Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new away membership scheme

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ideally: The more games you go to, the cheaper your tickets are. Gives an incentive to attend regularly and rewards loyalty.

That is called a season ticket

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
OK, I see your point. But just because you can AFFORD to go to heaps of games, doesn't mean you should get priority over someone who has to limit themselves to one game a month because they just don't have the money. It doesn't mean you love the club any more than anyone else.

Ideally: The more games you go to, the cheaper your tickets are. Gives an incentive to attend regularly and rewards loyalty.

Yes they should.

They are putting more in, whether it be financially or time wise and so when a popular game comes up, they should be the ones that get first dibs on the tickets.

Yoda

English & European
I have said before a system along the lines of how Englandfans operates would be about as fair as it gets, but the club do not want to administer something like that, so you have the situation where season ticket holders get first dibs and then it goes down the line.

Good God! It can't be that difficult can it? I bet I could set up a nice simple easy to use one on and Excel spreadsheet. :glare:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
That is called a season ticket

I mean that without an upfront payment. You would keep your tickets from the previous season, and those who had attended more, would then get pay less every time they bought a ticket for the following season.

This would mean that people who couldn't afford a season ticket could attend when they could, and build up a modest discount which they could then use on a couple of tickets. Whilst those who had attended more could build up more of a discount.

Everyone would have the same priority in the allocation of tickets, but would be rewarded in the price they pay.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I mean that without an upfront payment. You would keep your tickets from the previous season, and those who had attended more, would then get pay less every time they bought a ticket for the following season.

This would mean that people who couldn't afford a season ticket could attend when they could, and build up a modest discount which they could then use on a couple of tickets. Whilst those who had attended more could build up more of a discount.

Everyone would have the same priority in the allocation of tickets, but would be rewarded in the price they pay.

Errr no.

The club seem to have enough issues distributing away tickets, trying to get something like that to work is a non starter.

There are offers run throughout the season and as you are a student, £17 a game seems reasonable enough anyway.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Trouble is a football club needs money more up front than at each game. Players are sometimes purchased at the start of the season - Forster so if you have the money there and then all well and good as opposed to waiting for money per game.

Oct 7, 2006
Eastbourne
Let me know when you're done with the white scheme and I'll start my assault on the blue membership again.

You know, the one where you have to PAY MONEY to be in a queue for away tickets BEHIND season ticket holders, most of whom seemingly have NO INTEREST in AWAY GAMES (see: Orient away, 2007).

A f***ing joke.

correct:thumbsup:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have said before a system along the lines of how Englandfans operates would be about as fair as it gets, but the club do not want to administer something like that, so you have the situation where season ticket holders get first dibs and then it goes down the line.

I would imagine when the smart card ticket comes in, it will be easier to keep tabs on what games have been attended.
What makes it difficult in this league is that quite a few away games are pay on the gate although it does work out cheaper in a lot of cases getting tickets in advance.

Oct 7, 2006
Eastbourne
I would imagine when the smart card ticket comes in, it will be easier to keep tabs on what games have been attended.
What makes it difficult in this league is that quite a few away games are pay on the gate although it does work out cheaper in a lot of cases getting tickets in advance.

Ive still got my jpt millwall stub, does that count?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sure, STHers should be rewarded with first dibs on tickets for HOME cup matches, 10% off at the club shop, discount off next year's season tickets etc

But priority over ALL other fans for AWAY games when they're clearly not interested (even in games like Orient and Gillingham)?!? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
So what exactly is the problem?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

The pay on the gate argument can be got round on the basis that you as a rule get a ticket even when you pay on the gate. If the club were to award loyalty points on away games attended, there is a timescale in which you need to send the ticket stub in from any pay on the gate game to be allocated loyalty points.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
I want to go to a gig to see a band I really like
On day of release I queue to buy my ticket.
If I get one excellent.
If I don't I should have got up earlier or find a way of getting one.

Why should going to an AWAY game, where your team doesn't get any revenue from it anyway be any different?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The pay on the gate argument can be got round on the basis that you as a rule get a ticket even when you pay on the gate. If the club were to award loyalty points on away games attended, there is a timescale in which you need to send the ticket stub in from any pay on the gate game to be allocated loyalty points.

That would be the way to go. Hopefully it will come in with the new technology.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Errr no.

The club seem to have enough issues distributing away tickets, trying to get something like that to work is a non starter.

There are offers run throughout the season and as you are a student, £17 a game seems reasonable enough anyway.

I know. Nothing is a totally great idea. And understandably, you're gonna prefer the option that benefits you the most.

I just find that the priority system benefits the wealthy and discriminates against the less well off. After all; football is *typically* seen as a pastime of the working class, but is increasingly alienating those from lower socio-economic groups.

I don't think ANY student will agree that £17 is reasonable for 90 minutes of 'entertainment'. £17 is the equivalent of my weekly food budget.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If I get one excellent.

Why should going to an AWAY game, where your team doesn't get any revenue from it anyway be any different?

Does your band do 46 plus gigs over a 9 month period of which half are at the same location ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I know. Nothing is a totally great idea. And understandably, you're gonna prefer the option that benefits you the most.

I just find that the priority system benefits the wealthy and discriminates against the less well off. After all; football is *typically* seen as a pastime of the working class, but is increasingly alienating those from lower socio-economic groups.

I don't think ANY student will agree that £17 is reasonable for 90 minutes of 'entertainment'. £17 is the equivalent of my weekly food budget.

Unfortunately Gina that is the way of things. I had years of only going to one or two games a season if I was lucky because a) I lived in Yorkshire and b) I had two kids to bring up.
Now I'm making up for lost time.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
If I get one excellent.

Exactly. It's so much fairer that way.
If you want a ticket bad enough, then you'll camp outside all night.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

I think like anything you have to reward your most loyal customers first and then attract others. Much easier to retain a customer than to find a new one.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Does your band do 46 plus gigs over a 9 month period of which half are at the same location ?

Quite right to point out that it is a poor analogy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here