Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New ticketing system meltdown already?!

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Just got mine online for SCC,Spurs and Gillingham.....took ages to get in ....another age to remove friends and family (joke), but payment went through smoothly..email received confirming immediately......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What's the username? He won't be doing it again soon.

argusneil

here's the PM--->

Hi,

We're doing a story in the Argus tomorrow about the ticketting problems and are keen to hear from fans whether they've had any problems or would like to comment on the situation.
If you would like to contribute please ring 01273 544530 or email news@theargus.co.uk.

Regards,
Neil

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What's the username? He won't be doing it again soon.

Suffice to say I will not be contributing. At best it's lazy in my opinion.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Disapointing the online ticket would not let me in today, went down the ticket office and q'ed for 3 hours. However glad as one of the seats needed tickets as the smartcard would not have loaded the games and another did not show them as having been a ST at Withdean, and they fixed both the problems.

Ticket staff doing a good job, just need more at times like these.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Went down queens round about 9.40 and got tickets around 10.40. I thought that was quite long but reading some of other comments on this thread seems like I got fairly lucky. Feel sorry for the ticket office staff, totally swamped and doing everything they possibly can but sounds like the system is totally letting them down.

I'm no computer expert so this might sound like a naive question but surely Brighton know that they get X amount of people logging on when tickets go on sale why not build a system that can cope with it? Or is it not that simple?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Just back from Queens Road, 2 tkts in hand for Spurs & a season ticket car park space thingie.

Personally, didnt want to trust a brand new computer system on day 1 of the future or the phone ticket system which badly let some of us down last year. The staff in the ticket office today, v.helpful.

Wrong that any 1000 pointers get to keep their tickets. If sold incorrectly, a polite letter advising them of the fault and the seats are cancelled. Appreciate its not their fault the club has sold them tickets but that would not be fair at all.

New kit looked lush btw.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All sorted now something to do with the system thinking Mini is 18 not Under 16 but have had this beofre

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Just back from Queens Road, 2 tkts in hand for Spurs & a season ticket car park space thingie.

Personally, didnt want to trust a brand new computer system on day 1 of the future or the phone ticket system which badly let some of us down last year. The staff in the ticket office today, v.helpful.

Wrong that any 1000 pointers get to keep their tickets. If sold incorrectly, a polite letter advising them of the fault and the seats are cancelled. Appreciate its not their fault the club has sold them tickets but that would not be fair at all.

New kit looked lush btw.

Good news, many thanks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Disapointing the online ticket would not let me in today, went down the ticket office and q'ed for 3 hours. However glad as one of the seats needed tickets as the smartcard would not have loaded the games and another did not show them as having been a ST at Withdean, and they fixed both the problems.

Ticket staff doing a good job, just need more at times like these.

There are obviously some data issues and it's only when people come to use the system that they are identified. These will bring some pains but you would expect that by the time the Spurs sales process has concluded, 95% of them should have been noticed and addressed and things should get to Business as Usual.

The site 'too busy' thing isn't too bad either, I don't think. And there really is no need for everyone to try and get in during the first few hours - if you have 1250+ points you will get your seat later today or tomorrow etc. That said, if you refresh enough times, you will get in. And when you are in, it all seems to work quite well, but there have been some obvious issues:

- Those below the 1250 point threshold being able to buy tickets. Time will tell whether those orders will be fulfilled.
- Amex cards not processing. Quite an embarrassment for obvious reasons.

And a couple of usability issues...

- "They've sold out already!" - the 'add my reserved seat' thing was clearly not obvious.
- Automatically including all Friends & Family and requiring the manual removal, prior to purchase if required. Quite cumbersome for big groups.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It looks like t'internet sales a calming down as I've managed to get on a few times in the last half hour, having not got on all morning.

I don't see why people have an issue with what's happened this morning. It happens for every event where there's a big demand, shirley none of you expected to just log on and buy tickets as if nobody else in the world was trying as well? :shrug:

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Was expecting the worst when I couldn't get onto the ticket page and got the message that the site was too busy but went back in to the main site and used the drop down menu options rather than refreshing and hey presto straight in, no messing and tickets purchased within 3 minutes. The family and friends option worked fine as well although having to remove those tickets we didn't want was a minor inconvenience.

warlingham seagull

Jul 28, 2004
Warlingham
I don't think it was the greatest idea to release the match tickets and the car park tickets on the same day. Customer services gives the out of hours message and the ticket office disconnects after a recorded message. Still all money for BT

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
There are obviously some data issues and it's only when people come to use the system that they are identified. These will bring some pains but you would expect that by the time the Spurs sales process has concluded, 95% of them should have been noticed and addressed and things should get to Business as Usual.

The site 'too busy' thing isn't too bad either, I don't think. And there really is no need for everyone to try and get in during the first few hours - if you have 1250+ points you will get your seat later today or tomorrow etc. That said, if you refresh enough times, you will get in. And when you are in, it all seems to work quite well, but there have been some obvious issues:

- Those below the 1250 point threshold being able to buy tickets. Time will tell whether those orders will be fulfilled.
- Amex cards not processing. Quite an embarrassment for obvious reasons.

And a couple of usability issues...

- "They've sold out already!" - the 'add my reserved seat' thing was clearly not obvious.
- Automatically including all Friends & Family and requiring the manual removal, prior to purchase if required. Quite cumbersome for big groups.

There are issues beyond that though...

Yes lets hope they are teething problems, I would much rather have got them all processed online, wonder if the issues would have been resolved if I had managed to get past the try again later stage.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think its actually a good system only letting a set number of people into the ticket sales part at once. That way once you are in there will not be the olympic problem of the system crashing while you are trying to order and pay.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just gone back to try Online ordering again, and all that appears now are Gills tickets! No option for anything else...

Re 'Unknown error M'.. I cleared all other tickets from the list apart from my own and it still errored out.

I know it will all (hopefully) get sorted, but the deafening silence from the club is what disappoints me.. all they need to do is issue a brief statement recognising there are a few technical probs, stop all transactions today and politely ask fans to try again tomorrow. Surely that would be a sensible option?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here