Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGammon

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
McGhee said that if McGammon had been available at Spurs, then he would have put him on for the last ten minutes to give Hart a rest.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Dan said:
Which manager was David Lee good enough for? Cos hardly ever saw him in the team.

Daniel Webb did a job. Again I wasnt his biggest fan but with him in the side we won promotion, DUH! :dunce:

Stop slagging players off who havent even had a chance to settle into the team. Everyone I spoke to thought McCammon had a decent game vs Watford except you, maybe you should get your eyes tested as you might need stronger glasses.

I thought he was gash to - by chance where you talking to a mirror?

Richie Morris said:
David Lee was good enough for the manager

S'funny, I thought McGhee got rid of him?

But first he gave him a chance, as he did Hammond, one took it, the other didn't. We're talking fine lines here.

Let's give Big Mac the same chance. McGhee has gone on record as saying Big Mac needs to step up his performance, that's a sign to me that McGhee knows there is more potential to come from him.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ok.

We managed to afford Benjamin last season so do not see why it would be any different this season, especially after losing Piercy and selling Currie and Cullip. If we had not got McCammon we could also have used the money we are spending on his wages.

If Orient can afford Barnard then I am pretty sure we can. Same goes for Kenwyne Jones who is at Sheffield Wednesday who are rumoured to be strapped for cash.

Slabber has joined Swindon, but would (like Barnard) be on a similar wage to Yeates is and we could afford him last year before the sales and the play off final.

For all you know McCammon could be on more then we think.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
kinkygerbil said:
I thought he was gash to - by chance where you talking to a mirror?

Well I totally ignore any opinion you have because every time you post anything football related it is pure comedy.

Lets go back to the Watford post match thread shall we, you know as well as I do that 90% of posts in it thought McCammon did ok.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Of those I've named, about half are young players with good scoring records at lesser levels, others proven at this level. Obviously wages/availabilty we're not likely to be privy to - in the summer, I'm sure McGhee will take care of the issue, providing he is still here.

dougdeep said:
McGhee said that if McGammon had been available at Spurs, then he would have put him on for the last ten minutes to give Hart a rest.

Quite so, McGhee would have wanted to keep Big Mac fresh for the big game against the Blades ;)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Dan said:
Well I totally ignore any opinion you have because every time you post anything football related it is pure comedy.

Lets go back to the Watford post match thread shall we, you know as well as I do that 90% of posts in it thought McCammon did ok.

Really pure comedy? have the people on this agree with me about mccammon

Richie Morris said:
Ok.

We managed to afford Benjamin last season so do not see why it would be any different this season

Halt - come on Richie, you must remember that he was given out at a bargain rate as a favour by Mickey.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Favours do not come into football when the club Adams was running was nearly going bust financially.

The Chairman would not have agreed to it unless it was reasonable which leads me to believe he would take the same again.

How's Slabber doing at Swindon, anyone know?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Richie Morris said:
Ok.

We managed to afford Benjamin last season so do not see why it would be any different this season, especially after losing Piercy and selling Currie and Cullip. If we had not got McCammon we could also have used the money we are spending on his wages.

If Orient can afford Barnard then I am pretty sure we can. Same goes for Kenwyne Jones who is at Sheffield Wednesday who are rumoured to be strapped for cash.

Slabber has joined Swindon, but would (like Barnard) be on a similar wage to Yeates is and we could afford him last year before the sales and the play off final.

For all you know McCammon could be on more then we think.

We didn't afford Benjamin last year just a portion of his wages. He is on 5 figures a week at Leicester and we payed no more than 10% of his wage bill. If you recall Mansfield actually offered Leicester more of his wages than we did. Northmapton have monied owners so are likely to again have offered him nore then we could.

We have been here with Owusu as well who signed a pre ITV digital collpase deal at Sheff Wed and was unaffordable when Coppell tried to sign him

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Richie, have you got any idea of Bejamin's wages?

Richie Morris said:
Favours do not come into football when the club Adams was running was nearly going bust financially.

The Chairman would not have agreed to it unless it was reasonable which leads me to believe he would take the same again.

Well, that not my recollection but I can't be bothered to check. I thought some northern club (I forget which one) actually offered money to get Benji, but Adams gave an interview to Naylor saying the Foxes gave up a better financial offer because they wanted Benji in a set-up where they could monitor his progress closely AND as something a favour to us.

We were all predictably aghast at the time that we could be financially outbid by (I think) a Div 3 club for Benji.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Only what people say on here so around 17k a week.

As he was last season when we signed him.

Northampton will not be paying that.

As a player he must realise he will not get that elsewhere when his contract runs out. If he thinks he will he is stupid.

Anyway, I would appreciate it Yorkie if you did not try and patronise me every time I made a post.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
London Irish said:
Well, that not my recollection but I can't be bothered to check. I thought some northern club (I forget which one) actually offered money to get Benji, but Adams gave an interview to Naylor saying the Foxes gave up a better financial offer because they wanted Benji in a set-up where they could monitor his progress closely AND as something a favour to us.

Yes. They wanted him playing a higher level of football and were willing to take less money to ensure this.

Thanks Hannibal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here