Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGammon

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Richie Morris said:
I would like to see the albion playing attacking, free flowing football.

Does not mean I am not happy with the job McGhee is doing, I am.

But, who would not want the team they love to strive toward playing beautiful attacking football?

I'd rather see us win games.

I'm suprised by the anti-McCammon views.

Whilst I agree Benjamin was a better player I get the feeling we have even less money than we had last season.

McCammon only played 45 minutes at Q.P.R. but he was very effective. Q.P.R. under Holloway have always had pretty dominating center backs. With McCammon and Virgo making life difficult for them they couldn't control the line so well and they couldn't push as far forward. They were put under pressure every time the ball came to them and this enabled us too empose ourselves on the game and we had a fair amount of possession. If McGhee had played 3 up front with Leon we would have had the threat of winning a knock down and getting Leon through on goal. As we were looking for a point though I don't think 3 was ever an option. Leon was more of a threat. That's obvious. However we didn't keep the ball so well in the second.

I'm not saying McCammon as a great player. I'm saying he's helped us go unbeaten during the festive season. He played a big role in beating Gillingham. He's threatening when he runs with the ball - defenders hate that! He does a decent job. There's more to come I hope.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
saturday we were allowed to play our football and for the first time five in the mid-field actually made us an attacking outfit as opposed to the normal defensive minded mm.

this will not happen in the average champ. game and normally there is a need to lump the ball upfront quickly. i believe playing virgo upfront denies us of one of the best young central defenders we have had (since lawenson) therefore backgammon could be the answer

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Richie Morris said:
I would like to see the albion playing attacking, free flowing football.

Does not mean I am not happy with the job McGhee is doing, I am.

But, who would not want the team they love to strive toward playing beautiful attacking football?

We all would....but at the moments we have to play to our strenths and ensure survival in the championship. If that means being more direct so be it
MM is doing a great job lets leave the tactics to him

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Uncle Buck said:
Second season a lot of us had them, as we thought we were going to be back in Brighton before Christmas that year.

I had one to ensure a seat at the withdean (had a season ticket for most of the 30 years I've followed the Albion)..it just makes life easier

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saint Lennard said:
Most definitely. You habve also seen more Spurs games than me. I hope your chest is swelling with pride.

I would say thats true but i have seen over 200 brighton games now and about 30 spurs - like i said yesterday people like me who support another team but watch the albion put a fair bit of money into the club

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The thing about McCammon is for a giant he's so easily knocked of the ball. Reminds me of one of the big fellas in Mortal Kombat.

I rate him as pretty crap but better than nothing (and better than Virgs upfront and thereby not in defence)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
kinkygerbil said:
I would say thats true but i have seen over 200 brighton games now and about 30 spurs - like i said yesterday people like me who support another team but watch the albion put a fair bit of money into the club

Kinkygerbil

Sounds like you have supported Brighton over 200 times and Spurs 30 times.

Would it be fair to say that Spurs are really your second team?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Buzza said:
Kinkygerbil

Sounds like you have supported Brighton over 200 times and Spurs 30 times.

Would it be fair to say that Spurs are really your second team?

I shouldn't think so all last week she was we this and we that when referring to Spurs. Seems for Kinky size is everything even if the performance is continually mediocre.???

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
perth seagull said:
Is he better than Iwelumo was?

No, he reminds me of Iwelumo too much - big and strong but hardly wins anything in the air. Thought he was very poor at Wolves

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saint Lennard said:
I shouldn't think so all last week she was we this and we that when referring to Spurs. Seems for Kinky size is everything even if the performance is continually mediocre.???

When? I only said anything to reply to the bollocks people where talking.

The odd thing on sat was that I was was really happy Spurs went through but i was just as unhappy that the game didnt go to a reply that Brighton deserved

Spurs will always be my first team due to family reasons and the fact that i have been brought up on it, however Brighton are not far behind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here