Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new away membership scheme

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think what they should have done maybe is keep a small % back when it comes to big games for non season ticket holders say 10-15%

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Yes you have to wait a couple of weeks until not all the tickets have been taken before you can buy yours, poor little you.

And when we play a big away game, all those STHs who don't usually buy tickets for away games (even Gillingham, Orient etc) get priority over fans that go to away games and have to PAY to be in the queue (blue membership) ahead of tourist fans (white).

If the blue membership put (away) fans on an equal level to gold fans for away tickets, I wouldn't have a problem. As it stands, the blue membership is a swizz.

You're better off calling round gold members to get unwanted tickets (and using their card for 10% off at the shop).

The scheme is ill-thought out. End of.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Are you trying to say that people in my position should weigh up the cost of going to an away game (if they can actually get a ticket for it) against the cost of their degree? I am willing to sacrifice some weekends to go to games, but not all of them. Even Paul said that my education should come first. I'm not going to screw up my degree just to look like a dedicated fan and get taken more seriously by the "loyal bunch". Some people have more important things than notching up a 100% attendance record at away games. I would be sorely disappointed if I graduated with a 2:2 or a 3rd knowing full well that the time I had spent every weekend watching football could have been better spent studying.

I don't know what some of these so called 'loyal fans' are trying to prove. My boyfriend included. It doesn't make you look cool. You only earn respect among fellow fans.

If I didn't attend Church every Sunday, it doesn't make me any less committed to God. I see football in the same way. I go when I can. And just becuase that's not every week, doesn't mean that I love Tommy Fraser any less.

Not saying that at all.

All I am saying is if a game where the demand for tickets is high, the most loyal fans should be the first to be rewarded and if those that do not fall into that category, will so be it, but you should not get a ticket rather than somebody that has been to more games over the season than you.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
And when we play a big away game, all those STHs who don't usually buy tickets for away games (even Gillingham, Orient etc) get priority over fans that go to away games and have to PAY to be in the queue (blue membership) ahead of tourist fans (white).

If the blue membership put (away) fans on an equal level to gold fans for away tickets, I wouldn't have a problem. As it stands, the blue membership is a swizz.

You're better off calling round gold members to get unwanted tickets (and using their card for 10% off at the shop).

The scheme is ill-thought out. End of.
But when a game like that comes around even if EVERY season ticket holder goes there are still going to be more available, hence the blue membership.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think what they should have done maybe is keep a small % back when it comes to big games for non season ticket holders say 10-15%

Far too sensible that.

STH first dibs for 2 or 3 days then general sale after that.

Far, far to simple.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Exactly. The only smug people at the end of it are the Gold members who can afford to pay to sit there looking smug.

I would venture very few have paid for GOLD membership. As far as Im aware if you are an STH you qualify for this.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Not saying that at all.

All I am saying is if a game where the demand for tickets is high, the most loyal fans should be the first to be rewarded and if those that do not fall into that category, will so be it, but you should not get a ticket rather than somebody that has been to more games over the season than you.

Yeah, and that system isn't fair on everyone. To earn loyalty, I would have to sacrifice other areas of my life.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, and that system isn't fair on everyone. To earn loyalty, I would have to sacrifice other areas of my life.

Welcome to the weird world of following a football team....

In any case the system would be fair, if the most loyal customers get first dibs on tickets and then they go to others.

I think the FA system where 70% of away tickets go to the fans with most loyalty points that apply for that game and then the rest are balloted to all the others that apply is as fair as it gets, but the Albion do not seem willing to go down the road of a system like that.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Whoever said life is fair?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Basically thats what you do when you follow a football club. Sorry but thats life mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here