Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New ticketing system meltdown already?!

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Of the two payment options for Amex which one are you supposed to use?

I tried 'American Express' which failed. I then tried 'AMEX' which appeared to retrun an Unknown Error, emptied my Basket and kicked me out to the Tickets home page.

This was after I'd spent 10 minutes individually removing the 11 F&F from my basket for each of the 3 games. Why pre populate the basket with all the F&F details?

Whoever did the User Testing on this needs to find a new job ....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I don't understand why the club cant get this right? Surely it isn't that difficult? We are probably talking about 20,000 people trying to get tickets, it's not millions and millions like the Olympics or the World Cup or something. Why cant they just get a system that works?

I guess at least it puts the Olympic ticketing deabcle into perspective !

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Of the two payment options for Amex which one are you supposed to use?

I tried 'American Express' which failed. I then tried 'AMEX' which appeared to retrun an Unknown Error, emptied my Basket and kicked me out to the Tickets home page.

This was after I'd spent 10 minutes individually removing the 11 F&F from my basket for each of the 3 games. Why pre populate the basket with all the F&F details?

Whoever did the User Testing on this needs to find a new job ....

As stated above, Amex doesn't work!

Get in!! Just bought tickets for all three matches.

It's worth pointing out that I only have 1000 loyalty points, yet I was able to buy my seats, so I'd suggest trying even if you have 1000.

Don't know how you did that, I had these errors on my screen that were there until I had removed all my friends and family who weren't eligible. It was called "unknown error M". Once I had done this after half a dozen attempts it let me purchase my tickets, so it could have either been the non-eligible members being removed or the system finally let me purchase after being overloaded!

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Serious question about the online ticketing ?, when I go on to the Reserve My Seat option, it gives me all my friends and Family options to buy, but not for me or my son. Now I am a 1901 member, so does that make any difference ?. will be really hacked off If i cant get a ticket online for the SCFA game and people with less priority points get them. And yes I have tried the phone and cant even get in a q ?

Think you have to call up for this game, see below...

Brighton and Hove Albion | Tickets | Coming Up | Coming Up | Albion v Eastbourne Borough (SSC)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Don't know how you did that, I had these errors on my screen that were there until I had removed all my friends and family who weren't eligible. It was called "unknown error M". Once I had done this after half a dozen attempts it let me purchase my tickets, so it could have either been the non-eligible members being removed or the system finally let me purchase after being overloaded!

Exactly this - and when I signed on to their accounts individually - exactly the same "unknown error M".

Will have to try again for them next Wed, for Spurs(hopefully) and Gills(defo).

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Given the demand today looks like by the time I get to buy tickets (yes I'm a JCL with only 1000 pts) I'll be lucky to get a ticket for the spurs game for me and my father in law :(

Last edited:

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
What?? The £360 included 23 league games and 7 cup/friendlies. No mention when I bought mine (from the very helpful Paul on the phone lines) that I would need to buy a special one for the SSC. I hope that isn't a balls up.. or there will be loads of cars with nowhere to go on the 16th!!

I specifically asked whether it included the SSC and Spurs and was told that the pass includes the Spurs game but not the SSC which was an extra £5 - he wouldn't have mentioned it if I hadn't asked though - would think that there'd be plenty of spaces though if you ring in a day or two to sort it out when the meltdown today is over

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Just got back from Queen's Road, 2hrs 15mins in the Q. I came away with 3 tickets for Burgess Hill, but could only buy 1 seat for Spurs (my seasy ticket seat) when I wanted 2, but if you're buying for other folks they have to been season ticket holders at Withdean.

Quote me neither happy nor sad

Xeno, you know the club shop moved a couple of years ago. You wern't standing outside the wrong shop?

Ps thanks for getting us the tickets. :)

SUCCESS AT LAST!

Minor grumble though, I think it's a bit silly that all your friends and family reserved tickets are added to your basket by default. I had to go through the rigmarole of clicking remove for each one individually before I was left with just my own tickets. Think it might be better if each reserved ticket was listed, then an ADD button to click for the ones you want. :shrug:

This! I had the same problems too.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Took exactly 59 mins and 33 secs to get the Car Park 'season ticket' but I am very pleased.

It's certainly a lot of money but, as someone who lives and works at some distance, it will be bonus on wet, cold days and nights!

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Xeno, you know the club shop moved a couple of years ago. You wern't standing outside the wrong shop?

Ps thanks for getting us the tickets. :)

What? That sign which read "Tesco Metro" didn't sell Albion tickets?

This Tennent's Super is pretty strong stuff innit

Cheersh

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Definitely glad I went down to the ticket office first thing. Helpful friendly staff and tickets sorted by 10.15am.

Even they though were suffering crashes to their system!

Complete joke that the loyalty system has gone out of the window and that virtually anyone can buy the tickets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone else had Neil from the Argus PM them with an invite to contribute to a story tomorrow about this meltdown?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here