Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not at all nice in the South Stand

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't believe for a second there were monkey noises. Sorry I just don't. If anyone at all would have heard it, it would have been sorted, sharpish. As they were new to games I would imagine it was as suggested . . Hooooof etc. f*** sake it's like the Bellamy thing all over again.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm sure loads of people have taken a bird or their missus to football before and she's hated it, why do you think 95% of the crowd are men!

As for monkey noises, nobody else heard it and nobody complained so they either misheard or it was 1 bloke that nobody else could hear.

You can't please everyone, if they don't like it there's plenty of other hobbies they can take up.

95% men what crap.

Apart from that I tend to agree. Lucky this lady never visited withdean.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
This thread certainly got more attention than it deserved, bit like all those transfer rumours which someone heard from a mate.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tim is a lifelong fan, been to hundreds of Albion games, knows what Seagulls sounds like.

Phil, with respect, I'd wager a pound to a penny that your friends are 100% wrong in this instance. A lifelong fan who has been to hundreds of Albion games, but who - crucial point, this - also lives in Tripoli may not necessarily be familiar with our recently-acquired disdain of Those Who Hoof. So shouts of 'Hoooof!' unless shouted completely in unison (which they won't be) might sound a bit like monkey noises. Similarly, if people around them also heard the supposed monkey noises then it might be a fair assumption that those people in that newly-opened-to-home-fans part of the ground might be for the most part JCLs who are similarly unacquainted with our recently-acquired disdain of Those Who Hoof.

Seems BY FAR to be the most likely explanation for what your friends heard.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
This thread certainly got more attention than it deserved, bit like all those transfer rumours which someone heard from a mate.

It's a nice change from slagging travellers, got to admit that.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Peopl who go to football for the first time often mistake what they hear
for something more sinister. Surely this is the more plausible explanation.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
my other half wondered at her first Albion match why we were singing about 'sausage by the sea'....until I
pointed out her mistake........

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Some wally near me mistook the hoof for boo's so I think you could confuse hoof hoof with oooh oooh.

The away fans gay shouts are what concern me alot, especially new fans buying in the match by match area.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I dont think there were any monkey noises, we have the most tolerant fans in the country. We put up with so much homophobic shit from away fans and just take it all with a pinch of salt. We are not a racist club and never will be. Hoof is what your friends would have heard

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
think we should assign that block next to the away end to people who want to banter with the away fans and pretend to run towards the segregation when we score style vibe. be much better than precious cluless people who want to enjoy the game without the fun of an away/home atmosphere

Gumbo

Feb 18, 2009
100% it was hooof, just coincidence it was there black players hoofing it. i was sat in the south with my 6 year old near to the wed fans and thought it was a good atmosphere there and didnt hear any abuse from their lot even though was a bit concerned beforehand..

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Was half way up the south stand right next to away fans, didn't here a monkey chant. A few Wednesday mongs were giving out that was about it.

How did some of you manage to go to football in the 80's 90's if that bunch of inbred northern twats upset you.

Was half way up the south stand right next to away fans, didn't here a monkey chant. A few Wednesday mongs were giving out that was about it.

How did some of you manage to go to football in the 80's 90's if that bunch of inbred northern twats upset you.

You were allowed to run onto the pitch a give them a good hiding! simple! It all worked quite well???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here