Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGammon

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
But of course we should sign him, unlike Kinky and Toad seem to think ... accomplished Championship-level strikers don't fall off the trees for free transfers

You do come out with some crap!

When did I say that? If you actually bothered to read the posts of those you bleat about, you'd see I advocated signing him on a short-term deal. Big-striker-wise, he's the best we've got - but I think we can do better.

Repugnant Toad said:
But I think we can do better.

Who then? You're a bit like the Ben's Grandad of Championship strikers, just as all these investors are queueing up, so are all these strikers. Gimme some names and we can have an intelligent discussion about who we can get, given we have practically no funds for transfer and no money either for big wages if we want to keep the likes of Leon Knight.

Last edited:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
London Irish said:
Yeah, I'll settle for McGhee's opinion too. How about you other guys :smokin:

said that 11 am this morning on this thread !!....MM is the man ..let him get on with it ....and then if it doesnt work lets discuss the merits of any alternatives

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Uncle Buck said:
Do we need a targetman to complement Knight? I thought Knight looked comfortable alongside Hart, it meant the ball was kept on the ground and Hart did a lot of battling, meaning that Knight did not get his usual kicking. All having a target man does is mean that we lump the ball. Knights best spells at the club have come when we have played football, like the opening few months at the club under Coppell.

I thought Chris Iwuelumo worked well with Knight last season. As I mentioned earlier the jury is out on McGammon (I haven't been overly impressed) but if Mark McGhee is happy to keep him, I'll go along with that.

I agree that OGH has been playing well recently.

It's good to have options.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Off hand here are some we could have got instead:

Kenwyne Jones' - Southampton, now on loan to Sheff Wes

Trevor Benjamin - On loan at Northampton

Lee Barnard - On loan at Orient from Spurs

Jamie Slabber - On loan at Swindon from Spurs

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Auditor said:
name the alternatives Kinky or stick to your beloved Spurs

What a short vision you have - do you not realise that people like me who support another side but enjoy watching the albion home and away put a lot of money into the club? I know a Leeds fan, Liverpool fan and a couple of Chelsea fans to name a few who are season ticket holders. They all have Brighton shirts (as do i) and spend money at every game on programmes etc and we have all put money into the a and k fund.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Richie Morris said:
Off hand here are some we could have got instead:

Kenwyne Jones' - Southampton, now on loan to Sheff Wes

Trevor Benjamin - On loan at Northampton

Lee Barnard - On loan at Orient from Spurs

Jamie Slabber - On loan at Swindon from Spurs

We know TB is too dear on the wages front.....not sure about the others...none proven at the level though

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Apart from Kenwyne Jones who is scoring shit loads at Wednesday.

I could have sworn we sent people to look at Southampton players with a view to loans.

kinkygerbil said:
What a short vision you have - do you not realise that people like me who support another side but enjoy watching the albion home and away put a lot of money into the club? I know a Leeds fan, Liverpool fan and a couple of Chelsea fans to name a few who are season ticket holders. They all have Brighton shirts (as do i) and spend money at every game on programmes etc and we have all put money into the a and k fund.

Look, anyone who comes on here thinking they can support both a Brighton team and a London one is an utter TWAT in my book.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
Who then? You're a bit like the Ben's Grandad of Championship strikers, just as all these investors are queueing up, so are all these strikers. Gimme some names and we can have an intelligent discussion about who we can get, given we have practically no funds for transfer and no money either for big wages if we want to keep the likes of Knight.

Indeed there are a paucity of options currently available, which is why I think (as I said hours ago) we should take McCammon short-term. In the summer, we can look at other options, when we know more about the availability of others, our finances etc.

Off the top of my head - Slabber, Barnard, Owusu, Goater, Benjamin, Ben May ... I'm sure McGhee can find others. Cue "intelligent discussion".

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
kinkygerbil said:

Thanks for that Toad.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
kinkygerbil said:

fair comment but you havent given the alternatives....earlier you were unhappy with LI when he avoided the issue ..I await you suggestions within our financial constraints.
I believe MM is looking and getting what he can given our lack of cash and facilities

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here