Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee and Booker GONE!!!! [Merged Threads]

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
This is very good news!!

And another McGhee (our drummer/Albion steward) was spot on when he emailed late last night to tell me via our ex-guitarist source at the Argus....I'm still pleased I didn't post it on here then though, would have been awful if it wasn't true....
Good decision, not a moment too soon with the Falmer march coming up. We need to concentrate on those bastards at LDC.
Thanks for the good bits, Mark (and there were some, let's not forget that)

Be very interesting to see what comes next.

Incidentally, advance news of a Seagulls Party benefit at the Duke of Wellington in Shoreham on John Peel Day (Thurs 12 Oct) Headlining will be Bob Grover (he who wrote the original words for the hit) and his excellent new band Dates.

More details soon.

SEAGULLS!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: This is very good news!!

attila said:

Good decision, not a moment too soon with the Falmer march coming up.

That sentance does not make alot of sense to me. What difference does it make to the march as to whether MM is in charge.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: This is very good news!!

DAMANCLAY said:
That sentance does not make alot of sense to me. What difference does it make to the march as to whether MM is in charge.

Presumably - A minority would use this opportunity to goad McGhee and deflect attention from the real reason of the DEMO. Plus to the vast majority this has lifted their spirits and it is bound to have a knock on effect to the club as a whole to unite as one.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: This is very good news!!

DAMANCLAY said:
People were very disillusioned with McGhee in charge.

KPTF said:
DK has a similarly poor record of effective decision making, particularly with his hiring and firing of Managers.

Pardon?

I would have thought his record was pretty good in hiring. And he hasn´t fired too many.

I was never in the McGhee Out camp but I think this is probably for the best.

But there are two things that worry me.

Firstly, if Dean Wilkins gets the job full time but for whatever reason isn't successful, then I hope that some way is found for him to stay at the club. All too often a long time servant is promoted, fails, and it all ends in tears. DK managed it with martin Hinshelwood so at least we have some experience of the potential problem. But I hope DW goes on to be the most successful Albion manager ever!

Secondly, and I'm sure'll get some flak for this, I'm not totally comfortable with the comments that he was fired because of fan pressure. As I said in this case I think it's the right decision but it would worry me if the club were to make all their decisions based on fan pressure. Sometimes you know, we fans are wrong!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Can't say I'm surprised by the news... been expecting it for some time. However... let's just remember where we are now..... I am truly not convinced that ANYONE is going to do any better. We'll still be in Div 1 next year... whoever manages (but we might en dup in 2 with someone else)

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Yesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Party time! Magoo has gone at last!

Come on Deano, take this chance to work with men!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Re: This is very good news!!

attila said:
(Thurs 12 Oct) Headlining will be Bob Grover (he who wrote the original words for the hit) and his excellent new band Dates.

The band posters look great. It looks like an old man with his grandchildren!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
like to wish all the best to Bob Booker, think he has been dragged down by McGhee in all of this. Shame to see him go

It took a while but the decision was the right one. He should have stood down pre-season.

His position became untenable at the end of last season and therefore always on a loser this season.

Perhaps we might now score more than 2 goals in a game again. (something we have only done once in a hundred games+)

Lets now support the lads and get us out of this depression and rot.

Come on the Albion.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:albion:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
I have never been a McGhee outer, but the club have done the right thing.

I would just like to say thank you Mark for the good times ( Cardiff, especially) At least you were loyal to this club, even if you didn't achieve all that we wanted, good luck in the rest of your career.

Also a special mention to Bob Booker, good luck also.

Now is the time for change , so let's all get behind the team tomorrow big time.

Thank god i wont have to read those f***ing whingers on here now.:)

Goodfella said:
I have never been a McGhee outer, but the club have done the right thing.

I would just like to say thank you Mark for the good times ( Cardiff, especially) At least you were loyal to this club, even if you didn't achieve all that we wanted, good luck in the rest of your career.

Also a special mention to Bob Booker, good luck also.

Now is the time for change , so let's all get behind the team tomorrow big time.

Thank god i wont have to read those f***ing whingers on here now.:)

Well said. Shame it did turn out this way.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I cant say im passionatley pro or anti mcghee but I think a change was needed. Glad dick has listened to the fans as always. I fancy us to go on a good run of results now. Strange timing though, youd have thought Dick would have got rid of him on monday. Its gonna be interesting to see who our new boss is. If you are reading this mark then thanks for everything. Special thanks to bob booker also.

Last edited:

Little Rich

Mar 31, 2006
With MM gone we can finally start are season, I just hope the players and the new management can get the passion back into this club.

MM never seemed to put his heart into the job, so when things went wrong it was as if he didn't even care.

All that we ask as fans is that the players and staff give 110%

Come on BRIGHTON!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here