Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Murray signs for palace

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I was bothered and then we signed Hoskins.

Now I'm far to excited about signing what I consider to be one of the best strikers outside the Premiership - who is hungry for success.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Gus is smart, he knows what will stop Murray without lamping the guy or lumping him into the air.
He's really not that tricky, doesn't weave through defenders or do anything particularly fancy - just pops the ball into the net as an opportunist, when he can get an opening. We WILL come up against as good, and tougher than Murray, EVERY match of next season.

This is why I'm not too bothered personally - more interested that we have a better replacement.

This!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I would like to know why Freedman is such a pathological liar, repeatedly he's denied signing Murray, why ? Frankly whilst Murray will be missed he's also far from irreplaceable.

Maybe Mu**ay wanted it kept quiet until he found hotel accomodation or digs, basically trying to minimise any abuse he or his family might get?

C**t!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I would like to know why Freedman is such a pathological liar, repeatedly he's denied signing Murray, why ? Frankly whilst Murray will be missed he's also far from irreplaceable.

Maybe Freedman isn't the one in charge of transfer policy at Palace? Just a thought.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has he signed yet or will they change their minds and tell him they are no longer interested or can't raise the funds, which would be quite funny really/

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Has he signed yet or will they change their minds and tell him they are no longer interested or can't raise the funds, which would be quite funny really/

I still hav'nt seen anything official, Would'nt surprise me if his agent is busy playing Palace off against Millwall & Southampton to see where he can pick up the most money.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I still hav'nt seen anything official, Would'nt surprise me if his agent is busy playing Palace off against Millwall & Southampton to see where he can pick up the most money.

Too right. Murray will go to Millwall or Southampton if they gazump with more cash.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Is sending £1.50 in 5p pieces the cheapest way of providing him with the necessary 30 pieces of silver?

No as they're not silver are they? Cheapest would be to get hold of some old silver-threepenny pieces but you might have to pay 40-50p each. £15 would be a lot to make the point...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Every source and every newspaper says it done with Palace, the formalities are complete..... which means he's signed. It just the official announcement that's missing. Saints or Millwall is now just wishful thinking.

Murray who said he "respected albions fans" is choosing to join their bitter and hated rivals.

He deserves no respect and every bit of angst and anger coming his way.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Every source and every newspaper says it done with Palace, the formalities are complete..... which means he's signed. It just the official announcement that's missing. Saints or Millwall is now just wishful thinking.

Murray who said he "respected albions fans" is choosing to join their bitter and hated rivals.

He deserves no respect and every bit of angst and anger coming his way.

I'll believe it when it's official but until then he could end up anywhere that pays him the most.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I gave Murray some stick on the other thread and got abused for it. I think I got it pretty much spot on.

1. Murray is a good lower league player but unproven above that and not fit to lace Zamora's boots
2. Murray is a sulky, spoilt Man who throws a hissy fit when things don't go his way
3. Murray has been wanting out to the highest bidder almost since the day he arrived here
4. Murray did his job and scored goals for money and thats what he is about
5. Murray will just go to the club who offer the most immediate money as that is all that matters to him
6. Murray is a disruptive and unsettling influence in the team
7. Poyet was going to get bored of Murray's bullshit pretty quickly
8. He is not fit to be talked about in the same sentance as someone like Ian Chapman who refused to join CPFC many years ago when it would have improved his prospects and bank balance. Chapman has class , Murray does not and never will

In short we will not miss Murray and he will look back on this move in 2 years time and realise what a fool he has been.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I gave Murray some stick on the other thread and got abused for it. I think I got it pretty much spot on.

1. Murray is a good lower league player but unproven above that and not fit to lace Zamora's boots
2. Murray is a sulky, spoilt Man who throws a hissy fit when things don't go his way
3. Murray has been wanting out to the highest bidder almost since the day he arrived here
4. Murray did his job and scored goals for money and thats what he is about
5. Murray will just go to the club who offer the most immediate money as that is all that matters to him
8. He is not fit to be talked about in the same sentance as someone like Ian Chapman who refused to join CPFC many years ago when it would have improved his prospects and bank balance. Chapman has class , Murray does not and never will

In short we will not miss Murray and he will look back on this move in 2 years time and realise what a fool he has been.

That seemed to happen with Fozzy as well...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

No 6 what? and no 7 surely he wouldn't have been offered a contract (however big or small) if that is the case. You cannot deny he is a good footballer and it depends who we replace him with as to whether he will be missed.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Bloody hell US, there's a lot of bitterness and supposition masquerading as fact in your analysis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here