Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee calls for patience - again

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
The rot set in a while back, time to make changes before it results in another season of struggle.

Not necessarily

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
BarrelofFun said:
McGhee lost key players and the backbone of the team has been pretty much wrenched out.

So onto the black issue again....:nono: That is called a character assasination and slur. Nice one.

"he way he deals with anyone with a bit of flair..." I can think of better ways to describe someone like Leon or CKR, who clearly did not put in enough effort....

Mcghee has an inability to cope with players who dont toe the line, yeah ok so leon may have been a bit of a nob- but im pretty sure we we're all queuing up to suck his cock when he scored a barrel load of goals for us.

You used to hang out at the training ground did you? watch the effort they put in?

during games it looked like leon and CKR didnt give a shit, but they had the skills, a decent boss would have been able to cope with their egos and mould them into good professionals- MCGHEE DOESNT HAVE A CLUE.

And how can you aviod the race issue? imagine your boss falling out with every black colleague, surely you'd question his motives?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
bristolseagull said:
Mcghee has an inability to cope with players who dont toe the line, yeah ok so leon may have been a bit of a nob- but im pretty sure we we're all queuing up to suck his cock when he scored a barrel load of goals for us.

You used to hang out at the training ground did you? watch the effort they put in? I was talking about their efforts in matches – which did not match the work rate of all the other players in the team. I specifically highlighted Leon and CKR as it was in those that it was most evident. Leon got away with it the league below, but got found out in the Championship

during games it looked like leon and CKR didnt give a shit, but they had the skills, a decent boss would have been able to cope with their egos and mould them into good professionals- MCGHEE DOESNT HAVE A CLUE. So skilful and such good players that neither excelled in the championship?

And how can you aviod the race issue? imagine your boss falling out with every black colleague, surely you'd question his motives? One probably would, but Leon has shown us what sort of a person he was. Kuipers has apologised and returned to the fold. CKR – little snipe. Jarrett – deemed not good enough. But do we really need all these not-so-subtle intimations that McGhee is racist (which is obviously a pile of crap from the usual shit stirrers). If you really think this then why don’t you write to Dick Knight – We know that he is a man of scruples and would not put up with a racist manager. Unless of course. He is racist too! Genius!! :dunce:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
You obviously watch something very different to me or willing to accept the current situation too easily.

Things havent been great on the pitch but whats to say the form of the first few games won't return. I am willing to give it 2 more games. Not sure why giving it 2 more games is so bad this early in the season.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Whats the point of 2 more games? we might beat millwall and lose to bmuff- doesnt mean mcghee should stay!

he is incompetent, cannot motivate the players, and is totally passionless, he must go noe to give us a chance for the rest of the season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Les Biehn said:
Not sure why giving it 2 more games is so bad this early in the season.

Because early season results dont matter

;)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
bristolseagull said:

he is incompetent, cannot motivate the players, and is totally passionless, he must go noe to give us a chance for the rest of the season.

I think the response to this is wages, stadium, facilities :bla: :bla: :bla:

Uncle Buck said:
These players were causing issues as a group and McGhee was unfortunate with this and some of the blame lays with the players, however some of the blame must lie with the coaching staff as they allowed this group of players to become disruptive and this should have been nipped in the bud.

"Nipped it in the bud"?

How? Fining them? Suspending them? Selling them earlier?

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
Well previous regimes were able to habour a decent dressing room spirit without major cliques appearing, McGhee allowed a clique to appear that was very disruptive.

I repeat, how could he have stopped that? I've suggested some things he could have done, what's your suggestions? Do you have any? Or are you, as usual, just looking to score some cheap anti-McGhee points?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You know that bit on the Simpsons where there is the cartoon, the Itchy and Scratchy Show

Well you two are like that.

Oh yes you are

Yes indeedy

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
I repeat, how could he have stopped that? I've suggested some things he could have done, what's your suggestions? Do you have any? Or are you, as usual, just looking to score some cheap anti-McGhee points?

As soon as it was obvious that issues were arising trying to rectify them would have been a plan. Or maybe it was because players did not feel included and dissent appears.

Try and corner me all you want, at the end of the day it was obvious a clique of players were causing issues last season and the club did the correct thing moving the ring leaders on, but could this have been avoided if the management had taken care of it at its beginning?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here