• Crystal Palace

Votes: 178 84.8%
  • other

Votes: 32 15.2%

• Total voters

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I find Palace odious and Reading nauseous. The only league clubs that I don't dislike are Wrexham and Doncaster Rovers, for reasons known to all Albion fans.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
You dont need to be over 40 to hate the scum...Im 18 and f***ing hate them. Ive encountered enough of them on my away travels through that northern wasteland to know theyre scum of the earth. Any Brighton fan that says otherwise needs to sort their life out :angry:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
butchy said:
You dont need to be over 40 to hate the scum...Im 18 and f***ing hate them. Ive encountered enough of them on my away travels through that northern wasteland to know theyre scum of the earth. Any Brighton fan that says otherwise needs to sort their life out :angry:

Northern Wasteland?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
butchy said:

And so much hate for a little pup :lolol: ;)

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Dave the Gaffer said:
I dont actually "hate" palace as I have many mates who are palace fans, its just rivallry thats all. maybe 20 years ago,!!

Again I dont actually hate anyone, being on the south coast, you are not near enough any teams to really get involved in that, like say West Brom and Wolves who are 10 miles apart, or City and United, Forest and County, Arsenal and Spurs, Plymouth and Exeter......plus its a bit daft having a rival that is so much better than you that you never get to play them.

At a push, I dislike West Ham most, but that goes back to bad experiences in the 70's and 80's.
dave! plymouth and exeter are the same distance apart as us and the scum!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Stioke for me because we beat palace every now and then and its bloody cold in Stoke all the time

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Gwylan said:
Actually, not many old blokes above 45 hate Palace. We had no real rivalry with Palace until the mid-70s. Fans in the 60s would have been bemused at the idea that Palace were our biggest rivals.

It's partly for that reason that I can never buy into this idea that we should 'hate' Palace - it's an artificially created rivalry by more recent Brighton supporters. Portsmouth and, er Fulham were seen as much bigger rivals before then.

Not strictly true my friend. I'm 55 and I f***ing hate Palarse . I'll agree that prior to 1974 Portsmouth were probably our biggest rivals , but during the second half of the '70's the games between the Albion and Palarse sparked a loathing that will never be forgotten by me and many Brighton fans of a similar age.
I suspect that plenty of Palarse fans in their late 40's and early 50's feel the same towards us.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Stinky Kat said:
Stioke for me because we beat palace every now and then and its bloody cold in Stoke all the time

the sodding wind gets through that away stand making it freezing to watch a game, and last time i was there they ran out of pies :angry:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Gwylan said:

I have a lot of time for clubs like Palace, local clubs that maintain a fan-base despite the competing claims of bigger clubs close by. The two teams I hate the most are Manure and Chelski - no other teams come close to them.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I hate Chelssi more than any other - always have done, even before Abramovic and Mourinho!

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Maybe the reason we hate palace is has anyone ever caught up with one?:lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
sams dad said:
Not strictly true my friend. I'm 55 and I f***ing hate Palarse . I'll agree that prior to 1974 Portsmouth were probably our biggest rivals , but during the second half of the '70's the games between the Albion and Palarse sparked a loathing that will never be forgotten by me and many Brighton fans of a similar age.
I suspect that plenty of Palarse fans in their late 40's and early 50's feel the same towards us.

But you agree that it emerged from nothing. I'm not sure that it started after the Challis match - there was a bit of an edge before that - but that was the flashpoint.

However, I remember that we went to that game with a Palace fan whom we met on the way and were chatting amicably in the tube with a bunch of them. There was no sign of hate then.

It kicked off a bit after that but it died down for a while only to emerge again.

That's what I mean about it being artificial, it's not like Rangers and Celtic or Arsenal and Spurs which seem long-standing rivalries.

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
Gwylan said:
Actually, not many old blokes above 45 hate Palace. We had no real rivalry with Palace until the mid-70s. Fans in the 60s would have been bemused at the idea that Palace were our biggest rivals.

It's partly for that reason that I can never buy into this idea that we should 'hate' Palace - it's an artificially created rivalry by more recent Brighton supporters. Portsmouth and, er Fulham were seen as much bigger rivals before then.

I have a lot of time for clubs like Palace, local clubs that maintain a fan-base despite the competing claims of bigger clubs close by. The two teams I hate the most are Manure and Chelski - no other teams come close to them.

Dont really get this - we were in the same division as Pompey just twice between 60/61 and 75/76 and with Fulham just three times in the same period - whilst there may have been an edge to these games coz of 'local' rivalries and a bit of aggro it hardly smacks of some intense football rivalry.

However the Palace thing started with the 76/77 and 77/78 seasons plus the Allison/Mullery FA cup 2nd replay at Stamford Bridge and the off-field violence that went with these and has continued through up to our last meetings - pubs trashed in Croydon etc - THAT is why our most hated club is the Palace scum!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here