Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich Fan Here.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Mate I remember when Brighton were a bigger clun than Norwich in terms of crowds (late 70s). Are the Albion now? No. Will they be next year? No but they will be about the same, and with a plan for growth that will make the albion the biggest in the south coast and south of the River Thames in the South East. Not ros tinted spectacles, just analysis of the facts of a rich chairman and a catchment area second to none
/

If we get promoted we woud be as bigger club as Norwich!!! - I think you answered the point yourself.. the late 70's was 30 years ago.... its not going to happen in at least 20 years. Look at Man City.. they were a big club even before the money turned up.

Feb 14, 2010
Mate I remember when Brighton were a bigger clun than Norwich in terms of crowds (late 70s). Are the Albion now? No. Will they be next year? No but they will be about the same, and with a plan for growth that will make the albion the biggest in the south coast and south of the River Thames in the South East. Not ros tinted spectacles, just analysis of the facts of a rich chairman and a catchment area second to none

Also to say that Brighton / Sussex is a more bult up catchment area and population wise, our catchment area is bigger than Norwich. bloom knows it, that why he spent £98 Million of his own money on a ground that can expand to 36000

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Giraffe quote - "Palace fans screw their dogs, who also happen to be their mothers."

Said the moderator. I love it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
nah if you go up you'll be similar to reading or watford with some investment

not the same as norwich, derby or leeds

Norwich are no where near as big as Leeds!.

Feb 14, 2010
nah if you go up you'll be similar to reading or watford with some investment

not the same as norwich, derby or leeds

When I was a kid in the 70s Brighton were called "Chelsea of south coast". No we are not as big as chelsea but we were bigger than Norwich. Norwich as a club have got bigger but we will be back to what we were in the 70s very soon, and then we will surpass it. Just look at the population of Brighton to Worthing 500,000 and of Sussex, oh yes its a big potential that even Norwich cant match as you dont have the population

Feb 14, 2010
not enough brighton fans down here tho

too many supporting the big prem clubs

will take many years to grow a big fan base

it didnt in the 70s and actually I will back the bloke who has put 90 odd Million quid on th fact that it wont take that long

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It wasnt in the 70s, was in the 90s and isnt in the 2010's. Live in todays world not yesterdays

Todays world shows we average 7000 fans, Norwich average 24000.......but I see where you are coming from. I think we've got much to look forward to.

Feb 14, 2010
Todays world shows we average 7000 fans, Norwich average 24000.......but I see where you are coming from. I think we've got much to look forward to.

Todays world is home sell outs at a crap ground- yes 7K but that all they can get in
A new ground of 22K that can rise to 36K
A vast catchment area that has a big population (Sussex population cant be far off Northern Ireland's)
A Chairman that has spent 90odd Million quid on a ground.

Norwich were smaller than us in the 70s, bigger than us in the 1990/2000s and now in the 201's are a division higher. Next year the same division (if they dont go up), similar crowds ut with brighton on a path to growth.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What has us being bigger than Norwich (debatable) 30-odd years ago have to do with anything nowadays? Brighton has always had 'potential', rarely if ever fulfilled over 110 years. Norwich make good on their 'potential'. The chairman's wealth means bugger all if it can't be converted into big crowds and high success.

On the Bennett issue - he is far more than merely 'a winger'. He is a winger, a midfield powerhouse, the team's engine, a superb passer, an intelligent link man, a superb goalscorer (not often enough at present), the direct source of half of our goals and an excellent person with a bright future.

And he's ours.

You want him, you find yourself a big nose to pay through for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here