NSFG - Murray signs for palace

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Advertiser made no mention of Freedman pulling out of the deal, simply that it had been Will Hoskins who Freedman had told him (Jones) was the player he was confident of signing. He made no mention of Will Hoskins until it was announced he had signed for BHA. It was obvious from his tweet that he was surprised that Hoskins had signed for BHA so you are clearly filling in the gaps with what you want the truth to be.

Seeing as Gus has said that we wanted him a year ago and the fact that we tried to sign him on a loan to perm deal earlier this year makes Freedman (the man who said he wasn't interested in Murray a couple of months ago) look like a bit of a fibber. Face a fact, you couldn't afford the transfer fee in any case.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
They all make it up as they go along. Paul tells us that Murray signed on Thursday and therefore Palace pulled out of a deal for Hoskins while Freedman was telling their fans forum the complete opposite re Glenn. Indeed, he publicly said the deal was not done on Friday lest we forget. I'm done with discussing theory dressed up as fact with Palace supporters now, only so much one can take. No need to talk anymore, we have two games and a whole season to show what's what.

Palace boss: Murray hasn't signed From The Argus)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I do know the first 2, but cannot say.

Agents fee I do not know, but we are one of the lowest payers of Agents fees in the top 3 divisions, so work that out for yourself.

Signing on fee was more than Millwall offered, but not by much. Find out the average signing-on fee for a Bosman. For starters, it was less than Ambrose was given.

Wages are under £10k a week and less than Ambrose. Also less than what Danns has been offered and turned down.

Thought so!

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Do we know for sure that Murray only treats football as a job? I know it looks like that, but there is also the possibility that he has pulled off a great coup for himself - by going to Palace (if he actually has), not only has he got the most money for himself, but they are the most likely, of the teams chasing him, to play him regularly.

But can they afford to pay him regularly ?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Untitled.png

Best of luck Glenn. I for one can't wait for next season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
El Abd will go right through him in the first five minutes

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
the artificially created rivalry between Brighton and Palace. ... hijacking and artificially creating a rivalry that shouldn't exist

my message to Brighton fans is...start building up the rivalry now v Crawley and it will grow like Topsy and Palace will be consigned to history.

What? You don't like the palace rivalry because it didn't exist for a while, and instead you want us to and create a crawley rivalry that hasn't existed before.

Football rivalries are about more than location. They are about politics, they are about competing successes (i.e. man u v liverpool largely basing their feuds on who is more successful/won most), they are about personality clashes, stand out incidents and all manner of issues.

IMO, suddenly deciding to make a team you have no animosity for, no reason to dislike, your new rivals i much more artificial than the on we have with Palace.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
If I was El Abd I'd happily take a red card to kick Murray's judas arse up in the air and crock him for the rest of the season. :clap: Palace are going to be so dissapointed in the miserable northern twat.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Also El Abd is very good at needling opposition players and his knowledge of Murray will hit some right raw spots, Murray has shown in the past a fair bit of petulance and will react to any sledging from our players. Can't wait for the Palace games with all this aggravation already.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Is thi sthe job Murray is going for?

CONFERENCE & BANQUETING SALES MANAGER

£25 - £28k plus bonus (depending on experience)

A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Conference & Banqueting Sales Manager to join our Catering Department, at Crystal Palace Football Club.

We don't need him. I live in Bristol see a lot of Bristol Rovers and would take Hoskins ahead of Murray any day.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I dont get all the tit for tat.

No matter what anyone says, Murray will be missed. But I am glad the club has dealt with this properly, and not be held to ransom.
If Glenn was in Poyets future plans, then he would have been signed a while back. Fact of the matter is, Glenn is looking out for no.1 (and who can blame him) he is not interested in loyalties, whoever is willing to flash the cash will get the signature.

I have no doubt his intentions were to leave upon his contract expiry, which is why he did not sign another one at the end of last season. His 20+ goals were worthy to our cause, but he had bigger intentions with putting in maximum effort by putting himself in the shop window.

Good bye, and good luck.

But give me a younger Gary Hart anyday.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Evening Argus saying Murray is a done deal and will be announced on Monday

Last edited:

Also El Abd is very good at needling opposition players and his knowledge of Murray will hit some right raw spots, Murray has shown in the past a fair bit of petulance and will react to any sledging from our players. Can't wait for the Palace games with all this aggravation already.

Gus is smart, he knows what will stop Murray without lamping the guy or lumping him into the air.
He's really not that tricky, doesn't weave through defenders or do anything particularly fancy - just pops the ball into the net as an opportunist, when he can get an opening. We WILL come up against as good, and tougher than Murray, EVERY match of next season.

This is why I'm not too bothered personally - more interested that we have a better replacement.

Sad sad thread from start to finish.....ignorant petty jealousies from fans too young to know any better....those that have got swept up in the artificially created rivalry between Brighton and Palace. For seventy years Brighton had no natural rivals...50 miles from the nearest league club. Pompey had Southampton to worry about and Palace had Millwall. Brighton were like Carlisle..absolute neutrality, all on their own. But in the angry and violent 70's the new young and aggressive Brighton fans demanded a rivalry. It wasn't natural to pick Palace...a team nestling in South London with years of hatred for Millwall but the Mullery/Venables years threw us together, young managers, both passionate, both upwardly mobile, playing each other regularly.
It has never sat comfortably with me...hijacking and artificially creating a rivalry that shouldn't exist and has forced the younger Millwall fans to move onto West Ham leaving the older fans to their memories.
Brighton was a better club with no fierce rivalry...we were a stand alone club with a big catchment area, loyal and knowledgeable fans. The sort of ignorance shown on this thread indicates a lack of formal education and a complete lack of footballing knowledge and history.
The Brighton/ Palace ( so-called ) rivalry has besmirched our great club...it is ugly, ill-founded and un-necessary. It instills feelings of hatred and jealousy.
Sadly, it now seems deep-rooted and is being perpetuated by certain fans with nothing better to do....it is about time that these fans realise that BRIGHTON HAVE NO NATURAL RIVALS...THIS IS A LONDON CLUB WITH ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION WITH US WHATSOEVER.
I hope upon hope that Crawley Town FC rise through the ranks and in the years to come, a real Sussex rivalry develops. Not this pathetic, artificially created rubbish, that the sensible ones amiongst have to put up with.
My message to Palace fans is.....go back to your real roots and rivalry.....my message to Brighton fans is...start building up the rivalry now v Crawley and it will grow like Topsy and Palace will be consigned to history.

you're an idiot, you try and make it sound like 'you were there' during the late 70's, you clearly were not.

I am looking forward to Murray's press conference. "So Glenn, what attracted you to sign for Palace?"
Seriously, what the f*ck is he going to say about Croydon, Selhurst, the playing style, the looming relegation battle, years of financial uncertainty.
He is going to need a very good PR man to style this one out.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I would like to know why Freedman is such a pathological liar, repeatedly he's denied signing Murray, why ? Frankly whilst Murray will be missed he's also far from irreplaceable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here