Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon on the phone-in

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would be interested to hear what Tank has to say on this subject.

I personally have no problem with Mac sounding off on the radio. A couple of weeks ago, in the Sportsman, he was telling everyone who would listen that he was pissed off that he was not getting a look in and he was still not fit. " Brighton fans have not seen me match fit since I have been here......" was his words.

I thought the phone in was good last night...certainly its a lot better than some of the ones around the country.

I hope harty keeps going with the phone in...I would have thought there is no way Big mac would have been given the chance if Budgie was running the program.

nice one Harty.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Harty said:
,given that Mark McGhee tapes the phone-in.
Interesting.
Not quite sure why McGhee would feel the need to torture himself, listening to the drivel from some of the miserable bastards on there, who's whole opinion of him and the team is based entirely on whatever the result or performance was that afternoon or evening. Can harly make for inspiring listening.
I'm amazed the fella hasn't jacked it in already.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Easy 10 said:
Interesting.
Not quite sure why McGhee would feel the need to torture himself, listening to the drivel from some of the miserable bastards on there, who's whole opinion of him and the team is based entirely on whatever the result or performance was that afternoon or evening. Can harly make for inspiring listening.
I'm amazed the fella hasn't jacked it in already.

did you agree with my point about his substitutions though?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Lokki 7 said:
f*** me you're HARD.

No i'm not actually, but like Harty, I dont need the internet to voice my opinions.

Yoda

English & European
The Great Cornholio said:
Someone along from me made a very good point last night - Brighton fans have always expected too much. Rewind back to just after the playoff final when we were all talking about how difficult it would be to stay up, how we would struggle etc. Now it is a struggle as predicted and yet people constantly slag rather than support.

I think the problem there was the level of performance in the games until about the end of September. Out playing teams but not getting the full results we deserved.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
dave the gaffer said:
did you agree with my point about his substitutions though?
Can't quite remember what your point was to be honest Dave ! I've had some beer and been asleep since hearing the phone-in.
No problem with your calls though squire - they are certainly above the usual knee-jerk "McGhee's got to go" crap we always seem to get after a defeat.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
It was the greatest radio I have heard for a long time after the worst match for a long time.

Harty has never been short of opinions but it was great to hear Big Mac challenge Harty's "you are not good enough for this league" Not only to challenge but to give his reasons.

I know last night's match was awful but right from the beginning you could sense that the crowd were not up for it. Burnley fans made more noise.

Personally I blame DTG who said he would not shout 'cos of his singing career:lolol:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Gaffer said:
It was the greatest radio I have heard for a long time after the worst match for a long time.

That is almost precisely what I thought about yesterday evening. Although perhaps I'd describe the game as being the most boring for a long time, though Burnley weren't quite up to Scunthorpe's standards in the time-wasting league.

I thought that Harty's radio show was incendiary stuff, and made the whole evening worthwhile.

Regardless of people's opinions about McCammon's abilities, what he said about us was valid. We do need to make the effort to be the twelfth man at Withdean, and in every game, not just when we're playing the likes of Leeds. And slagging players off duing the match IS conterproductive.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gaffer said:

Personally I blame DTG who said he would not shout 'cos of his singing career:lolol:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Harty said:
My Mum has just phoned and says I can invite Mark McCammon round for tea next Thursday. Do you think this will put an end to the matter?

Very nice but i wouldn't let her risk her best china on the clumsy oaf!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I did not hear it and am royally pissed off I didn't as it would have ben the only enterainment I had all evening. If Big Mac came on and stood his postion good on him, way do people think he is a dick for doing this ???

1. No service to strikers - correct
2. He is unfit - correct
3. He has fallen out with MM - correct
4. The fans are hopeless at home - correct with the odd honourable exception

Curious Orange said:
We do need to make the effort to be the twelfth man at Withdean, and in every game, not just when we're playing the likes of Leeds. And slagging players off duing the match IS conterproductive.

Whilst I do agree with you, I can't help thinking that if Mark McCammon was sitting on our side of the fence (i.e he paid money to sit in the cold and rain week after week watching dross and getting beaten), he would not be the "12th man" he talks about, starting songs, creating atmosphere and cheering on the team. Does he do that from the stands when he is not playing? No. And he is being paid to be there unlike us.
Kerry talked about when he and Kuipers helped to lift the crowd at Cardiff, can you imagine McCammon doing the same whilst warming up? It works both ways Mark, give us something to cheer about if you want to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I spoke with prominent 1st team player in a bar in Brighton a couple of weeks ago and I asked him for his opinion on McCammon. He agreed with me that he is a useless footballer and added that he his a complete wanker on a personal level aswell. From seeing this players reaction to the meer mention of his name, it appears that McCammon does nothing for team moral.

Anyone who wants to stick up for him should look at his past history, i mean at Millwall he upset everyone so much that he actually got stabbed by one of his team mates! Last season he was left to make his own way home because he was being such a wanker McGhee refused to even have him on the coach!

The miracle is that without any footballing ability and a serious attitude problem to boot he has managed to make a career out of the game.

Well Hopefully after this latest outburst and chapter in the comical life and career or Mark McCammon we will finally all see the back of him.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Half Time Pies said:
Anyone who wants to stick up for him should look at his past history, i mean at Millwall he upset everyone so much that he actually got stabbed by one of his team mates! Last season he was left to make his own way home because he was being such a wanker McGhee refused to even have him on the coach!
So why would Mark Magoo sign him, after all, he was his manager at Millwall?... All that proves is that Magoo is just as thick as a few people think.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Half Time Pies said:
I spoke with prominent 1st team player in a bar in Brighton a couple of weeks ago and I asked him for his opinion on McCammon. He agreed with me that he is a useless footballer and added that he his a complete wanker on a personal level aswell. From seeing this players reaction to the meer mention of his name, it appears that McCammon does nothing for team moral.

The miracle is that without any footballing ability and a serious attitude problem to boot he has managed to make a career out of the game.

Well Hopefully after this latest outburst and chapter in the comical life and career or Mark McCammon we will finally all see the back of him.

bang on

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Trigger said:
So why would Mark Magoo sign him, after all, he was his manager at Millwall?... All that proves is that Magoo is just as thick as a few people think.

It beyond me - Mcghee is well known for making strange decisions.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Half Time Pies said:

Exactly my point on the thread entitled 'has anyone ever asked a professional footballer their opinion of mccammon'.

Ironically, given yesteday's outburst from trolley on the radio, the only people who have a goo thing to say about him are some Brighton fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here