Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Murray signs for palace

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Sad sad thread from start to finish.....ignorant petty jealousies from fans too young to know any better....those that have got swept up in the artificially created rivalry between Brighton and Palace. For seventy years Brighton had no natural rivals...50 miles from the nearest league club. Pompey had Southampton to worry about and Palace had Millwall. Brighton were like Carlisle..absolute neutrality, all on their own. But in the angry and violent 70's the new young and aggressive Brighton fans demanded a rivalry. It wasn't natural to pick Palace...a team nestling in South London with years of hatred for Millwall but the Mullery/Venables years threw us together, young managers, both passionate, both upwardly mobile, playing each other regularly.
It has never sat comfortably with me...hijacking and artificially creating a rivalry that shouldn't exist and has forced the younger Millwall fans to move onto West Ham leaving the older fans to their memories.
Brighton was a better club with no fierce rivalry...we were a stand alone club with a big catchment area, loyal and knowledgeable fans. The sort of ignorance shown on this thread indicates a lack of formal education and a complete lack of footballing knowledge and history.
The Brighton/ Palace ( so-called ) rivalry has besmirched our great club...it is ugly, ill-founded and un-necessary. It instills feelings of hatred and jealousy.
Sadly, it now seems deep-rooted and is being perpetuated by certain fans with nothing better to do....it is about time that these fans realise that BRIGHTON HAVE NO NATURAL RIVALS...THIS IS A LONDON CLUB WITH ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION WITH US WHATSOEVER.
I hope upon hope that Crawley Town FC rise through the ranks and in the years to come, a real Sussex rivalry develops. Not this pathetic, artificially created rubbish, that the sensible ones amiongst have to put up with.
My message to Palace fans is.....go back to your real roots and rivalry.....my message to Brighton fans is...start building up the rivalry now v Crawley and it will grow like Topsy and Palace will be consigned to history.

Should have started this on a separate thread mate as this will shake everyone out of their Sunday morning slumber. I have a lot of sympathy with what you are saying as I am a JCL as have only supported the Albion since moving down here 25 years ago. The Palace thing has never really bothered me and I actually get more wound up by certain big London teams north of the river who feel the need to poach those of a lower IQ from anywhere south of Crawley...and yes they would be our natural rivals although couldn't ever see it happening!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Again Palace-related source.... why are the brighton-related sources so quiet?

why would Brighton sources have anything to say that has'nt already been said? he's no longer our player so not our business to worry about. He's gone and thats all that matters, whether it be to the SCUM or some other club.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Do we know for sure that Murray only treats football as a job? I know it looks like that, but there is also the possibility that he has pulled off a great coup for himself - by going to Palace (if he actually has), not only has he got the most money for himself, but they are the most likely, of the teams chasing him, to play him regularly.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
True. I also think that folk have not grasped the meaning of loyalty in this context. Murray's loyalty to us, and our loyalty to him was for the 3 year term of his contract. The reason a contract is in place is so that everyone knows where the two parties stand and for how long. As far as I'm aware both sides stuck to the original terms and conditions and I imagine both sides are happy with how the 3 years panned out.

And after 3 years, well, there's no obligation on either side for anything.

I admit that if he signs for Palace I won;t be very happy about it, not because it's for money but for the fact his presence would make Palace just that little bit better than they have been for the last two seasons.

Not that means much :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
We suffered a season of that with Alan Lee. We dealt with that by letting him travel in from Ipswich and it worked wonders for his mood and confidence. And now he's become a Chuck Norris superhero-type.

Alan Lee that you sold to Hudds last year?

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
That Paul is Bullshit..... We have tried to sign him twice already in the last season and the player has made it clear all along the ONLY club he wanted to join was Brighton.

But if it helps you, then fire away with a few more bullshits
Freedman spoke to our local press (Adder) on Wednesday and gave them the name of a player they had all but agreed a contract with on the provision that they'd be notified when the deal was done. When Murray agreed to sign the deal on Thursday, Freedman pulled out of the deal and the Advertiser tweeted that it was Hoskins he had the interest in.

This is a fact.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
So the wages, signing on fee and agents fee were what exactly? Or do you not know?
I do know the first 2, but cannot say.

Agents fee I do not know, but we are one of the lowest payers of Agents fees in the top 3 divisions, so work that out for yourself.

Signing on fee was more than Millwall offered, but not by much. Find out the average signing-on fee for a Bosman. For starters, it was less than Ambrose was given.

Wages are under £10k a week and less than Ambrose. Also less than what Danns has been offered and turned down.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
14 Murray threads on this page alone...........

Time to draw a line under it and move on. Gus and Tony have.

NO MORE MURRAY THREADS PLEASE!!!!

(with the exception of this one of course!!)

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I do know the first 2, but cannot say.

Agents fee I do not know, but we are one of the lowest payers of Agents fees in the top 3 divisions, so work that out for yourself.

Signing on fee was more than Millwall offered, but not by much. Find out the average signing-on fee for a Bosman. For starters, it was less than Ambrose was given.

Wages are under £10k a week and less than Ambrose. Also less than what Danns has been offered and turned down.

The Hoskins deal has been done for some time. You may well have been interested, and I wouldn't blame you, but you certainly weren't on the verge of signing him.

If I had a pound for every poster on here that claimed to be 'in the know' I would be a millionaire...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Another thread on him FFS

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Yeah! Anyone would think he was one of our best players who has just joined our biggest rivals!

What's the fuss about?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
what so we can have more crap like shit rumours , crap song threads and general meaningless bollocks

Albion board / Albion chat

suits me

scooter1

How soon is now?
At the end of the day he's not playing for his boyhood club so there is no "loyalty" factor there, this is just his job. And ask yourself this, if somebody offered you even a grand a week more to do your job for them, would you turn it down? If he does go to Palace, he probably won't have to move house, he probably won't have much further to travel to work every day and he's going to earn X amount more as well. As has been said on pretty much every other thread, there's no doubt we could afford him, and more if need be, but Gus thinks he can get better for his $ and i'm sure he can. The thing that irks me more is that we paid £300k for him and although he's helped us get promoted, we'll see f*** all in return for our initial investment....

And just out of interest, i'd still like to know what his "slap-head" celebration was all about

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Freedman spoke to our local press (Adder) on Wednesday and gave them the name of a player they had all but agreed a contract with on the provision that they'd be notified when the deal was done. When Murray agreed to sign the deal on Thursday, Freedman pulled out of the deal and the Advertiser tweeted that it was Hoskins he had the interest in.

This is a fact.

The Advertiser made no mention of Freedman pulling out of the deal, simply that it had been Will Hoskins who Freedman had told him (Jones) was the player he was confident of signing. He made no mention of Will Hoskins until it was announced he had signed for BHA. It was obvious from his tweet that he was surprised that Hoskins had signed for BHA so you are clearly filling in the gaps with what you want the truth to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here