Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New ticketing system meltdown already?!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm no computer expert so this might sound like a naive question but surely Brighton know that they get X amount of people logging on when tickets go on sale why not build a system that can cope with it? Or is it not that simple?

Capacity and performance testing is difficult, but from what I've seen they've not done a bad job...

1. A lot of people got 'site busy' a lot of times but that was because a stupid number of people were trying to access the site. But they still got an informative message as to what was going on, and the site didn't crumble.

2. Those who did get in were able to transact successfully. This was because the safety step in 1 above segregated the load on the system.

However, you'd expect the Albion's internal ticketing staff to be using completely different infrastructure to access the system, such that they would not be influenced by any peak loads going on from punters on the outside. Reports from those who were at Queens Road suggest that this was not the case and they were suffering some degradation in performance.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So I guesstimate that (for the Spurs game)

12,000 available

1,200 Spurs
2,600 1901
5,000 Withdean STH

So 3,200 minimum left for next Wednesday - does that look about right (assuming all those who got tickets today that they were not entitled have them cancelled)

Uridium

May 30, 2011
The 'add my reserved seats' section is now empty for my 1000 point account so sounds like they've fixed that bug

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

12,000 available

1,200 Spurs
2,600 1901
5,000 Withdean STH

So 3,200 minimum left for next Wednesday - does that look about right (assuming all those who got tickets today that they were not entitled have them cancelled)

I thought it was 12,000 tickets available (not including 1901 and away tickets).

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
what an absolute pile of shite, the ticket site now shows no tickets available at all.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I sort of hope they don't attempt to cancel any tickets, or if they do be 100% that they get it right.

It doesn't effect me by the way, but given how flakey the system seems to be, and the mistakes in loyalty point numbers, if they start cancelling tickets left, right and center, then I can just see the wrong tickets being cancelled, people having to get them reinstated, complete chaos.

No, let's just have a block on future mistakes, and a humble letter apologising for glitches in the loyalty point system. If the problem is fixed now, I'm sure that all those with 1250 points, who want them, will get tickets.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There are obviously some data issues and it's only when people come to use the system that they are identified. These will bring some pains but you would expect that by the time the Spurs sales process has concluded, 95% of them should have been noticed and addressed and things should get to Business as Usual.

The site 'too busy' thing isn't too bad either, I don't think. And there really is no need for everyone to try and get in during the first few hours - if you have 1250+ points you will get your seat later today or tomorrow etc. That said, if you refresh enough times, you will get in. And when you are in, it all seems to work quite well, but there have been some obvious issues:

- Those below the 1250 point threshold being able to buy tickets. Time will tell whether those orders will be fulfilled.
- Amex cards not processing. Quite an embarrassment for obvious reasons.

And a couple of usability issues...

- "They've sold out already!" - the 'add my reserved seat' thing was clearly not obvious.
- Automatically including all Friends & Family and requiring the manual removal, prior to purchase if required. Quite cumbersome for big groups.

I think the biggest embarassing issue is that we started reported the loyalty point number f*** up on here over ther weekend, and I reported it to the club on Monday morning, yet they only seem to have woken up to it last night! and last time I looked I still have 3500 points so not sure it's resolved yet.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So who else is now in the "tried (unsuccesfully) to buy tickets with only 1000 loyalty points when you shouldn't have been able to, thinking tough luck everyone else, it's the club's fault for messing the system up, but now hopes the club act fairly in this and cancel the tickets of all the people who were succesful in cheating the system" camp??

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I think the biggest embarassing issue is that we started reported the loyalty point number f*** up on here over ther weekend, and I reported it to the club on Monday morning, yet they only seem to have woken up to it last night! and last time I looked I still have 3500 points so not sure it's resolved yet.

That together with the fact that they are unable to take Amex cards online, one of the biggest problems Amex execs have is card supression! Surely this is a simple round of user acceptance testing that has not been performed?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think it would be unfair to take back tickets from those that have bought in their eyes fairly as their loyalty points may have shown as 2500 or 3500 even though they shouldv'e had only a 1,000.

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
No, let's just have a block on future mistakes, and a humble letter apologising for glitches in the loyalty point system. If the problem is fixed now, I'm sure that all those with 1250 points, who want them, will get tickets.

I think you're right, the club will just draw a line under the cock-up and learn from the "experience" (IMO it's not worth finding the resource into refunding those new STH, though it would be interesting to know how many 1000 pointers 'illegally' bagged tickets).

Let's hope no STH from 2010/11 miss out (which in all honestly I don't think they will... if they order before next Wednesday).

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
hiw many more times will somebody need to post click on reserved tickets tab

dont treat me like some kind of fuckwit, smartarse. Read my post ,no tickets are available ,as in there are no home games to buy tickets for!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think it would be unfair to take back tickets from those that have bought in their eyes fairly as their loyalty points may have shown as 2500 or 3500 even though they shouldv'e had only a 1,000.

How many logged in after finding out about the loophole knowing full well that they should only have 1,000 points, its been well publishised. No different from the mispricing of an item on an internet shop (like last weeks X Box) anybody who bought one knew it was an error so shouldn't be surprised that the order is cancelled.

Beachbum71

Beachbum71
Apr 15, 2011
Shoreham beach

12,000 available

1,200 Spurs
2,600 1901
5,000 Withdean STH

There are NO tickets left at all! SOLD OUT. Not a good start to the ''New era''

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here