Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee and Booker GONE!!!! [Merged Threads]

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Dick Knight will be on Southern FM after the 08.30 news to explain all apparently.

Stumpy Tim

Lego-Stand said:
Wilkins as interim manager does not fill me with confidence.
DK has an excellent track record at picking managers he must get the next choice right....

p.s. thanks for the 3 good memories Magoo

Swindon
Bristol
Ipswich

p.p.s good luck Booker

Palace, Forest, West Ham, Leicster away games??

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Nicky Shit Shovelling just said Southern FM after the 8.30 news.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I was shocked this morning. Woken up by the f***ing hairdryer... turn on Sky Sports news to see it as the breaking news in yellow at the bottom.

Not the worst news ever mind! :lolol:

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
McGhee sacked
By Andy Naylor

Brighton and Hove Albion manager Mark McGhee has parted company with the club.

The Argus today exclusively reveals that McGhee has left the Seagulls, together with his assistant Bob Booker.

First team coach Dean White and chief scout Dean Wilkins have been put in temporary charge for tomorrow's League One match away to McGhee's former club Millwall.
continued...

The end of McGhee's three-year reign came in a meeting with chairman Dick Knight yesterday afternoon. Booker's departure followed in a separate meeting later in the day.

The Argus understands fans' dissatisfaction is the main reason behind the decision to remove the pair from their posts.

Albion have suffered a hat-trick of defeats and are in the bottom half of the table after being relegated from the Championship last season.

McGhee was almost forced out in May by major investor Tony Bloom but the support of Knight and chief executive Martin Perry earned him a stay of execution.

A statement is expected from the club today confirming their departures and the appointment of first team coach Dean Wilkins and chief scout Dean White as caretakers.

Boss forced out by fans
By Andy Naylor

Albion manager Mark McGhee has been forced out of his job - by fan power.

The Argus understands growing discontent among supporters convinced chairman Dick Knight that he could no longer back McGhee.

The Glaswegian discovered his fate during a routine meeting with Knight at Topolinos Restaurant in Hove yesterday afternoon.
continued...

McGhee's No. 2 Bob Booker was informed that he will also be leaving at a separate meeting later in the day.

A statement is expected from the club today confirming their departures and the appointment of first team coach Dean Wilkins and chief scout Dean White as caretakers.

They take charge of the team at Millwall tomorrow as Albion begin the hunt for their sixth manager in five years.

McGhee almost lost his job in May, following Albion's relegation from the Championship.

The Argus exclusively revealed a bid by major shareholder Tony Bloom to bring him down.

The Board was split down the middle, with Bloom's uncle Ray and fellow director Derek Chapman agreeing it was time for a change.

McGhee survived at that stage thanks to the backing of Knight and chief executive Martin Perry.

His backroom team was reshuffled instead, Wilkins stepping up from youth team coach and White switching from his role as reserve team manager and coach.

But support for McGhee has gradually ebbed away in tandem with the declining fortunes of his young side.

They made an encouraging start, winning two and drawing one of their first three matches, but a hat-trick of League One defeats has dropped the Seagulls into the lower half of the table and prompted increasing dissatisfaction among fans.

The final blow for McGhee came a week ago, when Albion failed to land a striker before the transfer window closed.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
What a load of SHITE, he wasn't forced out by the fans, he was forced out by his ineptitude.

See ya.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
the full harris said:
He's already been on SSN.

Banged on about the stadium lots.

There has always got to be blame somewhere at this club.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Kinky Gerbils said:
To be honest its all a bit too late isnt it?

The window has shut and will gve the new man no chance of bringing in much needed players

Spot on

I have to say that I am beginning to wonder which planet Dick Knight is on, it was obvious to me (and a lot of others) that he should have sacked MM at the end of the season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad MM has gone, but I'm with Kinky here, our new manager will have to rely on loan signings, which means they will have to have serious connections in order to land anyone decent.

Oh well, onwards and upwards, the Albion Rollercoaster continues!

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I wonder if DK decided to act now as he feared, with the growing discontent amongst fans, that next week's demo at the Lib Dem conference might fall flat on it's face with hardly anyone bothering to go? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here