Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee and Booker GONE!!!! [Merged Threads]

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Al Bion said:
I wonder if DK decided to act now as he feared, with the growing discontent amongst fans, that next week's demo at the Lib Dem conference might fall flat on it's face with hardly anyone bothering to go? ???

Wouldnt be surprised, combined with the growing discontent on the way that the whole Falmer issue is being handled at the moment and the apathy of many supporters that have walked away (and its not just a few NSCers).

Now the challenge is to win back hearts and minds on all issues.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The one day I oversleep and I miss all the fun, woke up, switched my phone on and shed loads of messages come through and I got rather excited.

:clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Trigger said:
The one day I oversleep and I miss all the fun, woke up, switched my phone on and shed loads of messages come through and I got rather excited.

:clap2:

You can start going to games again!

KPTF

Jan 6, 2004
Burgess Hill
Firstly, thanks to Mark & Bob for their services to the club. We had a very special day in Cardiff which will never be forgotten by all those who were there.

There were several other memorable games as mentioned previously but, latterly, too many dire performances and reasons why MM had to go. I feel sorry for BB as he's a really good bloke who always had time for the fans, but his own role was significantly diluted when Dean Wilkins was (justifiably) promoted in the summer.

These changes should have been made in the summer and certainly before the transfer window shut. To this effect, DK must take the full blame for fiddling while Rome burned. He's now left the successor with very little to play with unless he has sufficient contacts to get decent loan players in. Yes, MM was tactically inept/inert but DK has a similarly poor record of effective decision making, particularly with his hiring and firing of Managers.

What this will do once the loan window opens and, more importantly, when the transfer window opens in January, is test the theory that MM was the reason why players wouldn't come here.

As for MM's successor, no doubt Dave Merrington has already submitted his 47th application for the job and Mullers will be quoted sticking the knife in again!

Curbishley would be my number 1 choice by an absolute mile but I suspect he wants something a bit meatier in the Prem or Championship. I hope I'm wrong. Failing that, I would like to see a Ray/Dean Wilkins combo, the former for his contacts in the game and, hopefully, ability to attract better calibre players; the latter for his coaching nous (although our propensity to over-pass this season does have his hallmark all over it which is a bit worrying).

Whoever comes in, this change has been long overdue but may just kick start our season.

As long as it isn't Dave Merrington!
:lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thank god MM is gone!

Bit strange about Booker tho! That WAS a surprise.

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
Race said:

That was my reaction aswell, Race.
I missed all the news bulletins this morning and only heard when I got a phone call.
I never was in the McGhee out camp, although I was getting close.
Sorry Booker has gone.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Trish said:
That was my reaction aswell, Race.
I missed all the news bulletins this morning and only heard when I got a phone call.
I never was in the McGhee out camp, although I was getting close.
Sorry Booker has gone.

Snap - Exactly my thoughts too!! Except I found out about it on here...

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If Knight has moved now it could be because he has someone already in mind - and the timing is right. On the other hand he might have given in to the power of the mob. Maybe Attilla's comments hit harder than was thought.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Maghee and Booker out...was listening to radio london sport last night and a caller said he had heard DK talking on the phone to someone called Lawrie! perhaps Sanchez is in the frame? Christ I hope so.:albion:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Maghee and Booker out...was listening to radio london sport last night and a caller said he had heard DK talking on the phone to someone called Lawrie! perhaps Sanchez is in the frame? Christ I hope so.:albion:

better than Lawrie McMenemie...McMenamey....McMenamy...MacMename....how the f**k do you spell that????

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
The last line, about not getting a striker before the transfer deadline, gives the game away for me.

I think DK was still four square behind MM until he realised that the problem was the man - nobody wanted to work with him. We couldn't persuade CKR to stay, and nobody wanted to join the crew with MM at the helm.

All the rest is just filler.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here