Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins sacked by Southampton [Merged]

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
just a thought , if saints had english owners would they have done the same? you could argue that after what he has achieved there a new contract could of been in the offing.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Don't lose too much sleep over it mate ;)

Here+come+the+repost+police+_e81cd8929e36183fc8fdcfd5c6155683.jpg

repost_e3fa99_844253.gif

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I was starting to warm to Adkins and he certainly has been getting fair results this season. Very bizarre. Wonder if they'll start to slide again?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
So Adkins get 2 promotions in 2 years, looks on course to keep them in the PL (after drawing 2 each at Chelsea) and gets sacked.

Whilst I can't stand the smug twat, If that's failure and a sackable offence, there are loads of PL and FL managers who may as well give up now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just the most ludicrous sacking yet this season, and that is saying something.

Back-to-back promotions, and now punching WELL above their weight, making a decent stab at staying up. They sit 15th, and are unbeaten in 5, and have just clawed back from 2-0 down at Chelsea to get a point. Looks like everyone was playing for him, and they were finding their feet in the Premiership.

How on EARTH can that justify a sacking. Mental. Unlike many on here I don't dislike Southampton, but I hope they drop like a brick from here.

Much as I have a dislike for Adkins he has really turned it around over the last few games and they were getting better results, as above I hope they sink now. I feel sorry for the suffering fans who saw a glimmer of hope emerge recently. Nicola, you are a twat.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Utterly ridiculous , the symptom of modern football where a club is owned by a foreign Corporation and run by an Italian banker..

Adkins seems to have the knack of upsetting some people. but his record is good . A good man out of work

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Mad decision, but he will probably end up at a bigger and better club.Top manager except for the guard of honour incident.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Daily Echo, has the following poll running:

"Do you agree with the decision to sack Adkins?"

Currently 96% have voted no. I voted yes, obviously!

Howzabout a link so we can all join in the fun then?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
As much as i disliked Adkins, I had begrudging respect for what he has achieved as a Manager and from what I can see, they were on an upward curve in the Prem. There is no way they would have been relegated under Adkins. It appears that an English Manager is no longer fashionable and good old common sense has been totally thrown out of the window. It is worse than QPR sacking Warnock when they reached the top flight - where did that get them? If i was a Southampton fan, i'd be absolutely gutted - and very worried.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So Adkins get 2 promotions in 2 years, looks on course to keep them in the PL (after drawing 2 each at Chelsea) and gets sacked.

Whilst I can't stand the smug twat, If that's failure and a sackable offence, there are loads of PL and FL managers who may as well give up now.

Absolutely spot on!

Madness.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I reckon Saints have to be odds-on for relegation now. Personally I'd rather play in the lower tiers of English football than have a guy like Cortese at the helm, I'm sure any fans that write to him will be told where to get off...

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Not getting over that makes us look a bit small-time though doesn't it?

Not at all. It's a simple question that, if you f**k about with and take the p1ss out of us, we don't forget.

I'm delighted he's been sacked and the obviously laughable injustice of it makes it all the more pleasing. Awful, awful man.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not at all. It's a simple question that, if you f**k about with and take the p1ss out of us, we don't forget.

I'm delighted he's been sacked and the obviously laughable injustice of it makes it all the more pleasing. Awful, awful man.

Quite right.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I feel a bit sorry for the bloke, he was always a laugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here