Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Albion Logo

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Just seen this thread. Thanks for all the support.. It means a lot to hear that so many fans like my design. As I've mentioned on another thread today, back in the Spring I emailed and posted my designs to several people at the club. Unfortunately I didn't recieve a reply. I just wish the club would listen to the fans on this.

Fair play not using your design (Although I would cos it's f***ing amazing) but for them to ignore you and your e-mails all together is a joke and quite frankly rather rude. Just a 'thank you for your interest in the matter' or something along those lines would be the least they could do.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Perfect. That's where it goes wrong

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Fair play not using your design (Although I would cos it's f***ing amazing) but for them to ignore you and your e-mails all together is a joke and quite frankly rather rude. Just a 'thank you for your interest in the matter' or something along those lines would be the least they could do.

Club are f***ing rude though. They never reply to letters. Ken the ghost brown was appointed head of ignoring fans. You are not alone and it's going to get worse the more corporate we become. Actually that's impossible unless the club actually reply saying "just to let you know we're ignoring you"

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
although mayfair's design is fantastic i feel a new era needs a completeley new badge,whatever ideas the club have though the design needs fan input.
perhaps the awnser is to design half a dozen badges the club are happy with then allow all fans on the ticket database to vote for the winner

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
LB, as you can see from the vast majority of the comments on this thread and the thread(s!!) when Mayfair first did this, his designs are loved and they really shouldn't die on an internet forum - they should be brought to the attention of the Club. I don't think there's many with a closer link to the Club on this forum than you? So can you put these designs to the Club on behalf of the NSC members?

LB, Insider, anyone there...?

:bounce:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Bring back the round badge and keep it blue and white. Love Mayfair's design but would ditch the gold lettering - or is that supposed to be yellow?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
1) Yep Mayfair's designs are great.

2) Can we please stop all references to it being a logo. It's the club crest or badge.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Bring back the round badge and keep it blue and white. Love Mayfair's design but would ditch the gold lettering - or is that supposed to be yellow?

Agree 100% - very retro 1970s and I loved that badge ... although I do like the gold border

Drop the gold outer wording and drop in 1901 in blue on the bottom between Brighton and Albion.

No need for Seagulls - the one in the middle gives it away
No need for Sussex - we know here it is
No need for the Martlets - already utilised by other Sussex clubs

I think the yellow inclusion was used during the 80's (?) on scarves and things and defined our full set of colours - would be nice to see it back.

HCQ

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe I'm being a bit slow here or something but how is the round one suddenly "Mayfair's design"?

Apart from the yellow letters round the outside, it's basically the badge we wore for the whole of the 1980s, is it not? ???

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How about we have NO badge, that would really screw up sky sports when they show team sheets, replays, etc. :)

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
gets my vote. anything new MUST be very similar to the classic round badge, an updated version would do the job.

We don't need something completely new. We are a club with a rich and varied history... it's okay to look back AND celebrate the new. We just need to re-introduce our proper badge, with a few tweaks as suggested by Mr Mayfair, and away we go.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

brigton.gif

Vintage!

200th post aswell - seems appropriate

Oct 11, 2005
London
Oh.

Doesn't look any different to me, apart from a yellow trim.

My design is indeed a reworked version of the original 1980's badge. It is a similar excercise to that carried out by Man Utd and other global clubs in recent years.. difference being, I've offered to do it for the Albion for free.

I've redrawn the seagull to make it look slimmer and fitter. I've added a colour blend in the centre, introduced rings as a trim and also developed the option to use gold lettering around the edges.. this is just an option and wouldn't always need to be used. However when certain sub-brands need communicating, this device would come into its own - please think about this Lord B, if you're our representative, please think about the brand marque's actual purpose moving forward.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like the "Good Old Sussex By The Sea" touch.

There's a hell of a lot of fans who come from outside Brighton and Hove, so the "Sussex" bit connects with them, while the reference to the club song works well, a bit like "You'll Never Walk Alone" does with Liverpool.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
what would people think if we got something similar to the new cheltenham / morcambe / notts badges?

crest-2010.jpg

Morecambe_FC_New_Logo_Fat_Media.jpg

0,,10426~3214245,00.jpg

obviously blue and white with a bird in it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here