• other

Votes: 32 15.2%

• Total voters

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
brightonbluenose said:
Dont really get this - we were in the same division as Pompey just twice between 60/61 and 75/76 and with Fulham just three times in the same period - whilst there may have been an edge to these games coz of 'local' rivalries and a bit of aggro it hardly smacks of some intense football rivalry.

However the Palace thing started with the 76/77 and 77/78 seasons plus the Allison/Mullery FA cup 2nd replay at Stamford Bridge and the off-field violence that went with these and has continued through up to our last meetings - pubs trashed in Croydon etc - THAT is why our most hated club is the Palace scum!!

But from our point of view the rivalry has diluted cos we are fed up with waiting to play you more than twice every ten years!

:lolol:

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
SJ's Love Monkey said:
But from our point of view the rivalry has diluted cos we are fed up with waiting to play you more than twice every ten years!

Is that why you still sing songs about hating us?

Come on I bet you've been a VERY naughty boy and joined in havent you?!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
brightonbluenose said:
Is that why you still sing songs about hating us?

Come on I bet you've been a VERY naughty boy and joined in havent you?!!

Come off it they're Palarse fans and obviously too stupid to learn new ones. :lolol:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Gwylan said:
But you agree that it emerged from nothing. I'm not sure that it started after the Challis match - there was a bit of an edge before that - but that was the flashpoint.

However, I remember that we went to that game with a Palace fan whom we met on the way and were chatting amicably in the tube with a bunch of them. There was no sign of hate then.

It kicked off a bit after that but it died down for a while only to emerge again.

That's what I mean about it being artificial, it's not like Rangers and Celtic or Arsenal and Spurs which seem long-standing rivalries.

I hated them long before the Challis match. There was a night game when the away fans used to get the South Stand terracing & they were kicking off down there. A guy got beaten up in his wheelchair.
Millwall were big rivals in the early to late 70's as well, when we played them there was a great atmosphere.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
smudge said:
I hated them long before the Challis match. There was a night game when the away fans used to get the South Stand terracing & they were kicking off down there. A guy got beaten up in his wheelchair.
Millwall were big rivals in the early to late 70's as well, when we played them there was a great atmosphere.
I agree that matches against Millwall always had an "edge" , but I don't hate them. I've always saved my unreserved loathing for those twats from Shithurst Park.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
BY Brighton - it's easily Palace , no ifs , buts or maybes with that
BY Myself - i hate United more , yes Palace have spawned ****s of the highest order with Johnson and Jordan but thats a drip in the Oceon compared with the red shits record..

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Braders said:
BY Brighton - it's easily Palace , no ifs , buts or maybes with that
BY Myself - i hate United more , yes Palace have spawned ****s of the highest order with Johnson and Jordan but thats a drip in the Oceon compared with the red shits record..

Why is Johnson a **** as you so eloquently put it? Oh i get it you are on the 'he is a diver' bandwagon?

:lol: :bowdown:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
bhaexpress said:
Come off it they're Palarse fans and obviously too stupid to learn new ones. :lolol:

You weren't born too far from Selhurst Park was you bha? Oh come on tell the story again about how by the grace of God your parents moved to the living heaven that is Sussex, saving you from the mean streets of South Norwood and Sydenham!

:O :yawn: ;)

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
SJ's Love Monkey said:
You weren't born too far from Selhurst Park was you bha? Oh come on tell the story again about how by the grace of God your parents moved to the living heaven that is Sussex, saving you from the mean streets of South Norwood and Sydenham!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
SJ's Love Monkey said:

You have a point:lolol: thought it was twice every 12 years:lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
SJ's Love Monkey said:

Just because you're the Penge Pervert :lolol: :ohmy:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm waiting to be the Seaford Sexagenarian. :love:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
SJ's Love Monkey said:
The Norwood Nonce as it happens, get it right! :D :blush:

I have lived in both West and South Norwood, I'm still having therapy because of it :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here