Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee calls for patience - again

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My main problem with McGhee is that he cannnot seem to control the players that we really want to be watching. Knight and CKR if allowed to play their natural games and play how they are comfortable playing could really damage teams. For some reason they became disillusioned and pissed off (for lack of a better word) and the dressing room began to split. There must be more od an explanation than 'ooh they were gobby little shits'.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I do think MM's tactics didn't help getting the best out of these players. But I don't think Knight was ever well liked by anyone. Unless your name was Albert Jarrett.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In respect of youngsters he has a point, however the main issue I think is the problem with our "older/experienced " players like Chippy and Hammond who I think certainly in hammonds case patience is very definately wearing thin.

We win the next two matches and I suppose it will all be alright again

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My main gripe with MM is that he is a clueless ****.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Les Biehn said:
Does noone else think we have been a bit unlucky with certainly players, Knight, McCammon, Jarrett and CKR all have a history of causing some form of trouble at other clubs. He should have vetted these players better but I don't think it is as one sided as people like to make out.

I agree. The blame must lie with the club/staff as a whole. It is not just down to McGhee to sort this out. He has been very unlucky in that respect. I honestly don't think this would put players off joining the club.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BarrelofFun said:
I agree. The blame must lie with the club/staff as a whole. It is not just down to McGhee to sort this out. He has been very unlucky in that respect. I honestly don't think this would put players off joining the club.

I should think it would positively encourage players who have met Knight.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BarrelofFun said:

Players wanting to leave due to mis-management will always put players of joining the club.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Players wanting to leave due to mis-management will always put players of joining the club.
If I gave you 4 grown men, who have untold money, had been told since they were teenagers they were great and who have the brains of 15 yr olds do you think you would do a decent job of keeping them in check.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Les Biehn said:
If I gave you 4 grown men, who have untold money, had been told since they were teenagers they were great and who have the brains of 15 yr olds do you think you would do a decent job of keeping them in check.

All part of a managers job is'nt it? If he cant do it he's in the wrong job

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
BarrelofFun said:
I agree. The blame must lie with the club/staff as a whole. It is not just down to McGhee to sort this out.

Not willing to accept that.

The club bent over backwards to pander to Knight, tried to help him with his bankrupcy and even allowed him extra time off.

Its just a case of moneygrabbing little braindead wankers who think they should be in the first team week in week out regardless of form etc etc.

Dont think for one minute we are unique, many clubs are having similar problems with players without respect who think clubs should be structured round them, and their little gangs they create round themselves.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
British Bulldog said:
All part of a managers job is'nt it? If he cant do it he's in the wrong job

So if I took a shot gun to the rest of the office staff its my managers faultt because he can't control me?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Rougvie said:
Not willing to accept that.

The club bent over backwards to pander to Knight, tried to help him with his bankrupcy and even allowed him extra time off.

Its just a case of moneygrabbing little braindead wankers who think they should be in the first team week in week out regardless of form etc etc.

Dont think for one minute we are unique, many clubs are having similar problems with players without respect who think clubs should be structured round them, and their little gangs they create round themselves.

I meant that if you are going to blame anyone for this and not the players in question, then the club as a whole rather than just McGhee. I blame the players personally.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Les Biehn said:
So if I took a shot gun to the rest of the office staff its my managers faultt because he can't control me?
According to some vegetables on here, your acting like that would be something that "should have been managed differently".

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think the general consensus is that MM was RIGHT to ship out the bad eggs. But I also feel he could start an argument in an empty room.

But what baffles me is the tactics, substitutions, players out of position, continual playing of injured/out of form players, strange first team choices, a team that doesnt seem motivated, gash set pieces (last season), unfit players, saying some games dont matter etc etc. Sorry but that IS down to the manager.

And you cant blame wages, stadium, facilities for THAT.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I think the general consensus is that MM was RIGHT to ship out the bad eggs. But I also feel he could start an argument in an empty room.

But what baffles me is the tactics, substitutions, players out of position, continual playing of injured/out of form players, strange first team choices, a team that doesnt seem motivated, gash set pieces (last season), unfit players etc etc. Sorry but that IS down to the manager.

When you put it like that. I think this is probably the most decent post I have ever seen you do TMLS.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Man of Harveys said:
According to some vegetables on here, your acting like that would be something that "should have been managed differently".
]

How do you control the uncontrolable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here