Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new away membership scheme

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
But when a game like that comes around even if EVERY season ticket holder goes there are still going to be more available, hence the blue membership.

Depends on the away capacity.

Regardless, blue membership (£30 a season!) doesn't guarantee you a ticket.

Knowing a gold member who doesn't want to go (free!) does. :thud:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yeah, and that system isn't fair on everyone. To earn loyalty, I would have to sacrifice other areas of my life.

Which is what you do when you follow a team - takes up quite a lot of your spare time

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Good God! It can't be that difficult can it? I bet I could set up a nice simple easy to use one on and Excel spreadsheet. :glare:

apparently it is surprisingly difficult. we had loyalty points at leeds until two season ago. issuing tickets from those with the most points down was a complete nightmare. we provided the software to leeds before they went to talentarena and it was as simplified as possible but still difficult to implement and needed more people to work on it on a per game basis (so much so it was never really used) than the first come first served we have now (though it's not strictly first come first served, season ticket holders get 85% of away tickets, the remainder go to members)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Knowing gold member who doesn't want to go (free!) does. :thud:

What this chap?

goldmember.jpg

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
if you want to see any game we play,you will get tickets,thats if you REALLY want to,their are loads of ways and im sure if most on here tried REALLY hard they would,instead of whingin on and on about how hard done by they are by the club ,get over it and get a life,its boring.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Welcome to the weird world of following a football team....

Sorry but sacrificing my education / family / sex life to earn loyalty is just VERY sad. Every other weekend I see the man I love travel round the country, getting pissed and being a loyal fan. I would so love to be with him, but I have other more important commitments. Working to earn a small amount of money being one of them. Or maybe knowing that standing up for hours on end will put me in severe pain the next day.

Fine, maybe I'm not dedicated enough to earn priority. But I still have a life, and I know where my priorities lie. Just because I can't make it to as many games, doesn't mean that I love the club any less than anyone else. In fact, last season, I would spend what little money I had on travelling back from Wales to go to home games and deliberately decieve my parents as to my whereabouts. Maybe you would argue that if I was really loyal, I would have lowered my educational aspirations and gone to a local university. I'm not prepared to do that. And I object to being treated as a lower class of fan for this reason.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
if you want to see any game we play,you will get tickets,thats if you REALLY want to,their are loads of ways and im sure if most on here tried REALLY hard they would,instead of whingin on and on about how hard done by they are by the club ,get over it and get a life,its boring.

Why do you keep coming back to the thread then?! :jester:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007

Sure they would - if they had the money / contacts.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I don't call time I spend working / studying my spare time.

But when you have finished education watching the Albion will be using your spare time up

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Even though I am a GOLD MEMBER, I don't anticipate ever really making use if it as most of my mates are only white members so I will get a ticket with them when we can get them all together as opposed to me getting one and hoping they do as well or I'll be going on my own.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Can't believe what a joke this club is:angry:they do there best to put fans off and make life difficult grrrrrr.The club can stick there £10 up there arse.We get ripped off constantly by the board yet we keep the club going not them.No loyalty to fans these days:angry:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I went to order Gills tickets today and I notice there's a new scheme in place.

So I rang the ticket office and they told me that each member has to pay £10 a pop to rejoin, now this may have already been discussed on here but that is disgraceful!!!!

I was also told that a "white" application form is on the website...where is it, I can't find it.

I really do despair with this club sometimes :(

A bit of sense from the club at last. We had far too many away members registered with the club who only came out of the woodwork for the glory games anyway. Now if they make it renewable every season it will sort out the true fans from the glory hunters.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
A bit of sense from the club at last. We had far too many away members registered with the club who only came out of the woodwork for the glory games anyway. Now if they make it renewable every season it will sort out the true fans from the glory hunters.
Just remember who will keep falmer ticking over???
This isn't glory huntiung shite as that happens when we get a premiership team away and not a league 1 team which this membership is for:glare:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry but sacrificing my education / family / sex life to earn loyalty is just VERY sad. Every other weekend I see the man I love travel round the country, getting pissed and being a loyal fan. I would so love to be with him, but I have other more important commitments. Working to earn a small amount of money being one of them. Or maybe knowing that standing up for hours on end will put me in severe pain the next day.

Fine, maybe I'm not dedicated enough to earn priority. But I still have a life, and I know where my priorities lie. Just because I can't make it to as many games, doesn't mean that I love the club any less than anyone else. In fact, last season, I would spend what little money I had on travelling back from Wales to go to home games and deliberately decieve my parents as to my whereabouts. Maybe you would argue that if I was really loyal, I would have lowered my educational aspirations and gone to a local university. I'm not prepared to do that. And I object to being treated as a lower class of fan for this reason.

Oh well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i do hope you're joking. with out the infrequent fans and "glory hunters" its going to be very empty at Falmer.

im pretty ticked off that they didnt even bother to send a letter to AMS members to tell them about the new set up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here