our players are not deserting a sinking ship to their closest rivals.
Yep, in all the years I've supported Brighton, this is the one where I feel our ship is sinking. It's a tough time to be a Brighton fan.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Palace to get relegated and go bankrupt in 2012? Go down the bookies.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
And the mountain made out of that molehill might well be part of why he felt no loyalty towards the fans and to the club as a result. - He got abuse for most of his stay with us so why would he want to stay with such fickle fans who would most likely turn on him again if he struggled next season?

He fully deserved the abuse at Brentford.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think Murray had realised we weren't that keen on him as fans, because even once he had finally settled down south and started playing really well he was merely respected, not loved. He has a chance at Palace to become a real hero, perhaps legend, if he keeps playing as well as we know he can - and for that reason I think this is a great move for him.

So no, I don't think its just about the money.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Murray signed a three year deal, saw it out and scored a goal every two games through out. Upon the expiration of his deal he decided to move on. Personally, I don't see an issue with this.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure he ever really took to us as a club or fans, maybe that's just his character, be interesting to see if he's the same at Palace. I'm disappointed he has gone to Palace as Gus did seem to be able to motivate him and turn him into a team player but Gus seems happy enough for him to move on. We are gonna miss his defensive capabilities even if we replace him with a better forward. I don't think I've even see a Brighton forward better in the air, although bizarrely not when it came to goal scoring.

One thing he has definitely done is ramp up what many younger fans considered to be a weird rivalry with Palace.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Murray signed a three year deal, saw it out and scored a goal every two games through out. Upon the expiration of his deal he decided to move on. Personally, I don't see an issue with this.

Exactly, I think a lot of people haven't grasped the meaning of the word 'Professional'. What it means is that you get paid for what you do. Murray knew that he would not be likely to be part of a team in the Premiership. He served out his contract and then went looking for the best pay day he could. At his age there won't be many more. Nobody would be that bothered had he not spoken to Palace but at the end of the day all he's doing is exactly what anybody else would do, get the best money he could for a job that won't last that much longer. He's not even confirmed that he's signed for Palace in any case. To be honest I too think that Gus got the best out of him.

He's gone now, get over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here