Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new away membership scheme

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The scheme is an absolute FARCE.

Can someone please explain to me why Season Ticket Holders should get priority for tickets for AWAY games.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Let me know when you're done with the white scheme and I'll start my assault on the blue membership again.

You know, the one where you have to PAY MONEY to be in a queue for away tickets BEHIND season ticket holders, most of whom seemingly have NO INTEREST in AWAY GAMES (see: Orient away, 2007).

A f***ing joke.

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
people seem to think NSC is the life blood of BHAFC.

the registration form was on a thread a few weeks back you silly SILLY boy.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I did try to warn people but as someone said, they could have been away on holiday.

I reckon if you've already applied (as Alex Alex Dawson has) or were away, then email the club and point this out.
I'm sure there is room to negotiate specially when the previous AMS was for life. Don't ring the ticket office as they won't help you.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Why can't things be as simple as good old fashioned first come, first served? People would have to get off their arses to get tickets. If they didn't get them, they only have themselves to blame. None of this stupid priority scheme. No person is better than any other. It's discriminating against those (like myself) who can't afford to be, or would have no use for Gold membership. I assume I got White membership. I posted the form and the cheque last month, but I'm yet to receive any confimation or even have the cheque banked.

Also, under the old away membership scheme, there was probably some small print somewhere stating that the term 'life' referred to the life of the scheme rather than the life of the member.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Why can't things be as simple as good old fashioned first come, first served? People would have to get off their arses to get tickets. If they didn't get them, they only have themselves to blame. None of this stupid priority scheme. No person is better than any other. It's discriminating against those (like myself) who can't afford to be, or would have no use for Gold membership. I assume I got White membership. I posted the form and the cheque last month, but I'm yet to receive any confimation or even have the cheque banked.

Also, under the old away membership scheme, there was probably some small print somewhere stating that the term 'life' referred to the life of the scheme rather than the life of the member.

Simply because loyalty should be rewarded in some way. It is just the club has struggled in how to reward this.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Simply because loyalty should be rewarded in some way. It is just the club has struggled in how to reward this.

Yes, loyalty should be rewarded. But so should the encouragement and promotion of new fans.

Surely those who are loyal are so because of their love of the game and the club, not because of any incentives. Demanding rewards for your loyalty when you see others being deprived is shallow and reinforces some kind of hierarchy where *usually*, the older, more wealthy fans gain more.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Goes back to the old adage tho if you really WANT a ticket you WILL get one!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, loyalty should be rewarded. But so should the encouragement and promotion of new fans.

Surely those who are loyal are so because of their love of the game and the club, not because of any incentives. Demanding rewards for your loyalty when you see others being deprived is shallow and reinforces some kind of hierarchy where *usually*, the older, more wealthy fans gain more.

Why should those that go home and away lose out to those that only go to a few? The club should be rewarding the most loyal of fans, it is how best to do it is the question.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Sure, STHers should be rewarded with first dibs on tickets for HOME cup matches, 10% off at the club shop, discount off next year's season tickets etc

But priority over ALL other fans for AWAY games when they're clearly not interested (even in games like Orient and Gillingham)?!? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sure, STHers should be rewarded with first dibs on tickets for HOME cup matches, 10% off at the club shop, discount off next year's season tickets etc

But priority over ALL other fans for AWAY games when they're clearly not interested (even in games like Orient and Gillingham)?!? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Why so angry as they all won't go therefore there will be enough to go around.

Wait for the glamour tie though - could be different

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

I guess the argument there is that they put a lump into the club on an annual basis and so get up the pecking order on that basis.

I have said before a system along the lines of how Englandfans operates would be about as fair as it gets, but the club do not want to administer something like that, so you have the situation where season ticket holders get first dibs and then it goes down the line.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Why should those that go home and away lose out to those that only go to a few? The club should be rewarding the most loyal of fans, it is how best to do it is the question.

OK, I see your point. But just because you can AFFORD to go to heaps of games, doesn't mean you should get priority over someone who has to limit themselves to one game a month because they just don't have the money. It doesn't mean you love the club any more than anyone else.

Ideally: The more games you go to, the cheaper your tickets are. Gives an incentive to attend regularly and rewards loyalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here