Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGammon

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I for one find it sad that certain Brighton fans would rather see a talentless lump up front and have us lob the ball up to him in the air then have us play attractive football that would play to Knight's strengths.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Robinson alongside Knight maybe....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Richie Morris said:
I for one find it sad that certain Brighton fans would rather see a talentless lump up front and have us lob the ball up to him in the air then have us play attractive football that would play to Knight's strengths.

I agree with you that for Knight to suceed we need to play to his strengths, but then if we are going to select such a workman like midfield it is going to be an issue to play the balls he needs.

Yoda

English & European
kinkygerbil said:
Surely im not the only one that thinks this?

No your not.

I thought he had an ok debut, but since then I think he's got progressively worse. :nono:

*awaits slating*
zwhistling7wq.gif

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would love to see us play with Knight and Robinson up front and start threading the passes they would thrive on.

Im sure they would score bucketloads.

That said I am not sure our midfield is capable, as Uncle Buck said, of knocking these passes.

It would also be dangerous to change the midfield about too much because it is the workmanlike ethic that is getting us results.

I would like to see Nicolas back in as I think he has the ability to play to Knight's strengths and perhaps Hammond as well could get more action off the bench as he seems to have a devent amount of vision.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Fortunately only one person's opinion really counts and that is McGhee's.

He is getting it right with his selections whether LI, Richie, kinkygerbil or Uncle Buck like it or not.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Fortunately?

Does not make sense because myself and uncle buck have completely different ideas to London Irish who thinks McGhee is right to pick him.

It cant be fortunate that we are both wrong if one agrees with McGhee.

McGhee is getting good results and I love him for it. This does not mean that we wouldnt get better results and be playing better football without McCammon in the side though...as showed at Spurs.

Yeah, I'll settle for McGhee's opinion too. How about you other guys :smokin:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
London Irish said:
Yeah, I'll settle for McGhee's opinion too. How about you other guys :smokin:

I would like to see the albion playing attacking, free flowing football.

Does not mean I am not happy with the job McGhee is doing, I am.

But, who would not want the team they love to strive toward playing beautiful attacking football?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Seeing how McGhee is excellent at turning 'ugly ducklings' into swans in a footballing sense, then maybe we ought to reserve judgement on McCammon at the moment.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Didnt think much of him when he played, in fact he was just like iweluno, not much use anywhere

Richie Morris said:
But, who would not want the team they love to strive toward playing beautiful attacking football?

Do you keep telling your wife that you'd love it if she kept striving towards becoming an international supermodel?

Romance is all well and good, but pragmatism is what has served us well and will keep us in the Championship.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Mcghee is now entering Genius status so if he thinks he`s of benefit i won`t argue, however I would be a bit concerned with buying him for a long time as he doesn`t look like Mr Classy consistent and we did play to feet on Saturday which was great to watch, although that`s not to say McCammon is that bad with his feet, in a poor man`s Paolo Wanchope way, it`s just the tendency for us to hoof and hope when he`s on the field that`s the worry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here