Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich Fan Here.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'll eat my own foot if bennett goes to norwich,the fact is next season we will be probably in a bloody good position if we go up and possibily be in a better position than norwich.

No way will bennett leave:thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Nice one Canary. I'm desperately hoping Wenger lets you extend Lansbury's loan to the end of the season as, although Bennett has played wide right much of the time, his most telling contributions come from a more free-ranging role and playing at the tip of the diamond behind the strikers. Very similar to Lansbury's role which I guess is what your scouts will have told Lambert. So come on Arsene.....do the right thing!

Feb 14, 2010
First rule Norwich fans - you can blame palace for everything and anything on a Brighton forum.

As for Bennett. Tony Bloom and Brighton don't need the money. promotion is what they want. Selling a player is not on the radar unless the buyer put down 2/3 or maybe 4 times the true value, and then only if we had a replacement ready to come in. Bloom may have to pay Bennet a few more quid to kep him happy. However promotion to be in the Championship with 20,000 crowds is the just the first step of a bigger project. Brighton have a big area and fan base. With Bloom as chairman, then to buy from Brighton is expensive. One of our best players ( when h can be arsed -Murray) is out of contract at the end of the season ,but they wont sell, and BHA will take a loss of him walking to get promotion instead of selling him now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really hope he doesn't go there and we may well both be in the Champs next season and we'll have one of the best stadiums going...

Always had a lot of time for Norwich - good support too. Canary do u remember when u beat us 2 or 3 nil about 5 yrs ago at your place and the Albion fans sang 'We want Worthy out' and received a great ovation from the Norwich fans..????

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Agents are a big part of this. They get a big fee if a player moves - so they will always be aggitating for teams to look at a player. Can't think this is always in the interests of the player - but that's modern football.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
hello guys, been reading the thread about elliot bennett and just wanted to post a few bits!

firstly, well done on the league position, my bet on you guys winning the league isnt looking to bad at the minute. poyet looks a credit to the club and your playing some really nice football.

about the whole elliot bennett argument. I wouldnt be hugely worried to be honest. Every cracking young player under the sun we have been linked with. weve got lansbury in on loan, but hes gone back now, and even if he does come back hes being played behind the striker in a free role, so we dont have a right mid. Was just looking at the valutations you guys are saying, and to be honest i cant see norwich matching that atall. We spent 1 million on surman, but thats the most we have spent since robert earnshaw 4 or 5 years ago. If 1 or 2 million is what the board are really looking for, i cant see norwich matching that.

The only other thing ive seen, is a money plus anthony mcnamee for bennett. hes a right winger who lambert doesnt seem to rate, but hes really attacking, and was left out of the lineup all together yesterday.

Lambert has said he wants 1 more player, but looking at the squad we already have 8 midfielders, and we are lacking a striker. martin and jackson are looking off the pace and we need some1 to play with holty.

he hasn't simply been linked you mug

we've obviously made a bid and are negotiating as lambert said last night

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
player of the season by a country mile. we play a diamond midfield formation and he sits infront of the defender. superb ball winner, gives it to a winger and sprints into the box time after time.

country mile?

wes has been world class of late, holt on fire and russell martin unbelievable

crofts defo up there but was rather disappointing yesterday

Feb 14, 2010
he hasn't simply been linked you mug

we've obviously made a bid and are negotiating as lambert said last night

mate, unless Norwich want to pay well over the odds and we have someone else to replace him then he wont be off anywhere. You might not know but Brighton dont need the cash and move to a new ground next year. 20K crowds in the championship just the first step. No need to go to Norwich unless you go up this year top the premiership of course

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
i'm fully aware of your situation

and altho you might not need the money, as many of your fans have said, if a player wants to go, then there's not an awful lot you can do unless we are making a derisory offer

if lambo is offered a prem job i accept he'll prob be off regardless of the compo

anyway, can bennett cross a ball and play well on the wing? pacey?

you can prob have anthony macnamee too

defo league one class

Feb 14, 2010

and altho you might not need the money, as many of your fans have said, if a player wants to go, then there's not an awful lot you can do unless we are making a derisory offer

if lambo is offered a prem job i accept he'll prob be off regardless of the compo

he has skill but is not lightning. He has intelligence beyond his years and the avergae "athlete" of an english footballer. A good footballer that could play abroad. He thrives with Poyet as the team passes it. Pass and move suits him as he can show his vision. If he wants to go? Yes if you have a chance of top flight but I doubt we would want o sell no just for this year as we will want him next year in the championship

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

you can prob have anthony macnamee too

defo league one class

That assumes he wants to go and is willing to demand a transfer. While Bennett may be interested he seems like he is a sensible person from the interviews I hear and quite happy here. He is also on a long term contract and I am sure would continue to fight for the team if we turned down bids. As a result you will need to offer serious money. Clearly if you offered us £5 million it would be accepted but I don't think we would accept anything below £1 million so if you think you can match that price then fair enough. To be honest I doubt you will be the only club interested either.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
I'll eat my own foot if bennett goes to norwich,the fact is next season we will be probably in a bloody good position if we go up and possibily be in a better position than norwich.

No way will bennett leave:thumbsup:

Are you seriously suggesting we are a bigger club than Norwich...

Take of the brighton tinted glasses for just one second... Norwich are far bigger than we will ever be.

Some people seem to forget on here, we have only EVER played 4 season in the top league and that was nearly 23 years ago..

I am as passionate as anyone about this club, but at least be a bit realistic...

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
fair enough

he defo seems like a lambo player then with the technical skill. we probably tried to pass it too much yesterday and be like arsenal, i agree you won't want to sell him, but he may want to double his money, and at the very least get a new deal with you. depends on your ambition really. also, no guarantees of going up at this stage

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Thing is,it might not only be Norwich,we also hear QPR are interested.I hope this saga hasn't alerted other clubs.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
he has skill but is not lightning. He has intelligence beyond his years and the avergae "athlete" of an english footballer. A good footballer that could play abroad. He thrives with Poyet as the team passes it. Pass and move suits him as he can show his vision. If he wants to go? Yes if you have a chance of top flight but I doubt we would want o sell no just for this year as we will want him next year in the championship

hmmm would be amazed if the deal was 1m, maybe with promotion add ons. i accept he's on a long contract but not sure that makes a huge difference. hopefully crofts will be telling him good things. double your money and playing in front of 26000 will be quite a pull...

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
The more successful we get the more other clubs will be alerted. 19 assists could not be kept quiet at all.

Gus has made it clear he believes that most players will want to stay and fight for promotion, Bennett, I truly think wants to do this!

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
mate, unless Norwich want to pay well over the odds and we have someone else to replace him then he wont be off anywhere. You might not know but Brighton dont need the cash and move to a new ground next year. 20K crowds in the championship just the first step. No need to go to Norwich unless you go up this year top the premiership of course

and another one.... at this rate we will be like Real madrid in 2 seasons.....

Norwich will be a bigger club than us for the WHOLE of Bennett's career. They are in the top 20 biggest clubs in this country

Feb 14, 2010
Are you seriously suggesting we are a bigger club than Norwich...

Take of the brighton tinted glasses for just one second... Norwich are far bigger than we will ever be.

Some people seem to forget on here, we have only EVER played 4 season in the top league and that was nearly 23 years ago..

I am as passionate as anyone about this club, but at least be a bit realistic...

Mate I remember when Brighton were a bigger clun than Norwich in terms of crowds (late 70s). Are the Albion now? No. Will they be next year? No but they will be about the same, and with a plan for growth that will make the albion the biggest in the south coast and south of the River Thames in the South East. Not ros tinted spectacles, just analysis of the facts of a rich chairman and a catchment area second to none

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here