Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGammon

kinkygerbil said:
McCammon is not an "accomplished Championship-level striker"

He's got 15 goals and a cup final appearance seven months ago, but if you've got any better ideas than him, let us know.

Yeah, I know Leon is miles better than Defoe but the latter is not quite in our price range yet.

Anyway, it's vital we sign Big Mac for NSC's sake. With Harding excelling in midfield, where the f***'s our scapegoat?

Uncle Buck said:
You have done it now....

Ah, Uncle Buck.

Has Charlie been "found out" yet? You said sometime this season, still sticking to that after WHL?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
He's got 15 goals and a cup final appearance seven months ago, but if you've got any better ideas than him, let us know.

Yeah, I know Leon is miles better than Defoe but the latter is not quite in our price range yet.

Anyway, it's vital we sign Big Mac for NSC's sake. With Harding excelling in midfield, where the f***'s our scapegoat?

Yes 15 goals in about 3 years - thats class that is

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
He did not score last season and the year before he got 11 goals, but the majority of those were for Brentford, so hardly profic.

You really are showing the red flad to the ball now

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Ah, Uncle Buck.

Has Charlie been "found out" yet? You said sometime this season, still sticking to that after WHL?

To be honest with you, I stand by everything I have said regarding Oatway. However this season he has been punching above his weight and has not looked out of place, but teams will get wise to him and there are still shortcomings to his game. Too often he tries to over elaborate with the pass and we lose possession.

As I said the other day, I would not give him more than a one year extension as a player. Fine he has done well this year, but he is not the sort of player that is going to move the club on and we do not want to end up like Rotherham or Gillingham, struggling due to not evolving the squad. At least teams like Stoke have tried to move things on and bring in players better than the ones they had.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The jury is "still out" on him as I'm concerned.

We do need a target man to complement LK but that striker should also be able to score the odd goal as well!

I'm prepared to give him a little longer to improve his fitness and I'd like to see him have a few more shots on goal.

If MgGhee rates him, I think we should give a contract until the end of the season. There should be no fee involved.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Buzza said:
The jury is "still out" on him as I'm concerned.

We do need a target man to complement LK but that striker should also be able to score the odd goal as well!

Do we need a targetman to complement Knight? I thought Knight looked comfortable alongside Hart, it meant the ball was kept on the ground and Hart did a lot of battling, meaning that Knight did not get his usual kicking. All having a target man does is mean that we lump the ball. Knights best spells at the club have come when we have played football, like the opening few months at the club under Coppell.

kinkygerbil said:
Yes 15 goals in about 3 years - thats class that is

Well, you do seem to think 5 goals in one calender year is class, don't you?

But you make excuses for a player you like, and you won't for players you don't, so spare us the hypocrisy of the stats.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

But you make excuses for a player you like, and you won't for players you don't, so spare us the hypocrisy of the stats.

Getting a bit defensive there? Do not like the fact he is disagreeing with your pearls of wisdom? Maybe he sticks up for Knight as he see's more to Leon's game than just goals, where as McGammon, he is struggling to see anything.

Uncle Buck said:
but teams will get wise to him

You said this season though, didn't you? But you're backtracking on that now and will give him a contract?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:

What like you do for Virgo you mean? Its not ok for one striker not to score however its fine for the other not to?

You say what ever Virgo does i knock him? You do the same about Knight

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
You said this season though, didn't you? But you're backtracking on that now and will give him a contract?

I still think he is a limited player, however he is playing well. Fair play to him, at present he is silencing his critics. I still do not think he is a great player, however he has earnt a new contract. The length of which, well I would be dubious offering many of the Adams players much more than 1 year. However I would still like to see him sent off on coaching courses etc, as long term I believe he has another role to play at the club.

Uncle Buck said:
Do we need a targetman to complement Knight? I thought Knight looked comfortable alongside Hart, it meant the ball was kept on the ground and Hart did a lot of battling, meaning that Knight did not get his usual kicking. All having a target man does is mean that we lump the ball. Knights best spells at the club have come when we have played football, like the opening few months at the club under Coppell.

I'm confident McGhee will answer your question with his selections. Hope you like the answer :)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Knight looks best when the ball is played on the ground.

NOT when he is chasing a flick on from a lump of a centre forward meaning he has to battle with defenders to get to the ball.

Knight looked more dangerous on saturday teamed with Hart then he has all season and we were playing a Premiership team.

McCammon is woeful.

He cannot pass, shoot or dribble and it is a mystery to me how he is a Pro footballer.

There are lots of better players around who we could have got.

I seem to remember us looking at Southampton's youngsters? Well one of them has been scoring shit loads this month after being loaned to Sheffield Wednesday. He would have been better.

We had Benjamin on loan before and he was good. Another one in the huge lump mould but better on the floor and at least he could actually shoot (unlike McCammon...his shot against Gillingham was embarrassing and only made the side netting from 5 foot out because it was icey).

Spurs have just loaned out a young forward who is meant to be class. We could have got him.

There are better players playing in Sussex then McCammon. Get one of them.

Even better. Play Robinson.

I am not just finding a scapegoat in McCammon so please dont accuse me of it. I just cannot see how he is a pro footballer and I am not alone in that.

Uncle Buck said:
at present he is silencing his critics.

Well, almost.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Richie Morris said:

NOT when he is chasing a flick on from a lump of a centre forward meaning he has to battle with defenders to get to the ball.

Knight looked more dangerous on saturday teamed with Hart then he has all season and we were playing a Premiership team.

McCammon is woeful.

He cannot pass, shoot or dribble and it is a mystery to me how he is a Pro footballer.

I seem to remember us looking at Southampton's youngsters? Well one of them has been scoring shit loads this month after being loaned to Sheffield Wednesday. He would have been better.

We had Benjamin on loan before and he was good. Another one in the huge lump mould but better on the floor and at least he could actually shoot (unlike McCammon...his shot against Gillingham was embarrassing and only made the side netting from 5 foot out because it was icey).

Spurs have just loaned out a young forward who is meant to be class. We could have got him.

I am not just finding a scapegoat in McCammon so please dont accuse me of it. I just cannot see how he is a pro footballer and I am not alone in that.

Well done Richie, you have really started it now...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Richie Morris said:

McCammon is woeful.

Benjamin was a quick lump thats why he worked

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here