Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee calls for patience - again

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Les Biehn said:
So if I took a shot gun to the rest of the office staff its my managers faultt because he can't control me?

No that would just make you a mass murderer. I know you said yesterday you was bored with your job but wanting to shoot all your office staff is a bit extreme Les.

Anyway I dont know what guns have got to do with McGhee, unless players have been running around the training ground threatening to shoot each other & we hav'nt been told about it?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Some difference between people in a job that requires education and people in football, where a number of them have minimal qualifications though.

Yeah, they are less easy to deal with when they are less intelligent.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
British Bulldog said:
No that would just make you a mass murderer. I know you said yesterday you was bored with your job but wanting to shoot all your office staff is a bit extreme Les.

Anyway I dont know what guns have got to do with McGhee, unless players have been running around the training ground threatening to shoot each other & we hav'nt been told about it?

Slightly avoided the point behind the statement there Bulldog.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
H block said:
I dont think MM signed Knight but still a fair point.
You cannot sign a useless big twat with attitude and then turn round to the fans and say I`m sorry ``How was I to know he was a useless big twat with attitude``

Even more so when he signed him before at Millwall

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Les Biehn said:
When you put it like that. I think this is probably the most decent post I have ever seen you do TMLS.

:kiss:

I have said this on many occasions! Hence Magoo OUT :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Buck said:
Some difference between people in a job that requires education and people in football, where a number of them have minimal qualifications though.
I know what you mean but I honestly don't think there's that great a difference, apart obviously from in the vocabulary that gets deployed: I've seen managers at my old place of work "lose the dressing room" completely by acting like spineless wimps towards people who were clearly trouble from the minute they set foot in the place. Of course, sooner or later these troublemakers inevitably leave - in their minds, they're far too good for whichever employer they're with.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
It comes down to some players need to be dealt with in a different manner, a one size fits all does not always work, especially if the players have issues to start with.

So how comes shit behavour from players is excusable but managers not being able to handle perfectly is inexcusable?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
patience he is having a laugh !time to f*** off mcghee :angry:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Les Biehn said:
So how comes shit behavour from players is excusable but managers not being able to handle perfectly is inexcusable?

I dont think its the not being able to handle it. Its a case of MM bleating to his mate Naylor and therefore any 'issues' not being kept in house. I'm sure that doesnt help.

Dirty laundry in public etc etc

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:

Neither is acceptable, but is it acceptable that there has clearly been a dressing room issue and yet it was allowed to run? McGhee did the right thing to get rid of the troublemakers, but if he had reacted to it earlier maybe things would have been better.

Also how can somebody like Coppell get the best out of Knight and yet McGhee be incapable of managing him?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Neither is acceptable, but is it acceptable that there has clearly been a dressing room issue and yet it was allowed to run? McGhee did the right thing to get rid of the troublemakers, but if he had reacted to it earlier maybe things would have been better.

Also how can somebody like Coppell get the best out of Knight and yet McGhee be incapable of managing him?

I just want to get this clear, I am in total agreement that McGhee is not the best man manager, he seems to make some ricks with players but I don't know why the majority of the time the blame is almost soley laid at his door.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Les Biehn said:
Slightly avoided the point behind the statement there Bulldog.

Any managers job is not just to manage people but to manage situations as well. Any manager who is good at his job should be able to identify a problem and deal with it before it gets out of hand. The way to do that is to be firm, fair and friendly. Once a situation gets out of hand it's just a sign that the manager has lost control, so a large portion of blame has to fall with the manager for failing to do his job.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Les Biehn said:

problem is mcghee has turned a reasonble team into a bunch of useless twats. He doesnt have aclue, his substitutions smack of incompetence and the way he deals with anyone with a bit of flair(or black) is disgraceful.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I just want to get this clear, I am in total agreement that McGhee is not the best man manager, he seems to make some ricks with players but I don't know why the majority of the time the blame is almost soley laid at his door.

With regards to the player issues last year there was a disruptive clique. He has to take some blame as do Booker and White, for allowing things to go as far as they did.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
With regards to the player issues last year there was a disruptive clique. He has to take some blame as do Booker and White, for allowing things to go as far as they did.

and bringing 3 off the players in, they knew Mccammon had issues at Millwall as did Jarrett at MK Dons

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The only way to deal with real trouble-makers is to get rid ASAP. But if McGhee had got rid of, say, Leon Knight early on before we'd all realised what a complete little twunt he was, he'd have been utterly slated by some for that too.

I'm well beyond defending the bloke too - unfortunately our shite results are digging his grave for him at the moment more effectively than any campaign by a bunch of blokes of varying intelligence on some website ever could - but I'll also maintain that he's been very unfairly treated by some throughout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here