Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGammon

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Repugnant Toad said:

Off the top of my head - Slabber, Barnard, Owusu, Goater, Benjamin, Ben May ... I'm sure McGhee can find others. Cue "intelligent discussion".

yes please but we dont have the cash do we or I'm sure MM would have had one of these or similar on board by now... its McGammon and thats what we will have to accept

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Richie Morris said:
Off hand here are some we could have got instead:

Kenwyne Jones' - Southampton, now on loan to Sheff Wes

Trevor Benjamin - On loan at Northampton

Lee Barnard - On loan at Orient from Spurs

Jamie Slabber - On loan at Swindon from Spurs

Ok, we now also have:

Shaun Goater

Lloyd Owusu

And in response to the poster saying that the ones I quoted from my earlier post are not proven at this level: I did not realise that Mark McCammon was a proven Championship goalscorer. Sorry. My mistake obviously.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
The Auditor said:
yes please but we dont have the cash do we or I'm sure MM would have had one of these or similar on board by now... its McGammon and thats what we will have to accept

Which is why I've said he should be signed short-term, until we can look further in summer.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Look, anyone who comes on here thinking they can support both a Brighton team and a London one is an utter TWAT in my book.

So wanting to see my local team do well makes me a twat?

kinkygerbil said:
So wanting to see my local team do well makes me a twat?

:thud:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Will you lot get the f*** off McCammons back. The poor sod has only played a few games and you lot are ripping into him already.

If hes good enough for Mcghee then you should just acept it.

Ive never read as much crap as is posted by Kinkyspursgerbil and Richie Morris.

How many games have we lost when McCammon has played?

Who headed the ball to Virgs for the winner at Gillingham. Clueless the lot of ya!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Albion Dan said:
Will you lot get the f*** off McCammons back. The poor sod has only played a few games and you lot are ripping into him already.

Who headed the ball to Virgs for the winner at Gillingham. Clueless the lot of ya!

David Lee was good enough for the manager, did people accept that?

Daniel Webb?

Nope.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Dan said:

Kinkyspursgerbil - i see what you did there

Richie Morris said:
What happened to the promise of intelligent discussion when we gave some examples of players we could have got?

London Irish = :jester: :dunce:

Sorry Richie for lowering the tone.

All interesting names - now let's hear the details on their availability, their wage demands, and their scoring records in the Championship and we can proceed further.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Which manager was David Lee good enough for? Cos hardly ever saw him in the team.

Daniel Webb did a job. Again I wasnt his biggest fan but with him in the side we won promotion, DUH! :dunce:

Stop slagging players off who havent even had a chance to settle into the team. Everyone I spoke to thought McCammon had a decent game vs Watford except you, maybe you should get your eyes tested as you might need stronger glasses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here