Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not at all nice in the South Stand

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Perhaps next time don't sit next to the away fans if that really upsets them.

You see, it's comments like that that make some people sound quite unpleasant. They've not been to the Amex before, they go online, register, and buy the tickets that are available to them.

Perhaps the knobhead Brighton fans should be allocated these seats, let the Neanderthals shout it out amongst themselves.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Wait till Millwall come to town...

Quite, thats going to be nice for the fans who buy tickets down there, you know, the non season ticket holders, those who've perhaps not been to the Amex before, those who think "I know, I'll give the Albion a go" . These are not really the best seats to sell to the occasional fans are they.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
You see, it's comments like that that make some people sound quite unpleasant. They've not been to the Amex before, they go online, register, and buy the tickets that are available to them.

Perhaps the knobhead Brighton fans should be allocated these seats, let the Neanderthals shout it out amongst themselves.

They are not the only seats available to non-season ticket holders. If they don't like sitting next to the away fans they don't have to. And have you thought that some fans might like sitting next to the away fans? Last season I sat next to the away fans a couple of times when the south stand was split and the banter was quite good and fans were enjoying it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I gave season ticket to someone and went in south yesterday.

Suffice to say ; never again. Rubbish atmosphere, clueless uninterested fans. And kept getting asked to sit down every time Albion attacked by a bloke who was standing himself. Poor view of game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
They are not the only seats available to non-season ticket holders. If they don't like sitting next to the away fans they don't have to. And have you thought that some fans might like sitting next to the away fans? Last season I sat next to the away fans a couple of times when the south stand was split and the banter was quite good and fans were enjoying it.

Let's read the post first eh? It's their first time, they go online, the south stand seats are the only seats available at the time of booking, they even phoned to clarify this and we're told only south stand seats available, so that's what they booked. Anyway , it doesn't matter by more, I really don't think they'll be going again.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Let's read the post first eh? It's their first time, they go online, the south stand seats are the only seats available at the time of booking, they even phoned to clarify this and we're told only south stand seats available, so that's what they booked. Anyway , it doesn't matter by more, I really don't think they'll be going again.

A lifelong fan who has been hundreds of times, giving up due to a misheard chant and a limited choice of pies? It's amazing he made it this far...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Dec 29, 2011
For some reason I don't for a minute believe the monkey sounds, however I do agree with Bozza about the issue of 'first timers' going right next to the away fans. Maybe when the NE corner is complete the away fans can move into that and so will be next to the north stand. This means the family section can move to the south which is (as i've heard) already pretty dead.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011

They should have got tickets earlier then.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
For some reason I don't for a minute believe the monkey sounds, however I do agree with Bozza about the issue of 'first timers' going right next to the away fans. Maybe when the NE corner is complete the away fans can move into that and so will be next to the north stand. This means the family section can move to the south which is (as i've heard) already pretty dead.

That is a terrible idea. For a start, the south stand isn't dead. We sing a fair bit in there and it is getting louder every game. Secondly, do you really think it is a good idea putting the away fans next to the north. It is asking for trouble. And it will make the north spend more time shouting at the opposition fans, rather then chanting.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009

Wish the two in row C of WSL south had. Standing up every time Albion attacked in the first half, blocking the view of kids behind them even though no one was standing in front of them.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Maybe it was bruno being chanted which could,ve been misheard ... really can't beleive anybody would make monkey noises

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
A lifelong fan who has been hundreds of times, giving up due to a misheard chant and a limited choice of pies? It's amazing he made it this far...

I really don't know what I did to you in a past life, but whatever. My friend lives abroad, went to the goldstone for many years, Withdean for a couple of seasons, now visits the uk occasionally and finally got a chance to visit the wonderful Amex, and didn't have the great time we all suggested he might. He wasn't the only one who misheard something,as has been stated elsewhere on this thread, he perhaps didn't get the Hoof conertation. His wife thought the whole experience was somewhat less than enjoyable, which is a shame. He made a distinct effort to get back to the uk to go to this game, and found the experience wanting. All ive given you is An unbiased response from someone else's point of view.

They should have got tickets earlier then.

Thanks for that. I'll mention it to them.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Quite, thats going to be nice for the fans who buy tickets down there, you know, the non season ticket holders, those who've perhaps not been to the Amex before, those who think "I know, I'll give the Albion a go" . These are not really the best seats to sell to the occasional fans are they.

I had never thought of that before this thread, stupid decision really when you think of it. Needs to be some sort of notice to let the buyer know they are going to be sat very close to the away fans. I would enjoy sitting close to away fans but a new fan coming along with their kid may not.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe it was bruno being chanted which could,ve been misheard ... really can't beleive anybody would make monkey noises

Peterborough away last season, and Palace, to name two that have been mentioned on this thread. Trouble is at Boro, it was a terrace, and impossible to see who was doing it from where we were stood. at palace, equally difficult to point out the individuals unless you were right amongst them I would expect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here