Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Albion Logo

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
but what a great exercise this focus group meeting has been! we're all now very clear that the old hangers-on have been well-and-truly retained by the new order, and i'm pleased for them.

That's a ****ish thing to say. I hope you enjoy that fantastic new stadium all those "hangers on" worked so hard to get. I doubt they'd have bothered if that's how their efforts were to be summed up.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
You can shove your focus group, and your design consultants...

Mayfair Seagull has done all the work. Just about EVERYONE loves it. Job done.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Albion's 'new' badge - North Stand Chat

That shirt is A MAAAAAZING!!!!!!!!!
:drool::bowdown::thumbsup::albion1::rave:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
For me, the very problem with engaging an outside agency to re-brand a company / organisation, is that they will feel that they need to justify their cost by doing something RADICAL.

Often far more RADICAL than is actually required.

Lets just accept for argument's sake that either the old round badge or the current badge are the best available option.

KSS [or anyone else] can't spend months 'working on it', present an invoice for tens of thousands of pounds, then tell the club that their expert opinion is to 'leave it as it is', can they?

As such they feel compelled to reject the OBVIOUS [whether right or wrong] and come up with a 2012 / Morecambe Shrimp / Bournemouth / Fulham disaster.

100% accurate. Christ, this issue is uniting the fans like a Lancashire businessman

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Tony for christs sake get a grip of this farce.Are their seriously people on here who prefer the new cheap logo to the smart round classic?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think the club are being ridiculous over this whole issue. If we the fans don't get the badge we want they can just stick their shiny new stadium up their arse as far as I'm concerned. After all we've been through this SNUB is nothing short of an utter disgrace!:rant:

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
The Club really does need to comment on this. Its alright for Perry to say its just an internet forum but its currently the most popular medium by which fans voice their opinions.

To not respond to Mayfair's designs is ignorant and rude, especially considering the support it has here.

Again, I welcome Insider to comment....? But I won't hold my breath. Lord Bracknell, can you forward this to the powers that be, or the chair the The Chosen Ones meeting on wed?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Club really does need to comment on this. Its alright for Perry to say its just an internet forum but its currently the most popular medium by which fans voice their opinions.

To not respond to Mayfair's designs is ignorant and rude, especially considering the support it has here.

Again, I welcome Insider to comment....? But I won't hold my breath. Lord Bracknell, can you forward this to the powers that be, or the chair the The Chosen Ones meeting on wed?

Totally agree the clubs SILENCE is a SCANDAL. We need a statement and we need it NOW!:rant:

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

Totally agree. This site can spout some shit at times but it's clear this design has alot of support and should be taken into consideration at the very least.

I'm sure the Club is aware of the furore already. It's for them to respond (or not).

I'm a South Stand ticket holder. It's unlikely today that I'll see any of the powers that be. Besides which, I'm not a spokesperson for NSC (or any other group of fans). To read some of the posts on NSC, I've only every been a "hanger on" anyway.

And that's a curious thing. Since, whilst, apparently, being "well-and-truly retained by the new order" I am also, apparently, "bitter" that the new regime shuts me out.

I'm mainly intending to watch a football match today and hope for a convincing win.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
I'm sure the Club is aware of the furore already. It's for them to respond (or not).

I'm a South Stand ticket holder. It's unlikely today that I'll see any of the powers that be. Besides which, I'm not a spokesperson for NSC (or any other group of fans). To read some of the posts on NSC, I've only every been a "hanger on" anyway.

And that's a curious thing. Since, whilst, apparently, being "well-and-truly retained by the new order" I am also, apparently, "bitter" that the new regime shuts me out.

I'm mainly intending to watch a football match today and hope for a convincing win.

LB, you know as well as I do that there is a hell of a lot of dross on this board but from time to time a decent debate/idea is raised. I, as well as many others, believe this is one.

If you feel it's not something you can help with then fair enough, enjoy the game. But if you get to chance to raise this with anyone who has some clout a lot of us would appreciate it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Everything about the Mayfair design is just superb IMHO. The elegant gold, the use of white space, the absence of red, the 'Est. 1901' and 'Sussex' lettering. Even the seagull looks leaner and meaner. Makes the current seagull look like a plump partridge. And makes the current badge look like a turkey.

LB, you know as well as I do that there is a hell of a lot of dross on this board but from time to time a decent debate/idea is raised. I, as well as many others, believe this is one.

If you feel it's not something you can help with then fair enough, enjoy the game. But if you get to chance to raise this with anyone who has some clout a lot of us would appreciate it.
OK. Will do.

But, as I said earlier, I am CERTAIN that they are already aware of the furore.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I can't believe the anger about this.

Yes, I'd want the badge to be something that I personally like but in my list of Albion priorities it comes way down the list.

A fantastic new stadium, and, hopefully a team playing attractive, promotion-winning football...the badge design won't make the slightest difference one way or another to either of those.

Yes, I like Mayfair's designs (except the yellow/gold bits!), and the club should have at least acknowledged the effort he put into them, but that doesn't mean that there aren't better alternatives out there somewhere. And when the club chooses its final design there will be some who like it and some who don't.

And even if I hate it, I won't throw my toys out of the pram because I know that, if they had chosen a design I loved, someone else would have hated it. They are never going to please all of us.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Everything about the Mayfair design is just superb IMHO. The elegant gold, the use of white space, the absence of red, the 'Est. 1901' and 'Sussex' lettering. Even the seagull looks leaner and meaner. Makes the current seagull look like a plump partridge. And makes the current badge look like a turkey.
Agreed. Agreed with brass knobs on. Mayfair's elegant re-working of a design classic is truly masterful. I'm willing to bet that whatever the club (or rather KSS) do will be shit in comparison. It will have swooshes and shades and outlines and will look horribly dated in five years' time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here