Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGammon

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Titanic said:
When are you applying for MM's job then ? seeing as you seem to know more about it than he does ?? :angry:

Kinky doesnt ...he supports Spurs and they hardly impressed on sat did they?

Its a different type of footie in the championship.. you often need size as much as skill....so if MM wants McCammon we should accept his judgement...he hasnt got to much wrong has he

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Auditor said:
Kinky doesnt ...he supports Spurs and they hardly impressed on sat did they?

Its a different type of footie in the championship.. you often need size as much as skill....so if MM wants McCammon we should accept his judgement...he hasnt got to much wrong has he

Yes we were crap and Brighton deserved something but Keane's class won it

9 unbeaten isnt that impressive?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
kinkygerbil said:

good but...Lets judge after the Chelsea game....recent games against palace Norwich Southampton blackburn Man city included in that nine and those should be won anyway

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
kinkygerbil said:

:ohmy: hmmmmmmmmmmm........let me see.......... Defoe fouled Hinsh to enable Keane to get the winner. The stats were in our favour (except possession 51% to you)............

and how much did your team cost?

Why don't you just f*** off to your "cock" site? Mediocrity is not required here. Thank you.:wave:

Last edited:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
What people forget with McGammon is that he has not been playing first team football at Millwall.
As he gets more match fit, the best is still to come.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Uncle C said:
What people forget with McGammon is that he has not been playing first team football at Millwall.
As he gets more match fit, the best is still to come.

Mr Currie was the same at the start of the season and look at him now. For me the jury is still out for BigMac Gammon.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
He ain't the greatest player on earth, in fact I think big Lumo was better than him, but Mark McGhee has been looking for a target man for over 6 months now, so we can assume that he is the best option that we can afford to sign.

I would take him if he's available on a free and his wages aren't much higher than our other players of a similar calibre (Paul Reid for example). We DO need a target man, so he would be a sensible addition to the squad in my opinion.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saint Lennard said:
:ohmy: hmmmmmmmmmmm........let me see.......... Defoe fouled Hinsh to enable Keane to get the winner. The stats were in our favour (except possession 51% to you)............

and how much did your team cost?

Why don't you just f*** off to your "cock" site? Mediocrity is not required here. Thank you.:wave:

You really are one of lifes winners

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Shipperly would be better.

McCammon is awful.

We played much much better football with Knight and Hart upfront against a better team then we have played all season.

mrhairy said:
Saturday we played football. McGammon by being a target man encourages the long ball. Play it to feet is our best option GH and LK up front did well, and think of the LK goal against Watford all to feet. No I do not think we need him. We need another goalscorer to take the pressure of LK.

LK goal against Watford created by a run and pass by targetman Virgo.

McCammon is actually not bad with the ball into his feet, much better than Iwelumo.

The worry about Big Mac is whether his eye of goal is better than Big Chris's.

Not a lot of shooting power shown so far, and if carries on like that, Virgs trusty right-footed blockbusters will be back up front again very soon.

McGhee has challenged Big Mac to up his performance and that's right.

But of course we should sign him, unlike Kinky and Toad seem to think (are they the same person?) accomplished Championship-level strikers don't fall off the trees for free transfers, so if we have a chance to get Big Mac permanantly, we need to grab him before someone else does.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
But of course we should sign him, unlike Kinky and Toad seem to think (are they the same person?) accomplished Championship-level strikers don't fall off the trees for free transfers, so if we have a chance to get Big Mac permanantly, we need to grab him before someone else does.

In all fairness, nobody else is going to come in for him, he has been sitting in Millwall reserves for the season and we were the only club to show an interest. He gives us another option at present, however it would seem stupid to give him a long term contract at present, surely sign him until the end of the season and if he proves he can cut it, then offer him something more.

theweasel

Aug 27, 2003
Eastbourne
He's terrible ! Guy his size and he can't even head the ball and he runs like he's got his boots tied together .
:nono:

Uncle Buck said:
In all fairness, nobody else is going to come in for him, he has been sitting in Millwall reserves for the season and we were the only club to show an interest.

How do you know? I'd suggest that now we might have stared Millwall out and they maybe no longer demanding a fee, plenty might be interested. We just have a head start because McGhee knows the guy so well. But word will get around if there is a free transfer on offer.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
How do you know? I'd suggest that now we might have stared Millwall out and they maybe no longer demanding a fee, plenty might be interested. We just have a head start because McGhee knows the guy so well. But word will get around if there is a free transfer on offer.

Nobody but us showed interest, there was nothing in the press and to be honest most players would go anywhere but us, due to the rather odd facilities.

Why do I think you are going to see qualities in this guy that nobody else can?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
LK goal against Watford created by a run and pass by targetman Virgo.

is actually not bad with the ball into his feet, much better than Iwelumo.

The worry about Big Mac is whether his eye of goal is better than Big Chris's.

Not a lot of shooting power shown so far, and if carries on like that, Virgs trusty right-footed blockbusters will be back up front again very soon.

McGhee has challenged Big Mac to up his performance and that's right.

McCammon is not an "accomplished Championship-level striker"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here