Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new away membership scheme

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Exactly. It's so much fairer that way.
If you want a ticket bad enough, then you'll camp outside all night.
What if you have a job?

Those prepared to travel to somewhere like Carlisle on a Wednesday night should have more priority over someone who attends a home game. As that shows REAL loyalty.
Well for what it's worth I agree that regular away travellers should have some preference, a points scheme including home and away games would seem like the fairest way of doing things.

The point I was making is that Wozza is moaning that season ticket holders DON'T take up all the away tickets. :lol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yeah, Celline Dion is still in Las Vegas:thumbsup:

Point is, an away game is no different to that example though......23 gigs across the country innit

But what pays the wages of said performers? The home games.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I think like anything you have to reward your most loyal customers first and then attract others. Much easier to retain a customer than to find a new one.

Not when your loyal customers have less of a lifetime to spend on the club than the younger ones who usually have longer.

If there was a famine tomorrow; older people shouldn't get priority over food just because they have been eating it longer!

And anyway, the club don't need to worry about these so called "loyal fans" deserting the club just because they don't reward them. If they're that much of a fan, they should attend regardless and embrace the new generation of fans. More emphasis should be put on attracting new people.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So you can afford to go to games if getting tickets is made more attractive? How does that help you afford them?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Not when your loyal customers have less of a lifetime to spend on the club than the younger ones who usually have longer.

If there was a famine tomorrow; older people shouldn't get priority over food just because they have been eating it longer!

And anyway, the club don't need to worry about these so called "loyal fans" deserting the club just because they don't reward them. If they're that much of a fan, they should attend regardless and embrace the new generation of fans. More emphasis should be put on attracting new people.

I am sorry, but the club should be giving its tickets to its most loyal fans first (not saying season ticket holders). You will probably use the excuse that you cannot afford to go to games as you are a student, but when I was at Uni I was still going to far too many games, as did Chris and Rumble was on our away trips whilst he was still at Uni. I guess it depends how much you actually want to go and watch the team.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You know what is this a new Withdean thing?

When we were at the Goldstone STH always had a couple of days (from memory Mon to Weds) for first dibs on away tickerts (if it wasnt pay on the day) before they went on general sale.

Then there was that "membership" scheme for a few years (at the Goldstone) where you got a natty little card and paid an annual subscription (£5 or whatever) and so they could do
STH Mon - Weds, Members Thur & Fri general sale the following Monday.

Personally Im not a STH but I do feel that they should get first dibs. Just my opinion but if they are game enough to stump up £500+ then first dibs on a glamour tie every 2 or 3 years isnt too much to ask!

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes but we STH's put our money up front and pay for the club to be in existance

You non sth oiks should be grateful and pay for our away tickets personally

Oh Christ, HB&B has hacked my account

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Apparantly Gills tickets are for gold members and gold members only. I tried getting one the other day only to be told they were being sent back to gillingham to be sold on the gate.

When I asked how many had been sold they replied 'not many at all'

:censored:

I just called, unsold tickets are available to white members from tomorrow.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I am sorry, but the club should be giving its tickets to its most loyal fans first (not saying season ticket holders). You will probably use the excuse that you cannot afford to go to games as you are a student, but when I was at Uni I was still going to far too many games, as did Chris and Rumble was on our away trips whilst he was still at Uni. I guess it depends how much you actually want to go and watch the team.

Are you trying to say that people in my position should weigh up the cost of going to an away game (if they can actually get a ticket for it) against the cost of their degree? I am willing to sacrifice some weekends to go to games, but not all of them. Even Paul said that my education should come first. I'm not going to screw up my degree just to look like a dedicated fan and get taken more seriously by the "loyal bunch". Some people have more important things than notching up a 100% attendance record at away games. I would be sorely disappointed if I graduated with a 2:2 or a 3rd knowing full well that the time I had spent every weekend watching football could have been better spent studying.

I don't know what some of these so called 'loyal fans' are trying to prove. My boyfriend included. It doesn't make you look cool. You only earn respect among fellow fans.

If I didn't attend Church every Sunday, it doesn't make me any less committed to God. I see football in the same way. I go when I can. And just becuase that's not every week, doesn't mean that I love Tommy Fraser any less.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You have to reward loyalty in some format otherwise a revenue strem will disappear - simple business

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here