Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon on the phone-in

Brap

Feb 1, 2006
McCammon is absolutely spot on with his comments, and good on him for actually having the bollocks to raise it on a national level.

The stick he gets from the crowd at Withdean is just embbarasing. If half the fans that sit their booing McCammon and shouting abuse actually got behind the team then maybe some of the players would put some effort and we wouldn't get outsung by 800 away fans EVERY game. The atmosphere at Withdean is a f***ing disgrace. No one sings, if you even dare to raise your voice half the time you get 5 faces in front of you turning round and frowning. You stand up and you get told to sit down - its just ridiculous. Then you get a bunch of xxxxx booing our own players - no wonder McCammon has lost interest - I can't see how any proffesional footballer would want to ply their trade at Withdean - its a f***ing embarrasment. Our away following is very good, but at Withdean I don't know why the majority of people go, as they seem to have no interest in actually getting behind the team.

McCammon is also no worse a player than any of our other strikers. When fully fit he looks a very useful player. Looking at our other options, Robinson has never really looked like taking off at senior level, CKR has on the whole been a dissapointment, Gatting is still very young, He's simply better than Turienzo and Hart/Carole just arent strikers. McCammon deserves alot more from our so called home "support". People sit here wondering why he wants to leave and may be pissed off, well its not f***ing rocket science.

He's right about the lack of support aswell... for all Frutos' and Caroles running on the ball, there is very regularly no end product at all. Neither player can cross consistantly, and the final ball is pretty much non existent. I think you'll find nearly all championship strikers would struggle playing for us - Hell stick Ronaldo up front and he'd be pissed off at our lack of service.

I'm very glad he rang in to challenge "Harty" - don't really see the value of him slagging of our own players either... especially through the radio - very brave. When Mark rang in "Harty" backtracked, and he would also never say half of the stuff he spouts about him to his face. For some reason McCammon has become an easy target, just because he isnt satisfied with the current state at Brighton, maybe if some of the other so called "fan favourites" actually started showing concern about our current position and what is going on at the club then we might actually be able to change it. It's a sad day when someone who has only been at the club for around a year has to raise issues such as this, where as people that have been at the club for years sit back and just let us run into mediocrity again.

"Half Time Pies" - You should work for a tabloid mate, good piece of unsubstaniated bollocks and rumours. Team spirit seems non existant at Albion - I'd be very surprised if any of the players actually got on looking at the way they act on the pitch - a couple of little cliques maybe, but that makes for a shite dressing room.

Anyway - Hope he scores at the weekend and dedicates it to some of the xxxxx that are on his back week in week out.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just one thing to so here....

NOBODY should blame lack of atmosphere at games for performing badly.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Do you reckon Brap is Mark McCammon?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
has anyone actually heard someone boo one of our players?

i havent

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Brap said:

Anyway - Hope he scores at the weekend and dedicates it to some of the xxxxx that are on his back week in week out.

I hope that every weekend, I'd love him to score a goal and ram it in my face. Unfortunately I've come to learn that, however much I hope for it, he won't.

Lets face facts, he is the worse player at the club, has no respect of fans or players and is quite frankly taking the piss by getting paid for it. Oh for the day, he decides he's had enough of the 'whinging' and fucks off for good. I don't think he'll find any other club's fans at this level any different.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
dave the gaffer said:

i havent

Me, I've booed trolley cos I think he's wank. People always have a go at me for it mind.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Brap said:
McCammon is absolutely spot on with his comments, and good on him for actually having the bollocks to raise it on a national level. ...

What an excellent debut post ! :bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the full harris said:
Me, I've booed trolley cos I think he's wank. People always have a go at me for it mind.

ITS HIM...HE IS THE ONE BURN HIM

:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think our players need to stop being so f***ing precious. If you don't want to hear bad things said then a) PLAY BETTER or b) DON'T LISTEN to a FANS PHONE IN.

McCammon is a poor player, no two ways about it. What exactly has he done in his career to make anybody think otherwise? Please tell me.

He can blame watever he likes, phone ins, atmosphere or even lack of creativitty. None of these things will change the fact that he JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

Lord Bracknell said:
The other point that he made - that whinging fans bring down team morale and affect performances - is something that a lot of people should listen to.

Interesting that Kerry Mayo was more or less saying the same thing. The fans are part of the team. Maybe some of us should be loaned out.

Only to lower league teams presumably.

I shall be loaned out to Hassocks FC on Saturday so I can get some games under my belt

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I think our players need to stop being so f***ing precious. If you don't want to hear bad things said then a) PLAY BETTER or b) DON'T LISTEN to a FANS PHONE IN.

McCammon is a poor player, no two ways about it. What exactly has he done in his career to make anybody think otherwise? Please tell me.

He can blame watever he likes, phone ins, atmosphere or even lack of creativitty. None of these things will change the fact that he JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

SPOT ON. :clap:

Maybe. But didn't we say the same about Tank when he played without being match fit?

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton

:clap2:

Brap

Feb 1, 2006
dave the gaffer said:

i havent

Well I have, and its f***ing embarrasing.

And, "The full Harris" - how is he meant to score when we create f*** all every game - how is CKR meant to score, or Robinson or any of the strikers?? Answer me that. He's a target man, he's hardly going to skin 5 players and score an incredible solo effort. Players of his style thrive on service, good balls into the box - that is frankly non happening. He's had 3 game back from injury and you've already decided he's the worst player in the squad, and you boo him on matchdays - f***ing Pathetic mate.

I was too bored last night to slag anyone off, except for Jansen for his timewasting and Cotterill for his unbelivably negative tactics.

Come on Trolley - ram all this negativity back ata us with interest.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
Maybe. But didn't we say the same about Tank when he played without being match fit?

I don't think I've ever seen a match fit McCammon in all the time he's been here. I don't think that it's all down to match fitness with McCammon though.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Big Mac for various reasons has not been fit in all his time at Brighton. We are yet to see the best of him, glimpses vs Sunderland and Leicester. I was hoping we would one day. Sadly, I think his time is up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here